Netbook advice

hypochondriac

I got a Samsung NC10 just over a year ago. Nice bit of kit with a long battery life. Obviously there is no CD-ROM, which is a little annoying at times so much so I bought an external drive to load up CDs etc. The screen is excellent and there is just enough umph for me.

The one problem with the NC10 is the they have an issue with the LCD cable breaking after a while (9 months in my case) this causes the screen to go white and you have to reposition the screen angle for it to go away. I sent mine back to be fixed. Samsung offer a very good service where a company comes and collects it free of charge from wherever you want and returns it. This took about 5 days. Unfortunately the same thing happened after 14 months. Despite being out of the 12 month warrenty they repaired it no questions asked for free. I was up front about it being 14 months (they must have known anyway) but it was not an issue. This time it took just 2 days. Brilliant customer care. Shame about the fault in the first place. It is a regular problem as I did a Google search atthe time and lots of people with the same issue. Newer versions perhaps have been improved.

All in all happy, but if they had charged me for secnd fix it would be a very different post I can tell you.