Euell returns

chivvy1664

Southampton midfielder Jason Euell has returned to first-team training for months ahead of schedule after recovering from a shoulder injury.

But where would the mule fit into our new formation?

That's good news as I saw him get injured at the reserves match and it did look nasty so I am happy that he is back and hopefully he will fit back into the team and hopefully will be even stronger than he was lol! ;)

Dont think he is in full training as any contact is still a worry. I think he is back in full fitness training and ball work but it may still be a while before he will be looking to get on the team sheet.

Somewhere central midfield is my guess on where he will end up. maybe in the hole with Lallana going wide?

People are quick to write him off here but he did have a good end to the season and his pre-season wasn't all that bad either.

I thought he really shone after Nigel Pearson shook the squad up, giving them more self belief. I thought that he was one of the players that kept us up with his individual performances. I like him.

Was it the Plymouth game when he was subbed and went off with the W*****r chants from the Northam End ringing in his ear though? Scapegoating IMHO.

From the OS:

"...a group of players with individual talent but lacking in confidence and cohesion in the wake of their FA Cup exit at Bristol Rovers.

The stench of that particular failure hung heavy over the ground. So deep was the hurt that fans still felt the need to vent their anger and frustration, either vocally or by their absence (17,806)...."

I hope people give him the luxury of a few games to settle back in this time, as they have done with the youngsters and Jan.

He has the experience and knowledge of the game, to lead this team in my opinion. I just wish we could play a team with that balance throughout, i.e. use Rudi too.

Cant help thinking of him as a striker.

I'd like to see him tried there as well - Prefer John as our #1 but if we are playing two then one of john/Euell starting with one of the nippers (Mcgoldrick / Lallana)

I hope people give him the luxury of a few games to settle back in this time, as they have done with the youngsters and Jan.

He has the experience and knowledge of the game, to lead this team in my opinion. I just wish we could play a team with that balance throughout, i.e. use Rudi too.

Two very important statements for success IMO

Edited by Saint Bones