what's the news on killer

1976_Child

back to the original thread, Killer is obviously still fighting to play.

Why the cheap jibes, its a disgrace as he has shown more bottle than any footballer that has palyed for us in generations.Instead of the cheap cracks show some respect.

back to the original thread, Killer is obviously still fighting to play.

Why the cheap jibes, its a disgrace as he has shown more bottle than any footballer that has palyed for us in generations.Instead of the cheap cracks show some respect.

I think most people can see what he has done / is doing for the benefit of the club.

However I think that while we applaud his fighting spirit most of us wouldn't mind if he threw the towel in now before he cripples himself for life.

I think most people can see what he has done / is doing for the benefit of the club.

However I think that while we applaud his fighting spirit most of us wouldn't mind if he threw the towel in now before he cripples himself for life.

That is fine but the jibes are tasteless IMO. No doubt it is done in mirth but again it is wrong and those that try and get political points from it should think again

do you really think he has done it for the club ? or for personal financial motives ?

do you really think he has done it for the club ? or for personal financial motives ?
Snowballs you are above that I thought.He obviously is doing it for himself but he also has done it to try and repay the fans and club.

He could easily have taken a fantastic insurance payout like a lot of the others have recently.

If it was anyone else I think I would be with you on that one.....

I think for sure their is some selfishness involved, but I would say it is more to do with his competitive spirit and the 'need' to play / compete.

I would like to think just like Claus, that Killer has made more than enough to live comfortably for life, and while he is doing what he is to achieve personal goals, the achievement of those will help the club.

I'm sure there must be one or two out there who aren't mercenaries....

Whilst I would agree with you on this surely it is up to the player to decide on playing or retiring.

You're joking right?

Are you saying people would prefer it if Killer ignored his injury worries and continued playing - probably at a lot less than 100% fit - and potentially left himself unable to walk in later life.

Crazy people everywhere.

No you've lost me there??? you said you and alot of others wouldn't mind if he chucked it in. I said i would mind if he was forced to retire which imo would be a sad day for Saints. I have no idea if he will be unable to walk again if he continues playing as i'm not a doctor/surgeon.

No you've lost me there??? you said you and alot of others wouldn't mind if he chucked it in. I said i would mind if he was forced to retire which imo would be a sad day for Saints. I have no idea if he will be unable to walk again if he continues playing as i'm not a doctor/surgeon.

Surely if HE decides to throw the towel in that would be HIS decision to stop playing.

Not sure where being forced to retire comes into it....

He has gone to Italy (which, I believe to be self funded). It transpires his knee joint is, in laymans terms, "dry", and the italian people , effectively, have injected fluid to the joint. Apparently, his medical people have advised that this should be expected, and everything with the old injury is fine. He shouldn't need to go abroad for this in the future (it is likely to crop up again). In answer to a previous point, of course he feels a certain loyalty to the saints and he is chuffed to have got a contract but his main priorities are to play football and to pay the bills.

He has gone to Italy (which, I believe to be self funded). It transpires his knee joint is, in laymans terms, "dry", and the italian people , effectively, have injected fluid to the joint. Apparently, his medical people have advised that this should be expected, and everything with the old injury is fine. He shouldn't need to go abroad for this in the future (it is likely to crop up again). In answer to a previous point, of course he feels a certain loyalty to the saints and he is chuffed to have got a contract but his main priorities are to play football and to pay the bills.

Thanks for that, can't see why the OS didn't think to post something like that, would have saved a few hours of pointless speculation.

Good to see the experts "expect this" and let's hope he's back and earning his pay as play money PDQ.