just what do we have to offer anymore?

lordswoodsaints

what do we have to offer any potential signings anymore?

in days gone by when we were in the premiership we had our premiership status,our good track record of nurturing the youngsters,our history in the top flight and our 'family friendly club' image to attract the players to our club.

but what do we have to offer today........?

apart from the obvious attraction to the younger players of bringing through and playing the youth players and perhaps our top class facilities (stadium and training ground) there isnt much left in the repertoire to attract any potential signings.

i cant imagine us being the best payers in the league and playing in front of a half empty stadium cant be too appealing,this coupled with our over critical,over expectant fanbase is enough to put anybody off coming to play for us.

so what is it that attracts players to this club?

what do we have to offer any potential signings anymore?

apart from the obvious attraction to the younger players of bringing through and playing the youth players and perhaps our top class facilities (stadium and training ground) there isnt much left in the repertoire to attract any potential signings.

Hmmmmm, that's not bad. Seems to be working for Cork, Lallana, Surman, James etc etc.

We have very little to offer the journeymen looking for one last pay day, I agree. Thank god.

All we seem to have to offer is that if you are a kid, you'll get regular games. You wont be covered in glory or earn loads of money, just the chance to show what your're made of to secure your big move to the Premier League.

A stepping stone, basically, perfectly summed up by those comments about Schneiderlin off to L'Arse at the end of his contract.

All we seem to have to offer is that if you are a kid, you'll get regular games. You wont be covered in glory or earn loads of money, just the chance to show what your're made of to secure your big move to the Premier League.

A stepping stone, basically, perfectly summed up by those comments about Schneiderlin off to L'Arse at the end of his contract.

i agree with you for a change alpine,the best we can offer any decent enough player is the chance to put themselves in the shop window for a big money move to the prem or a more ambitious championship side.

99% of clubs are a stepping stone.

at least we have him for 4 years then!

we offer more than prestige, training facilities, stadium etc than most in this division - but not in the way of cash!

I agree with most of this, but I wouldn't underestimate the value to a quality young player looking for the club to nurture and develop them or the value to us of find such a player (if you were underestimating it).

IF this project that we're currently going through comes off, I could quite easily see us loaned quality young players or being the club of choice for academy starlets. As the conditions to entry to our first team appear to only be that you have all your adult teeth, we will give games to talented players. Plus we've shown that we can move talent into the Premier League in recent years too.

As for the original question. I think we can offer very little to quality, older pros - least of all a cash pay day at the end of their career.