Website builder and hosting advice

hamster

Recently purchased a domain name and I am interested in designing the site myself to start off.

Any freeware products would be appreciated and as it's not going to be too busy; just general info about the services offered, a few endorsements and most importantly contact details.

Re hosting, again I'd like to play around as much as poss but atm limited by funds so any recomendations would be appreciated please.

At some point in the future (I hope) I would be keen to optimise the search potential but again I don't want to run before I can walk so will be relying on giving out the site address to 'customers' direct.

cheers v much in anticipation.

h

cheesr stevo but I have bought my domain and need an easy company to host it.

It's not an all singing, dancing site that I need just one that I can update the content myself containing some basic company info and most importantly a user friendly 'contact us' interface. I won't for the foreseeable future need (nor want tbh) search engine optimisation as I will be targetting customers directly (mail-shots and direct contact), I wnat a site that people can quickly navigate to once they are considering using my services to find out a bit more about my company and the services I can offer.

One other thing that I really do need to do is purchase a couple of other domain names (.org, .com etc and direct the traffic automativ=cally from those site to the main one.

cheers

h