iPhone

thesaint sfc

most of the time apps and things on the iphone are really fluent. Occasionally though for instance in facebook, if I refresh my messages by dragging to the top - it takes ages for them to refresh. Do you think that its just poor programming that you get these niggly issues? Seems a real shame that some of the apps have these issues - as otherwise the phone really is perfect! Pingchat is a terrible app - crashes just about every time I use it. Whatsapp seems to be much better designed and flows much better.

I'm not sure but now you come to mention it, i've got an iPod Touch 4G and noticed that the latest version of Facebook is much much worse than previous versions. I find i am 99% of the time unable to view comments and the same as you, get hangs whilst refreshing statuses. Wish I could go back to the previous version as that worked flawlessly.

Don't know whats up with your Pingchat though because mine is fine.

I've noticed that Facebook has been generally sluggish all round over the last few weeks (on a standard PC internet browser as well as the iPhone app).

So I think it's more to do with Facebook server(s) rather than the client app on the iPhone or the iPhone OS

most of the time apps and things on the iphone are really fluent. Occasionally though for instance in facebook, if I refresh my messages by dragging to the top - it takes ages for them to refresh. Do you think that its just poor programming that you get these niggly issues? Seems a real shame that some of the apps have these issues - as otherwise the phone really is perfect! Pingchat is a terrible app - crashes just about every time I use it. Whatsapp seems to be much better designed and flows much better.

Do you use cydia apps?

Thanks for the reply. I bought an iphone 4 in the end though it is currently locked to 3 and I am waiting for the unlock (hopefully in the next couple of weeks.) Yes definitely jailbreak and get cydia. Hundreds of apps and tweaks which makes the phone about a million times better (and you can get all paid apps for free though I'm not condoning that obviously. :) ). If you need any info then feel free to drop me a PM.

Thanks for the reply. I bought an iphone 4 in the end though it is currently locked to 3 and I am waiting for the unlock (hopefully in the next couple of weeks.) Yes definitely jailbreak and get cydia. Hundreds of apps and tweaks which makes the phone about a million times better (and you can get all paid apps for free though I'm not condoning that obviously. :) ). If you need any info then feel free to drop me a PM.

Um... you support jailbreaking...but you're waiting for 3 to unlock it. Am I the only one that sees a flaw in this...

...just jailbreak the damn thing and unlock it yourself!

Um... you support jailbreaking...but you're waiting for 3 to unlock it. Am I the only one that sees a flaw in this...

...just jailbreak the damn thing and unlock it yourself!

You misunderstand my post. I bought the iphone from a shop which I have jailbroken but the firmware is 4.1 so the baseband cannot be unlocked with ultrasn0w yet (see @musclenerd on twitter). I am using it quite happily alongside my old phone at the moment but I can't even pay three to unlock it because the iphone is second hand (though like new) and the original owner still has a contract with them.

• 3 weeks later...
You misunderstand my post. I bought the iphone from a shop which I have jailbroken but the firmware is 4.1 so the baseband cannot be unlocked with ultrasn0w yet (see @musclenerd on twitter). I am using it quite happily alongside my old phone at the moment but I can't even pay three to unlock it because the iphone is second hand (though like new) and the original owner still has a contract with them.

I work for three you can get it unlocked by three if you get him to ring up 333 and ask them to unlock it will cost 20 pounds take about 2-3 weeks