Hoddles football school

OldNick

I looked at this the last time it was brought up. It is like x factor for football, where Glenn Hoddle is Simon Cowell. They are only taking players released from CCC and Premiership clubs and what happens if they get you a contract? Do they own you like Tevez is, or do they get a transfer fee? What happens if no one wants you?

I looked at this the last time it was brought up. It is like x factor for football, where Glenn Hoddle is Simon Cowell. They are only taking players released from CCC and Premiership clubs and what happens if they get you a contract? Do they own you like Tevez is, or do they get a transfer fee? What happens if no one wants you?

Glen Hoddle can really play god.

On paper it seems a good idea, they pick up unwanted talent, develop them further and hope they blossom late.

The bit I don't fully understand is how they make their money, it can only be through becoming their agents and getting a cut that way. However if they could get them into a club that was willing to showcase them they could get a more profitable sell on fee. The hosting club would have to hold their registration, because of the third party ownership thingy.

We fit the bill, Hoddle and Lowe are old flames and we have a docile first team coach who will do as he is told. Hoddle would benefit by Southampton adding value to his players, the clubs coffers would benefit by having their cut. The only thing that will suffer would be the football team, but the PLC would be OK so Lowe would be happy.

The only thing standing in his way is the other owners, but if we went into administration he could wipe them out quickly and cheaply.

It’s all just a wild theory about a likely to happen as America nationalising their banks.

well if another club was given the opportunity I expect we would have fans saying' why isn't it us '

There of course would be a cut in it for GH, afterall it costs money to run.We would have some new talent on the books and get our add on.

Some would go on and become stars others just CCC standard players, but we may get some revenue in.

Because the youngsters in question are almost certainly not as good as what we already have or else they would be attached to clubs and not having to pay mr hoddle

True, but we have kids - Hoddle's after more the later developers or sort of the Lee Holmes types who go through the academy and then have nothing when they hit 18.

Some kids are ready at 18, some like our lot will be ready...... next year. Occassional special ones at 17. But many aren't ready at 18 and then get kicked out, some like Brian Howard make it, some get to play non-league and some end up getting a real job

Pretty irrelevant to us this season though as Hoddle's only just starting up

True, but we have kids - Hoddle's after more the later developers or sort of the Lee Holmes types who go through the academy and then have nothing when they hit 18.

Some kids are ready at 18, some like our lot will be ready...... next year. Occassional special ones at 17. But many aren't ready at 18 and then get kicked out, some like Brian Howard make it, some get to play non-league and some end up getting a real job

Pretty irrelevant to us this season though as Hoddle's only just starting up

i understand the principle but i just cannot see it working in any significant numbers

Why would we want anything to do with Hoddle again?

He is a useless manager / coach, who has never actually achieved anything in his managerial career.

Good for him he's set his own academy up. I hope he makes a success of it, so he can say he's been succesful at something, just don't involve us.

Im not Hoddles biggest fan but to say he is a rubbish coach is a bit extravegant

Its widely regarded that his actions as England manager when Beckham got sent off against Argentina to be one of the finest bits of coaching under pressure. Keeping Owen and Shearer up top and saying carry on attacking was extremely brave. We actually did score and would have won the game but for a farcical disallowed Sol Campbell goal.

Im not Hoddles biggest fan but to say he is a rubbish coach is a bit extravegant

Its widely regarded that his actions as England manager when Beckham got sent off against Argentina to be one of the finest bits of coaching under pressure. Keeping Owen and Shearer up top and saying carry on attacking was extremely brave. We actually did score and would have won the game but for a farcical disallowed Sol Campbell goal.

I call him a rubbish coach because of his track record at coaching / managing football teams.

He hasn't exactly set the world alight has he?

strange bloke but when he was here I was more optimistic about the future than any manager since.

Heard interview with him this week when he said that he does not see himself ever returning to club management. When this project is up and running he would like to combine it with part-time management of a national team.

strange bloke but when he was here I was more optimistic about the future than any manager since.

Heard interview with him this week when he said that he does not see himself ever returning to club management. When this project is up and running he would like to combine it with part-time management of a national team.

Probably with a part time international team like Luxembourg.