Rudi - Where are you?

BridgnorthSaint

I'm not sure that's legal, not on permanent deals.Must be against football league regulations . We'd have had to dob them cash or let him go for less than 600K. Perhaps he just didn't fancy Ipswich, you can make up any excuse you like for not going to a place.

See mine above. Also Chelsea paid a big part of Le Saux's wages when he was with us.

I can't believe there isn't a way to get it to work.

For instance we could have come to an agreement with Rudi to pay up half of his remaining two years and then get him to sign a deal with Ipswich for two years on half the money we were paying him, and he'd be none the worse off.

Of course, as you say he has to agree to the move, but I understand he just wants away (after being told he could go), but he's not prepared to lose money as a result of walking.

Maybe someone can broker a compromise deal at some point (or else he just becomes our own Winston Bogarde!!!).

It's nonsensical that Skacel isn't playing.

1. He's our best player.

2. He's a player that will up the gates.

The only player that could up the gates is if MLT came out of retirement, other than that the only other way gates would increase is if we put a decent run together and moved into the play off places.

The only player that could up the gates is if MLT came out of retirement, other than that the only other way gates would increase is if we put a decent run together and moved into the play off places.

You are primarily correct, but in these times of the clubs low eb i believe Skacel is the one potential ray of light. I know he's not done it at Saints, but you can tell he's a good player. He's a bit like a Stan Collymore perhaps who worked well under Barry Fry (Southend) and Cloughie (Forest) but failed under other managers. If Portvliet cannot get the best out of him then that Portvliets failure as a manager.

I'm only at the bottom level of management myself, but i believe the people under me are a reflection of me - if they're not performing i'm not performing.

You are primarily correct, but in these times of the clubs low eb i believe Skacel is the one potential ray of light. I know he's not done it at Saints, but you can tell he's a good player. He's a bit like a Stan Collymore perhaps who worked well under Barry Fry (Southend) and Cloughie (Forest) but failed under other managers. If Portvliet cannot get the best out of him then that Portvliets failure as a manager.

I'm only at the bottom level of management myself, but i believe the people under me are a reflection of me - if they're not performing i'm not performing.

he wanted out long before Jan arrived

If Portvliet cannot get the best out of him then that Portvliets failure as a manager.

In all fairness to JP, if Rudi really is playing the c nut, then I doubt if any manager could get the best out of him.

I have no idea if Rudi is playing games or not, but I think we should hold back from slating JP on this one until we get a clearer picture of who the real villain is.

In all fairness to JP, if Rudi really is playing the c nut, then I doubt if any manager could get the best out of him.

I have no idea if Rudi is playing games or not, but I think we should hold back from slating JP on this one until we get a clearer picture of who the real villain is.

Personally I don't think it is Jan I think there is a financial element involved here.

Still no Skacel....

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10738

"The reserves will be looking to continue their run of good form at Aldershot Town on Tuesday afternoon. Kick off 2pm at the EBB Stadium.

It's game five of the totesport.com Combination division for Mark Wotte's side who have won three games in a row.

Last time out they took part in a five goal thriller which a youthful Saints team ran out 3-2 winners against QPR at Loftus Road.

Aldershot's one win in the league so far this term came against Charlton with a 2-0 success. Player/coach Ricky Newman currently takes control of the Shots' second string.

For Saints, new signing Ryan Smith features again after playing a strong role in last week's victory. The squad maintains a youthful look to it, as many of those involved played a key role in the Academy's success over Chelsea on Saturday.

Saints Reserves: Tommy Forecast, Andrej Pernecky, Jamie Hatch, Jeffrey Imudia, Kyle Davies, Ben Reeves, Ryan Tafazolli, Callum McNish, Jake Thomson, Oscar Gobern, Tom Dunford, Matt Paterson, Jamie White, Ryan Smith, Sam Argent, Kayne McLaggon, Tony Garrod."