Glenn Hoddle Save Our Side

Dalek2003

Guest Hacienda
Ok everyone, lets all lobby to get Glenn back, after four and a half years enough is enough !

You really are a very creepy nutter.

What an incredible kneejerk reaction, if we had scored the penalties this match would have been very very different and we'd been talking about promotion again. Lets look past the score and look how it came about. Yes the defense wat terrible but we also created chance after chance only to find a marvelous Lee in our way.

IMO its lowe fault were in this postion we should of kept Pearson he is doing very well at lcfc and done well with us all these changes in the summer and bringin in players who are young and inexperinced and a coach whos inexperinced in this country is costing us JP seems a nice bloke and has us playing good football but its not working out and he needs to go as does lowe.

What an incredible kneejerk reaction, if we had scored the penalties this match would have been very very different and we'd been talking about promotion again. Lets look past the score and look how it came about. Yes the defense wat terrible but we also created chance after chance only to find a marvelous Lee in our way.

IF IF IF IF IF IF

Lee was not marvelous

You have to have been there to know

Err, surely we would have lost 3-2.

Guest Hacienda
Whatever you say, my campaign moves into its fifth year soon.

When you insert your anal dildo do you sigh deeply and utter the words "Oooh Glen, that's goooood baby?"

Ok everyone, lets all lobby to get Glenn back, after four and a half years enough is enough !

Ex-England boss Glenn Hoddle says he turned down second stint at Saints - and may never manage again

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 5:11 PM on 23rd May 2008

Former England boss Glenn Hoddle has revealed he turned down the chance of a second spell in charge at Southampton and may now never return to football management.

Hoddle claims the approach from the Saints was one of "six or seven" offers of employment but insists he is now focussed on his 'second chance' scheme for young players who have been dumped by their clubs.

The ex-Tottenham and Monaco midfielder - who took on the England job 12 years ago and then returned to club football with Southampton, Tottenham and Wolves - has opened a soccer academy in Spain.

article-0-001080AD00000258-458_468x530.jpg

'Choccy' takes liquid refreshment whilst managing England, and isn't tempted to taste club management again

He has also launched an ambitious project in England aimed at resurrecting the fledgling careers of teenage discards from Premier League and Football League clubs.

Eighteen months after the scheme's inception, Hoddle has 60 hand-picked youngsters who have completed trials at Chelsea's state-of-the-art training centre in Surrey and won a year's scholarship at his academy in the southern Spanish resort of Monticastillo.

At least 30 of them will be awarded an intensive course in athletic and academic re-education, in conjunction with Leeds Metropolitan University, to prepare them for another shot at returning to top-flight football.

Hoddle, 50, said: "I'm confident that over the next five years we are going to discover some real diamonds.

"I think a good percentage of the lads we are trialling will get back into the game at a good level and some of them will become top, top players."

He added: "I was offered the manager's job at Southampton again a little while ago and I've probably turned down six or seven jobs, some of which were internationals and ones I really had to think about.

"But I had already got into this project and it is what I want to do now

These might come in handy:

reading_glass_1.jpg

suppose you feel bad about your part in the anti Hoddle protest in 2004, considering what it has led too.

Erm....I was actually in favour of Hoddle returning.....but you carry on assuming what suits you sir.

I'm simply highlighting what Glenn Hoddle himself thinks of your 'campaign'.

That's all.

(Now, where did I put that picture of a high horse....)

Erm....I was actually in favour of Hoddle returning.....but you carry on assuming what suits you sir.

I'm simply highlighting what Glenn Hoddle himself thinks of your 'campaign'.

That's all.

(Now, where did I put that picture of a high horse....)

Sorry !

Guest Hacienda
I suppose you feel bad about your part in the anti Hoddle protest in 2004, considering what it has led too.

Considering I'm on the record has having no problem with his return it just goes to show how much you've lost the plot.

You are one sad, sad, obsessed, odd, disturbing, freak.

Considering I'm on the record has having no problem with his return it just goes to show how much you've lost the plot.

You are one sad, sad, obsessed, odd, disturbing, freak.

That is your interpretation. I would say I was persistent and determined.

well as you werent at the game, u would not have seen the gash performance that was put in by the team. The defence is poor in the least and the strikers couldnt buy a goal. We r very much going down. FACT.

I would say I was persistent and determined.

Yup! You can add silly and young too.

I can't stand the way some of these Hoddle dimwits come out with irrelevant drivel like this....still. Why is it a ****ing given that he'd have been successful after failing at Wolves and Spurs? Why? Morons.

Its not as stupid as it sounds , Jan has lost the plot , When we got awarded the first penalty , He should have been getting a message to the lads for Surman to take it , McGoldrick had just been clattered , when i saw him putting the ball on the spot i couldnt beleive it , 2nd Pen Surman once again grabs the ball , no shouting from Jan again , no surprises Wooton is a blaster no precision in any of his passes , good midfielder not a centre half , he was sat on the bench all game .

2nd half 3-0 all expecting changes , same team appears from the dressing room , Smith comes to life on the left , so jan decides to swop him to the right where he is ineffective , then he subs right back for Jake ,then subs smith with 10mins to for Pekhart.

To many easy mistakes being made at management level , its as if hes running out of ideas , still doesnt know his best team , playing players out of posistion , its like Burley all over again , Wooton v Christian Daley , we keep getting strikers on loan what about a centre half who can read the game and posistion the youngsters around them , Oh yes he was on the bench , well lets bring another old head to go with Perry as Svensson is going to be crocked again , in for 1 out for 8 , Im a very frustrated saints fan for over 30 years .Experience has to start from the manager through the team we havent got that .

Are you sure you were watching todays Saints game and not the Chelsea one?

We were dire and missed TWO penalties because the team seemed like they couldnt give a rats bootom.

Its not as stupid as it sounds , Jan has lost the plot , When we got awarded the first penalty , He should have been getting a message to the lads for Surman to take it , McGoldrick had just been clattered , when i saw him putting the ball on the spot i couldnt beleive it , 2nd Pen Surman once again grabs the ball , no shouting from Jan again , no surprises Wooton is a blaster no precision in any of his passes , good midfielder not a centre half , he was sat on the bench all game .

2nd half 3-0 all expecting changes , same team appears from the dressing room , Smith comes to life on the left , so jan decides to swop him to the right where he is ineffective , then he subs right back for Jake ,then subs smith with 10mins to for Pekhart.

To many easy mistakes being made at management level , its as if hes running out of ideas , still doesnt know his best team , playing players out of posistion , its like Burley all over again , Wooton v Christian Daley , we keep getting strikers on loan what about a centre half who can read the game and posistion the youngsters around them , Oh yes he was on the bench , well lets bring another old head to go with Perry as Svensson is going to be crocked again , in for 1 out for 8 , Im a very frustrated saints fan for over 30 years .Experience has to start from the manager through the team we havent got that .

McGoldrick won the penalty and as our top goalscorer, I would have expected him to take it.

Wotton was penalty taker at Plymouth and the most experienced player in our team, I would have let him take it.

...Hindsight is a wonderful thing

I agree with what you say about the subs. Ryan Smith was doing brilliant down the left and shouldnt have been moved to the right, and Pekhart should have come on at 1/2 time - 60 mins, not with 7mins left. However, the game was lost in the first half and we were never going to get a result after that.

I don't blame Jan. We missed 2 penalties which we really should have burried and had chances to score others. That was not Jans fault.

However he does need to work on defending set pieces because we are clearly unable to man mark or challenge in the air.

The only reason McGoldrick is top scorer is because nobody else has had a run in the team like he has . Regardless of Wooton taking penaltys at Plymouth , Surman is the natural choice as he probably has the sweetest strike of the ball . I dont agree with you the game was lost at half time , if he had been braver at half time and gone 3 up front and really gone for it .Watford were poor none of their goals were exceptional it was down to poor defending not good attacking .If we had got a goal in first 10 mins of 2nd half we might have got something from the game .

What is our best team , im sure Jan doesnt know , we need to play a consistent team for 10 games with minor changes not open heart surgery .Midfield was a joke today Wooton needs to sit in the hold infornt of the defence and let the young legs around him do the work . We dont have no influencial player in the team , who can dictate the pace of the play .

Hoddle! OK think about it seriously. Who the hell is going to come to us as manager / coach. Compensation to be paid to Woote, Jan, and other coaching staff.

A decent manager is going to want a decent wage / contract and money to spend

WE HAVENT GOT THE MONEY!

The only reason McGoldrick is top scorer is because nobody else has had a run in the team like he has . Regardless of Wooton taking penaltys at Plymouth , Surman is the natural choice as he probably has the sweetest strike of the ball . I dont agree with you the game was lost at half time , if he had been braver at half time and gone 3 up front and really gone for it .Watford were poor none of their goals were exceptional it was down to poor defending not good attacking .If we had got a goal in first 10 mins of 2nd half we might have got something from the game .

What is our best team , im sure Jan doesnt know , we need to play a consistent team for 10 games with minor changes not open heart surgery .Midfield was a joke today Wooton needs to sit in the hold infornt of the defence and let the young legs around him do the work . We dont have no influencial player in the team , who can dictate the pace of the play .

I think you're right that we had to go with three up front, regardless of whether we thought we could get back into the game. The tripple sub against Cov was a good decision by Jan and it nearly got us back into the game, perhaps he needed to be a bit braver and more positive today.

Lee was marvelous? Did he actually make a save (he got in the way for the second pen and I could have saved the first with my eyes closed and my hands tied behind my back). I look past the score and am just thankful that Watford decided at half-time that they had taken the **** enough in our goal area and would sit back and take the 3 points. If they had wanted to they could have had half a dozen. They were quite frankly the worst team I have seen (ever), excluding Saints today of course. Even if we had scored the 2 pens anyone who would have been talking about promotion this season would have been confined to the funny farm.

Guest Hacienda
Hoddle! OK think about it seriously. Who the hell is going to come to us as manager / coach. Compensation to be paid to Woote, Jan, and other coaching staff.

A decent manager is going to want a decent wage / contract and money to spend

WE HAVENT GOT THE MONEY!

We'll have even less when this "revolution" relegates us.

I forgive you! I would see Hoddle back here like a shot but he seems happy where he is. Good luck with your crusade though....nothing ventured and all that....! :)
i would not mind hoddle back compared to those who want that billy davies, but i am backing jan to get it right just like pearson did when he was our manager.