BTfon, Boing etc

dronskisaint

You could try uninstalling all the Vodafone bloatware, and use an independent program to manage the connections.

You'll need to install drivers and possibly firmware upgrade for the dongle (Huawei?). I used a little program called mdma to manage the connections. Youl also need to disable autoplay for the dongle, or it will try to re-install the Vodafone stuff every time you plug it in.

I did this a couple of years ago with a Vodafone Huawei E272, and was able to put different data sims in for different countries as required. Also lets you switch between 2G, 2.5G and 3G as required depending on availaility of service when you are travelling.

I don't use it anymore, as I've got an ericsson 3G card built in to the laptop now. Great piece of kit, just stick a sim in (any sim enabled for the region) and away you go.

You could try uninstalling all the Vodafone bloatware, and use an independent program to manage the connections.

You'll need to install drivers and possibly firmware upgrade for the dongle (Huawei?). I used a little program called mdma to manage the connections. Youl also need to disable autoplay for the dongle, or it will try to re-install the Vodafone stuff every time you plug it in.

I did this a couple of years ago with a Vodafone Huawei E272, and was able to put different data sims in for different countries as required. Also lets you switch between 2G, 2.5G and 3G as required depending on availaility of service when you are travelling.

I don't use it anymore, as I've got an ericsson 3G card built in to the laptop now. Great piece of kit, just stick a sim in (any sim enabled for the region) and away you go.

Thanks Hutch for this....forgive my lack of knowledge but does it still work through a SIM or does it identify a relevant broadband source and hook up?