It,s no longer fun supporting saints

Snowballs2

To be honest it hasn't been for some while now.

As soon as Strachan left is when the fun went out of it and I don't think it's gonna be 'fun' for some time to come.

What people forget is football is actually an 'entertainment' and so if you don't enjoy it and it makes you continually miserable don't go. All this loyalty stuff is ****** to be honest. Why make yourself unhappy for a couple of hours every weekend?

It's not just about winning it's about having a good couple of hours at a football match too. Who can say they've had that in the last two seasons at SMS?

Still now Rupert is back we have turned the corner with his 'bold experiment'......

FFS!

To be fair, I'd have ****ed myself laughing seeing us miss two penalties in a matter of minutes.

At Hillsbrough last season I had one of the best times I'll ever have watching Saints. We got trounced 5-0, but I had such a laugh with people I'd never met that it's games like these that make me proud to support Saints. Very few other clubs' fans would unite like this.

I'm not a sadist, I just believe you can have fun whether you win 5-0 or lose 5-0.

I couldn't agree more.

Going to a game used to be a ritual.

Then it was entertaining.

Then it became, "well what would saturday's be without it?"

then, "well I've got a seaon ticket it would be pointless wasting it...."

no, it's a case of "I know i've got a season ticket, but I'm not that fussed.....is the sun shining?....is there anything better to do?......."

crap isn't it?

To be fair, I'd have ****ed myself laughing seeing us miss two penalties in a matter of minutes.

At Hillsbrough last season I had one of the best times I'll ever have watching Saints. We got trounced 5-0, but I had such a laugh with people I'd never met that it's games like these that make me proud to support Saints. Very few other clubs' fans would unite like this.

I'm not a sadist, I just believe you can have fun whether you win 5-0 or lose 5-0.

Try about four of five of these in the season and relentless home defeats and see how much you enjoy it. I know what you mean though but sometimes that laughter is the only thing that stops you from crying. Just standing/sitting in the crowd watching your hopeless team colliding with each other and giving away goals every couple of minutes soon loses it's appeal.

Funnily enough taking it the opposition and winning home and way doesn't!

Try about four of five of these in the season and relentless home defeats and see how much you enjoy it. I know what you mean though but sometimes that laughter is the only thing that stops you from crying. Just standing/sitting in the crowd watching your hopeless team colliding with each other and giving away goals every couple of minutes soon loses it's appeal.

Funnily enough taking it the opposition and winning home and way doesn't!

It's called 'gallows humour' and it is more like reactionary humour than enjoyable humour.

Have been watching Saints for over 50 years and been a ST holder since the mid 70`s and for the first time ever today I nearly left before half-time. I suddenly realised that I have almost got to the stage where I don`t really care any more. Saints have been a major part of my life. I have had the stuffing knocked out of me over the last 5 years and there`s virtually nothing left. How sad that it`s come to this. :(:(:(

Edited by miserableoldgit
Pedantry!

SFC are in limbo atm, until we get rid of the dreggs (lowe & Wilde) things are gonna stay the same :(

It's nothing to do with Lowe and Wilde, unpopular as that may be.

We can't afford a better manager or better players until we shift from our books the theoretically better players that we have that don't contribute one iota to

our matchday performances.

Skacel+BWP+Thomas+John+Euell= £50000+ (and more) every week.

It needs 5000+ spectators in the ground every home match just to watch them err not performing. Lowe+Wilde have obviously tried to shift them but with no result. So you're paying your hard earned to watch them do err nothing whatsoever.That's not Lowe or Wilde's fault (well Wilde a bit)

Because of employment law we have to pay them until the end of their contract .If nobody else wants to take them off our hands we're stuck with the bustards, good attitude,bad attituden,play, don't play, it doesn't matter 5000 spectators pay them anyway.So when you're olny getting 16K anyway

28% of your revenue has disappeared up the chimney before you kick a ball.

The super stadium,much dreamed of for donkey's years gobbles up the hard earned of another 4000 spectators every game...

So you're left with the square root of f**k all to pay the team that actually step on to the field.

Must admit, I agree with that. Had a good day up in Sheffield last season. Same goes for Bristol away when we went 2-0 down after about 15 minutes, it was probably 1 of the best atmospheres we've had since we've been in the Championship.

Hey-ho looking forward to Swansea next weekend (I have no idea why!). Think we could even pull a result out of the hat too.

We can't afford a better manager or better players until we shift from our books the theoretically better players that we have that don't contribute one iota to

It needs 5000+ spectators in the ground every home match just to watch them err not performing. Lowe+Wilde have obviously tried to shift them but with no result. So you're paying your hard earned to watch them do err nothing whatsoever.That's not Lowe or Wilde's fault (well Wilde a bit)

Because of employment law we have to pay them until the end of their contract .If nobody else wants to take them off our hands we're stuck with the bustards, good attitude,bad attituden,play, don't play, it doesn't matter 5000 spectators pay them anyway.So when you're olny getting 16K anyway

The super stadium,much dreamed of for donkey's years gobbles up the hard earned of another 4000 spectators every game...

So you're left with the square root of f**k all to pay the team that actually step on to the field.

What you are saying is correct,but like ive said a thousand times already,if you get rid of proven goalscorers and get a head coach who is way out of his depth,the results suffer and this has a knock on effect with crowd numbers.

I bet Rasiak wouldve scored those two penalties today.

I disagree. I have had a season ticket for a number of years and have done more or less every away game for a number of years too. The fun is still 100% there. The point is travelling for 3-4 weeks to away games and drawing, losing or playing ****..and then on one away day you get a last minute winner ****ing miles away from home making the last 3-4 weeks of travelling 100% worth it. Home games aren't that fun, but still enjoyable. But away days are quality. The atmosphere, the banter, the singing, the pubs.

after 42 years of having a season ticket i now use the money i would have spent (£46)on my sons and myselfs tickets on actually enjoying myself.Tonite were going to the brook to see a bob marley tribute band and in certain will get guaranteed enjoyment as opposed to todays usual upset

after 42 years of having a season ticket i now use the money i would have spent (£46)on my sons and myselfs tickets on actually enjoying myself.Tonite were going to the brook to see a bob marley tribute band and in certain will get guaranteed enjoyment as opposed to todays usual upset

It's going to be alright:smt023

I didnt go to the game today due to child minding issues, but if really needed could have sent the little fella to my mums or the in laws and wondered down to SMS. But I didnt. The reason being I no longer have the passion or inclination. I didnt renew my season ticket after we got relegated but went all the time, and when I made the decision not to goto a game I would suddenly feel the urge to go and then get my missus to drop me off at SMS with about 10 mins to go. But that urge is slowing going or to be perfectly honest has gone.

Today I drove past SMS just after Watford scored their second, and was surprised to see hordes of people leaving the stadium shaking their heads.

Im afraid this result along with others will make many people like myself lose the urge or passion to goto football.

I went to Tesco at Bursledon just after the final whistle and saw many faces I recongise from SMS, and none had been to game today and were amazed at the result. A few of them didnt even know the result which shows me how low supporting Saints has come.

Have been watching Saints for over 50 years and been a ST holder since the mid 70`s and for the first time ever today I nearly left before half-time. I suddenly realised that I have almost got to the stage where I don`t really care any more. Saints have been a major part of my life. I have had the stuffing knocked out of me over the last 5 years and there`s virtually nothing left. How sad that it`s come to this. :(:(:(

same age , same feelings

Had a gutfull left at 80 mins 10 mins more than |i thought I would at half time, supported the club for nearly 40 years but my soul has had enough.

Thank god I can go back to the pub with a few pals to at least know the misery is not just my own.

I will be back for Bristol but not without about 5 beers in me.

Whats to look forward too not strictly come dancing and X factor for sure

I disagree. I have had a season ticket for a number of years and have done more or less every away game for a number of years too. The fun is still 100% there. The point is travelling for 3-4 weeks to away games and drawing, losing or playing ****..and then on one away day you get a last minute winner ****ing miles away from home making the last 3-4 weeks of travelling 100% worth it. Home games aren't that fun, but still enjoyable. But away days are quality. The atmosphere, the banter, the singing, the pubs.

Too right. I look forward to the day out more than the football these days.

Same thing here when I took the missus to Anfield when we got stuffed 7-1. It was so bad it was funny.

I now only go occasionally and take the nipper if he wants to go but the sad thing is I know longer get that Match Day Buzz.

by not turning up?

I thought the crowd was pretty tolerent of Lowe / Wilde. I expected some good old "swing Lowe singing" but nothing in the Northam

There's no fight left in anyone. Fans are still in shock and are finding it really difficult coming to terms with yet another predicatble Lowe c@ckup.

Same thing here when I took the missus to Anfield when we got stuffed 7-1. It was so bad it was funny.

I now only go occasionally and take the nipper if he wants to go but the sad thing is I know longer get that Match Day Buzz.

I sat in the Stretford end at Man U and watched us get our butts kicked 5 - 0, I think Sherringham scored a hat trick and I remember thinking, 'please just score a goal and I will go mental' it would've made my day. It didn't happen and I had to listen to the Man U fans as they talked down their noses at our little club. God I wished we had scored!

I sat in the Stretford end at Man U and watched us get our butts kicked 5 - 0, I think Sherringham scored a hat trick and I remember thinking, 'please just score a goal and I will go mental' it would've made my day. It didn't happen and I had to listen to the Man U fans as they talked down their noses at our little club. God I wished we had scored!

You're right. Somehow, no matter how big the tonking, just getting that one goal can make all the difference.

LOL @ Rupert Lowe.

Yet again another one of his experiments (read cheap gambles) is going to see Saints FC fail. Anyone who saw todays game could see that the managers/coachs/players are all out of their depth.

The continueing attempts to make DMG a saleable asset are laughable and I'm willing to make £500 cash bet that we will sell Surman and Lallana in January.

We are in a sorry state and division 1 beckons and once we have sold the 2 above the next step is administration.

Deep joy.

This is definately my last season as a ST holder especially while Lowe and Wilde preside.

I had a game of golf today, normally i'm tuning in the radio after every hole - not today. I was content with waiting till the end of the game and didnt even feel surprised at the result.

The fun has gone!

Well you are not a real fan if you play golf instead of watching saints. Why bother to come on here - go find a golf forum.

Good post mate - I too have been a fan as long as you and I too feel the same.

You reap what you sow.

The field belongs to Lowe.

Nope!

Then, although this is a free country with freedom of speech (Political Correctness permitting), I am afraid that your insightful comments on this afternoons "performance" are of no value at all. Those of us that were actually there KNOW what it was like. I think that the flippant remarks on an event that you could not be bothered to attend are worthless.

sad to say I agree, 67 was my first game and I just cannot believe what I am watching. Being a saints supporter you know that you are going to get more downs than ups, but I cannot see any positives in this at the moment. The choices seem to be to go along, sit watch and suffer or do what most people are doing now and stay away. I do this more now for a few beers with my old mates than the game oh my oh my. If anyone out there can save us step right up dont sit and watch us go under...please

Then, although this is a free country with freedom of speech (Political Correctness permitting), I am afraid that your insightful comments on this afternoons "performance" are of no value at all. Those of us that were actually there KNOW what it was like. I think that the flippant remarks on an event that you could not be bothered to attend are worthless.

miserable old git!

Well said that man. Its becoming very ****ing tedious to hear the neverending reasons for people not attending as though its some badge of honour