The return of SCW?

dubai_phil

Ah a good way to start a Sunday morning with some pleasant speculation and no doubt a thread full of argument.

SCW's position with the BOA is under threat as they fail to find the funds for his Sports Science Programmes. He could potentially quit and be looking for a new challenge....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/olympics/3180457/Clive-Woodward-set-to-quit-London-2012-role-due-to-lack-of-funding-Olympics.html

Of course we can't afford to pay him any salary, but maybe the ego and unfinished business angle could work.

SCW as DoF part 2.......

Discuss

Ah a good way to start a Sunday morning with some pleasant speculation and no doubt a thread full of argument.

SCW's position with the BOA is under threat as they fail to find the funds for his Sports Science Programmes. He could potentially quit and be looking for a new challenge....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/olympics/3180457/Clive-Woodward-set-to-quit-London-2012-role-due-to-lack-of-funding-Olympics.html

Of course we can't afford to pay him any salary, but maybe the ego and unfinished business angle could work.

SCW as DoF part 2.......

Discuss

We already have a DoF ;)

What I love about the importation of the D0F role from Europe, and shunting the manager down to 'coach', is that we bring in the IDEA but graft on an English disease.

Official 'laughing stock' award winners Tottenham and Newcastle both managed to bring in layers of questionable DoF and other bureaucratic bobbins - and managed to buy players the 'coach' couldn't make head or tails of, and sell the best ones.

Ramos's baffled expression (and he's supposedly used to it!) and Keegan's apoplectic rage speak volumes.

And it's all done with that national characteristic - the failure of anyone to talk to anyone else!

Result: pure comedy.

If the fans would have kept an open mind first time around then things may be very different now.

Clive would not come back a second time as he is not that stupid. For the ignorant amongst you then I suggest you read his book 'winning' and you may realise what this guy 'could' have offered us.

If the fans would have kept an open mind first time around then things may be very different now.

Clive would not come back a second time as he is not that stupid. For the ignorant amongst you then I suggest you read his book 'winning' and you may realise what this guy 'could' have offered us.

Don't be daft, we're fans, we know everything ;-)

"If the fans would have kept an open mind first time around then things may be very different now.

Clive would not come back a second time as he is not that stupid. For the ignorant amongst you then I suggest you read his book 'winning' and you may realise what this guy 'could' have offered us."

A deluded sense of their own superiority I presume, cheers for the book recommendation though, I'll read it after I've finished 'bouncing back'

so good football clubs are queing up for him ?

sorry forgot Rupert knows best , hope sir alex is reading this

I wouldn't mind seeing him back as at the time he seemed to bring in a couple of good ideas. Not sure where you'd fit him in other then a possible consultancy role.

Changing

normal lockers for hand made beech ones at staplewood.......would prepare the players for training

Fish Tanks ....................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

what else did he do?

SCW as DoF part 2.......

Discuss

Make no bones about it - Lowe has every intention of bring SCW back. He seriously will not take the fact he has been wrong, continues to be wrong and will try and prove he was a genious.

Well Lowe SCW is as big a joke as Clifford and JP. Sorry but Lowe does not understand one simple fact...

He is incompetant, lacks any confidence from all but Scooby, and will continue to destroy this club whilst being allowed to continue. Lowe is simply... ARROGANT AND STUPID. HE DOES NOT repeat NOT give a stuff for Southampton FC only his failed business reputation. He is a failure (proven) and continues to be one. Until he leaves this club for good we shall continue to be a laughing stock.

Its time to get Lowe and Wilde OUT of this club. Time for a revolution.

Changing

normal lockers for hand made beech ones at staplewood.......would prepare the players for training

Fish Tanks ....................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

what else did he do?

Piped Dolhpin calls.

The question is: would the re-initiation of our revolutionary approach a la SCW work in tandem with the revolutionary Dutch total football philosophy we currently find ourselves implementing? Does joining 2 revolutionary concepts together give us twice the revolutionary impact or would they cancel each other out?

The question is: would the re-initiation of our revolutionary approach a la SCW work in tandem with the revolutionary Dutch total football philosophy we currently find ourselves implementing? Does joining 2 revolutionary concepts together give us twice the revolutionary impact or would they cancel each other out?

Why just stop at two revolutinary concepts when we could combine Sports Science, Total Football and Football First.

I imagine it would have the same effect as joining together two black holes :shock:

"If the fans would have kept an open mind first time around then things may be very different now.

Clive would not come back a second time as he is not that stupid. For the ignorant amongst you then I suggest you read his book 'winning' and you may realise what this guy 'could' have offered us."

A deluded sense of their own superiority I presume, cheers for the book recommendation though, I'll read it after I've finished 'bouncing back'

That'll be why the Olympic games folks are so keen to finance His sports science during the run up to the next Olympic Games, when as host nation we want to do our utmost to excel, is it?

Methinks they've seen how thin the thread is in his suit of clothes.

Maybe he's been trying to tell the cyclists and rowers how it should be done!

A wasted opportunity when he was here. With the team fading fast if you were manager would you knock on his door and ask for advice? What was there to lose apart from our Prem status and Harry's ego?

I just find it odd that we are so quick to knock down anyone who has any success, I mean it is not as if this club has not needed some of that over the last how many years???

I suspect that he still suffers from his association with Lowe. If he had been a part of the Wilde Bunch I wonder if his arrival would have been greeted differntly by those who think that his methods can't be transferred to other sports?

We went down the shoot not because of Woodward but because certain people were too arrogant to let him near the first team. Maybe he would have made a differnce, maybe not, but could he done any worse than Arry?

Still, not to worry, he won't be back, nor will anyone of note after the way they get treated by a large percentage of our fans.

A wasted opportunity when he was here. With the team fading fast if you were manager would you knock on his door and ask for advice? What was there to lose apart from our Prem status and Harry's ego?

I just find it odd that we are so quick to knock down anyone who has any success, I mean it is not as if this club has not needed some of that over the last how many years???

I suspect that he still suffers from his association with Lowe. If he had been a part of the Wilde Bunch I wonder if his arrival would have been greeted differntly by those who think that his methods can't be transferred to other sports?

We went down the shoot not because of Woodward but because certain people were too arrogant to let him near the first team. Maybe he would have made a differnce, maybe not, but could he done any worse than Arry?

Still, not to worry, he won't be back, nor will anyone of note after the way they get treated by a large percentage of our fans.

So we all had a vote and told him to go?

And since I don't recall his ever been in the dugout, how would he know how 'we' felt? A few messageboard moans?

nor will anyone of note after the way they get treated by a large percentage of our fans.

Coffee over the monitor time.

Us big, bad, naughty fans have scared anyone of note away from our Club.

We are really naughty and must stop this. We have made people cry and they are sad.

Glad you haven't forked out a fiver, because some of your drivel is worse than Scoobys!!!!!!!!!!