The Burley School of Football Management

1965onwards

Sign 2 Forwards,6 Midfielders,1 1/2 Defenders,1 Goalkeeper.

Don't worrry about defending.

Who needs proper fullbacks?

Who need defenders who can jump and head a ball?

Is JP even MORE stupid than Burley?

Woah! Everyone's upset, but let's not say things we don't mean.

JP may have overlooked the defence somewhat, but he isn't quite in Burley's league yet. Burley had a relatively massive budget compared to Jan, yet still decided going into the new season with 4 fit defenders (Vignal, Ostlund, Makin and Bennett) was a good idea.

Jan, though possibly ignorant of our frailties, hasn't been anywhere near that stupid.

Woah! Everyone's upset, but let's not say things we don't mean.

JP may have overlooked the defence somewhat, but he isn't quite in Burley's league yet. Burley had a relatively massive budget compared to Jan, yet still decided going into the new season with 4 fit defenders (Vignal, Ostlund, Makin and Bennett) was a good idea.

Jan, though possibly ignorant of our frailties, hasn't been anywhere near that stupid.

LOL @ somewhat :shock:

I think tactically he is proving himself even more inept than Burley.

Sign 2 Forwards,6 Midfielders,1 1/2 Defenders,1 Goalkeeper.

Don't worrry about defending.

Who needs proper fullbacks?

Who need defenders who can jump and head a ball?

Is JP even MORE stupid than Burley?

Burley signed Andrew Davies who most fans thought was a fairly good defender. He also got Ilfil and Dailly on loan who were considered decent defenders. He signed Thomas who fans are now saying is our saviour in defence. He also played Baird unlike previous managers and Baird was voted player of the season.

I don't think Jan has been allowed to buy anyone decent or does not know the league well enough to get experienced defenders in. Pearson at least had contacts and knew that getting in experienced defenders like Perry and Lucketti in would help us last season.

I can't believe the current manager or coaching team don't know we badly need defenders?

Mills and James are too small. The same applies to Perry. You have to combine footballing ability with physical presence at the back. We are lightweight. Who is to blame? Who cares. All I care about is changing this fact.

Watford signed Ward on loan and last week and today he won absolutely everything at the back today. Why on earth he was not signed in the summer ahead of Perry and Wotton I will never know. I realise we don't have money but what little you have has to be spent right. Look at the loans/signings...Pekhard, Forecast, Pulis, Gasmi, Wotton even Svensson, money or no money I have to question the logic of these signings.

Mills and James are too small. The same applies to Perry. You have to combine footballing ability with physical presence at the back. We are lightweight. Who is to blame? Who cares. All I care about is changing this fact.

Watford signed Ward on loan and last week and today he won absolutely everything at the back today. Why on earth he was not signed in the summer ahead of Perry and Wotton I will never know. I realise we don't have money but what little you have has to be spent right. Look at the loans/signings...Pekhard, Forecast, Pulis, Gasmi, Wotton even Svensson, money or no money I have to question the logic of these signings.

Agree it seems money has been wasted and should have been spent on a big bruiser to play centre half and another to play centre forward the same as most teams in this league where most goals are scored from set pieces.

Look at the loans/signings...Pekhard, Forecast, Pulis, Gasmi, Wotton even Svensson, money or no money I have to question the logic of these signings.

F**k logic, they were bought for one reason - they were cheap and we are all so stupid (in the eyes of Lowe) it looked like the club was reinforcing.

Between them you've listed, the only one to have come close to demonstrating his worth is Wotton - the rest are shiit or injured.