Dean Richards R.I.P

Edmonton Saint

Could he be one of our best signings ever? To get him on a free was an amazing bit of business. A brilliant defender. Very sad news and my thoughts are with his family. RIP.

One of several iconic Saints players brought to the club by Dave Jones. That man has the best record of acquisitions of any Saints manager in my conscious Saints supporting memory (Nicholl onwards).

Richards was just class and this was really sad news. In another era, ie these days, he'd be an England squad fixture.

Wolves v Spurs at the weekend is a fortunate fixture for a nice send off, but I hope Saints do their bit. His Saints career was him at his absolute peak and that ought to be recognised.

One of several iconic Saints players brought to the club by Dave Jones. That man has the best record of acquisitions of any Saints manager in my conscious Saints supporting memory (Nicholl onwards).

Richards was just class and this was really sad news. In another era, ie these days, he'd be an England squad fixture.

Wolves v Spurs at the weekend is a fortunate fixture for a nice send off, but I hope Saints do their bit. His Saints career was him at his absolute peak and that ought to be recognised.

Amen to that brother.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
A great player for us. Does anybody know what caused the mystery illness?

If I remember correctly, when he moved to Spuds he had a problem with dizziness and balance, which they at first attributed to a problem with his ears. I think that it later proved to be more of a neurological illness, unfortunately. I guess this is what the problem was. As for the exact problem, sorry, I don't know. In any case, 36 is too early. Thanks Deano, and goodnight.

Anyone know who represented Saints at Molyneux this afternoon? Apparently as well as Wolves and Spuds, Saints and Bradford sent reps to the game for a tribute beforehand. Nice touch. Read a nice bit from Chris Kamara as well.

Its tomorrow's live Sky game at 4pm so hopefully we will see then.

I know he gets a bit of stick on here but Beatts seems a really decent bloke.

probably grown up a bit from his younger, wilder days down here.

Lovely tribute to Deano that, RIP big man.

Baffled by some of the stick at times, everytime I met him he was very friendly and a nice guy. Beatts lost his father just a couple of weeks ago, so can imagine the pain of losing a best friend, also a father of two young boys, is incredibly hard to take.

Beatts and him were very close, Deano spent a lot of time looking out for the younger players and discouraging them from getting in trouble. Partly because that was the sort of bloke he was, but also because he had that car accident early in his career and I think he realised how fragile a footballing career could be. Looked like he was doing more of the same as youth coach @ Bradford. As the saying goes, only the good die young. Class response from Wolves & Spurs today, and if there isn't an official tribute on Tuesday lets make sure we hold one ourselves.

Not in my nature to praise other clubs BUT i thought Wolves were superb in their tribute to Dean ' date=' not many clubs invite or include other clubs a player has played for in a tribute[/quote']

Totally agree - they did a brilliant job at making it a very inclusive and selfless remembrance.