Rudi - Where are you?

BridgnorthSaint

At the bottom of the OS report about Gasmi ( Link below) it states that Rudi Skacel is 'back in training again'

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10717

What has been going on with him?

Why haven't they been playing him?

If he has been injured what has been wrong?

Does anyone know? Is it likely that he will play for us again? Surely if he doesn't play he will be next to worthless on the transfer market!

At the bottom of the OS report about Gasmi ( Link below) it states that Rudi Skacel is 'back in training again'

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10717

What has been going on with him?

Why haven't they been playing him?

If he has been injured what has been wrong?

Does anyone know? Is it likely that he will play for us again? Surely if he doesn't play he will be next to worthless on the transfer market!

Indeed. The OS keep 'burying' snippets of "Skacel's Back" news in other articles but never report why he's been out in the first place.

It's either questionable journalism or someone's trying to conceal what's going on....

It read to me like he was back training with the first team i.e. that he is now available for selection having previously not been (Jan said as much at the fans forum.)

He was on the 1st team bench against Norwich a couple of weeks ago....perhaps he got a nasty splinter?

I know but he didn't play.

Aye, but (I think) you were suggesting that it might be a simple case of him only just being ready for selection, which made me think: "why select him 2 weeks ago if he wasn't fit (mentally or physically)?". Whether he actually came off the bench or not doesn't alter the fact he was selected in the first place.

(Feel free to rearrange the above waffle into something that makes sense!)

Aye, but (I think) you were suggesting that it might be a simple case of him only just being ready for selection, which made me think: "why select him 2 weeks ago if he wasn't fit (mentally or physically)?". Whether he actually came off the bench or not doesn't alter the fact he was selected in the first place.

(Feel free to rearrange the above waffle into something that makes sense!)

Of course he could have not played football for about 4 months and as such is not match fit but could come off the bench for 15 minutes or so. Against Norwich it could be that JP didn't want to take a risk of changing things, against Coventry who knows.....

One thing is for sure, if we DO get to see him after the International Break we may see the online users on here reach the heady heights of oh what say about 120?

Rudi has thrown his toys out of the pram and is refusing to play LB.

I saw an un-named Saints player in the hair dressers last week and he told me.

JP wants to play Rudi LB and Surman LM, but Rudi is currently refusing to play.

Make of it what you will, straight from the horses mouth.

Or we won't play because of orders from the board in regards of the appearance fee in his contract.

Given that Rudi was happy enough to play last season at LB, on loan at Hertha and has indeed played there for large parts of his career, I am inclined to think that's bull. Only MHO of course.

Given that Rudi was happy enough to play last season at LB, on loan at Hertha and has indeed played there for large parts of his career, I am inclined to think that's bull. Only MHO of course.

I think he started out in midfield at Hertha and moved back to LB for the last few games. I have no idea as to whether there is any accuracy in BDM's

hot gossip, wouldn't surprise me though.I have no idea whatsoever as to the true nature of the character of Skacel, I think he had a reputation of being a bit petulant at Marseille though.Dogman of Bassett isn't exactly a regular in the bullsh*tting stakes though is he.

I think he started out in midfield at Hertha and moved back to LB for the last few games. I have no idea as to whether there is any accuracy in BDM's

hot gossip, wouldn't surprise me though.I have no idea whatsoever as to the true nature of the character of Skacel, I think he had a reputation of being a bit petulant at Marseille though.Dogman of Bassett isn't exactly a regular in the bullsh*tting stakes though is he.

Can't say I blame him - He has hardly been given a chance to play in his proper position since he arrived at SMS

My theory is that he is being punished for refusing to be shipped out during the summer as this would have meant a pay cut.

What i don't understand is the continuing view amongst some that he will be a saviour of some sort - i was generally mightily unimpressed when i saw him playing for us.

If you're holding all the winning cards you might as well them I guess...

Not really sure what you're getting at there.

What I am saying is that there is no way a man who has played most of his career at LB is refusing to play at LB. Especially if he really is on a £4k per match appearance fee.

I refuse to believe this as he had no problem playing left back previously on numerous occasions but if he does refuse to play then surely we can refuse to pay him. I doubt he would turn down an appearance fee either.

Regardless of which 'Rudi Rumours' (if any) are true, the bottom line is that the club could have communicated the ongoing situation better. Instead, they 'bury' snippets of info in semi-related articles and, for whatever reason, they have chosen not to make things 100% clear.

There could be a 'hidden' reason for this or it could simply be sloppy inhouse journalism.

couldnt believe that he wasnt even on the bench for the coventry game. He, imo is suited to this new formation, he played in a similar position with Hearts and did very well.

Therein lies the inconsistencies in the OS reporting of his situation. Two weeks ago we get a: "Rudi's back (without saying with any clarity why he'd been away in the first place) and he's on the bench for Norwich" and then next game....not a sausage....and then yesterday we get another: "Rudi's now back and ready for selection" tucked away in an article about another player.

So, what happened between Norwich and Coventry and 'Now' to make him go from "Ready" to "not ready" to "Ready again"? It could be that he "picked up a knock in training" but why not tell us that? (like they would for any other player).

Perhaps I'm missing something (like a cohesive thought process for example) but something's evidently 'not as it seems'....

I refuse to believe this as he had no problem playing left back previously on numerous occasions but if he does refuse to play then surely we can refuse to pay him. I doubt he would turn down an appearance fee either.

Believe what you want, I am only repeating a conversation I had with a current first team player. Rudi has always had a problem playing LB, he just got on with it before as he believed it was only temporary. He wanted to leave SFC, of that there is no doubt. It didn't work out, and when JP told him he wanted him LB for the season the toys left the pram. The fact Rudi has not been involved (fitness/injury aside) apart from an appearance on the bench, to me speaks volumes.

The player also commented that however well we are doing (sic) come January, there will be a huge knock-back to the team as Lowe is most definitely selling Lalana & Surman.

On the positive side of things he did not believe we would be relegated, although it will be "mighty close".

Believe what you want, I am only repeating a conversation I had with a current first team player. Rudi has always had a problem playing LB, he just got on with it before as he believed it was only temporary. He wanted to leave SFC, of that there is no doubt. It didn't work out, and when JP told him he wanted him LB for the season the toys left the pram. The fact Rudi has not been involved (fitness/injury aside) apart from an appearance on the bench, to me speaks volumes.

The player also commented that however well we are doing (sic) come January, there will be a huge knock-back to the team as Lowe is most definitely selling Lalana & Surman.

On the positive side of things he did not believe we would be relegated, although it will be "mighty close".

Funny that because, as I quoted on the Lallana thread, he and his agent are unaware he is being lined up to be sold. Cannot see where another player in the dressing room would know more than the player himself. As I have said on another thread the players are unaware of the boardroom politics. Are you sure it was not an opinion expressed?

I spoke to Drew's father when the Reading interest came up. Initially he was unaware but it sems Reading did make contact with the club but they did not pass it on to Drew, he found out from another source.

There is a worry that the club may need to sell both players but they want to stay here this season (at least) They are only interested in playing for Saints and are REAL Saints supporters but because of that if the club say they need to go for the good of the club future they will, reluctantly. That is the message I am getting from several good and trusted sources.

As for Rudi I am unaware of the situation. Andrew Cowan has stated that he is not being stopped from playing because of appearance money. I suspect your contacts assumption that it is because he will not play left back is a fair one.

My own suspicion is that they told him to move on, he did not because of his wage demands and Lowe has made sure he has been frozen out until he realises he needs to find a contract elsewhere at a salary another club are prepared to pay. I stress it is my opinion and not based on any information I have received.

"Rudi dudi doo where are you, we've got some work to do now"

................getting coat

lol i just thought of that too when i saw thread title

I emailed Lowe 2 weeks ago asking where he was but he didn't reply :(

he is our best option at left back

As for Rudi I am unaware of the situation. Andrew Cowan has stated that he is not being stopped from playing because of appearance money. I suspect your contacts assumption that it is because he will not play left back is a fair one.

My own suspicion is that they told him to move on, he did not because of his wage demands and Lowe has made sure he has been frozen out until he realises he needs to find a contract elsewhere at a salary another club are prepared to pay. I stress it is my opinion and not based on any information I have received.

Which sort of implies that his inclusion on the bench for the Norwich game was Lowe 'playing with his mind' to make him think he was back in favour when in fact he wasn't/isn't.

If there's any smidgen of truth in my reading-between-the-lines there then it's worrying to think that one of our substitute places was taken up by a player purely for a points scoring exercise.

As I say, that could be (probably is) a b0ll0x interpretation of events but one can't rule it out on the 'facts' available either....

Which sort of implies that his inclusion on the bench for the Norwich game was Lowe 'playing with his mind' to make him think he was back in favour when in fact he wasn't/isn't.

If there's any smidgen of truth in my reading-between-the-lines there then it's worrying to think that one of our substitute places was taken up by a player purely for a points scoring exercise.

As I say, that could be (probably is) a b0ll0x interpretation of events but one can't rule it out on the 'facts' available either....

Or which is more likely, we were down to the bare bones cover wise, so I was told on the night.

It's nonsensical that Skacel isn't playing.

1. He's our best player.

2. He's a player that will up the gates.

is he and will he? I'm far from convinced he is a better player than Lallana and I doubt there is a single supporter that is currently not going to games that will see that he is starting in the next game and thinks `I wasn't going to go, but I will now'.

Funny how good these players get when they are out of the side. Give it another few months and we'll be keeping `a MLT' out of the side.

is he and will he? I'm far from convinced he is a better player than Lallana and I doubt there is a single supporter that is currently not going to games that will see that he is starting in the next game and thinks `I wasn't going to go, but I will now'.

Funny how good these players get when they are out of the side. Give it another few months and we'll be keeping `a MLT' out of the side.

Anyway according to some of our co-forumistes our best player is always among the ones who aren't playing.Doesn't matter who isn't playing and for what reason, the best player is always amongst them.

Anyway according to some of our co-forumistes our best player is always among the ones who aren't playing.Doesn't matter who isn't playing and for what reason, the best player is always amongst them.

The scientific community call this "Burley's Law".

Funny that because, as I quoted on the Lallana thread, he and his agent are unaware he is being lined up to be sold. Cannot see where another player in the dressing room would know more than the player himself. As I have said on another thread the players are unaware of the boardroom politics. Are you sure it was not an opinion expressed?

I spoke to Drew's father when the Reading interest came up. Initially he was unaware but it sems Reading did make contact with the club but they did not pass it on to Drew, he found out from another source.

There is a worry that the club may need to sell both players but they want to stay here this season (at least) They are only interested in playing for Saints and are REAL Saints supporters but because of that if the club say they need to go for the good of the club future they will, reluctantly. That is the message I am getting from several good and trusted sources.

Surman's girlfriend is pregnant and she's due in January. I cannot see him wanting to move away from the club or the area with that going on. I fully expect him to be here until the summer at least. I suppose it's feasible he would consider a move to Reading or a London club in January, but I can only see it being done reluctantly.

Surman's girlfriend is pregnant and she's due in January. I cannot see him wanting to move away from the club or the area with that going on. I fully expect him to be here until the summer at least. I suppose it's feasible he would consider a move to Reading or a London club in January, but I can only see it being done reluctantly.

Isn't that what I said!!!

Would this not give the club the right to put him through a disciplinary process and, ultimately fire him without compensation for gross misconduct or whatever? Or does it work differently if the employee is on a fixed term contract?

Would this not give the club the right to put him through a disciplinary process and, ultimately fire him without compensation for gross misconduct or whatever? Or does it work differently if the employee is on a fixed term contract?

No doubt, but football isn't like many jobs.

If you play someone against his will at a position and he fooks up big time and says "see, told you I wasn't a Left Back", I don't think you'd have any recourse.

Players throwing wobblies isn't exactly unknown in football.

Didn't we miss a trick on Rudi when Ipswich came knocking?????

He must be costing us something like £600,000 for doing nothing.

Surely it would have been better to have subbed half of his wages and had him only costing us £300k????? The only downside being one of our rivals gain a decent player (with a poor attitude mind) for an average salary.

Surely it would have been better to have subbed half of his wages and had him only costing us £300k????? The only downside being one of our rivals gain a decent player (with a poor attitude mind) for an average salary.

I thought exactly the same at the time. We did that with Quashie when he went to WBA.

I'm not sure that's legal, not on permanent deals.Must be against football league regulations . We'd have had to dob them cash or let him go for less than 600K. Perhaps he just didn't fancy Ipswich, you can make up any excuse you like for not going to a place.