Getting Logged Out In Windows 7

stthrobber

This is a weird but annoying problem that doesn't appear to be uncommon, yet I haven't managed to find a solution as yet.

I keep getting logged out of my websites where I am supposed to stay logged in, that includes this site and all the other forums that I visit, Gmail, hotmail etc and they all get logged out at the same time.

I'm using Windows 7 and can't now remember if I had the same problem with Vista, but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has suffered with this

Sounds like a browser problem rather than a problem with your operating system. What browser are you using? (internet explorer, firefox etc)

Thinking about it briefly it sounds like you might have cookies disabled, so your browser isn't remembering weather or not to keep you 'logged in' when you browse from page to page.

I use IE8. I just can't remember if it used to do it before when I had Vista installed.

I can look at my home page one minute and then if I navigate away, then back I'm logged out of all of the sites I have to log in to. I know it's not a huge problem to log back in, but it's a bloody nuisance

Cookies are enabled, sometimes I can go for days and it won't happen, then in the past 2 days, it's happened 3 times. Very odd

I find going to Internet Explorer, Clicking the Tools menu, select Internet Options, Select the Privacy Tab, Click Advanced and then tick Override automatic cookie handling and Always allow session cookies

Should cure it! It did for me anyways!

I find going to Internet Explorer, Clicking the Tools menu, select Internet Options, Select the Privacy Tab, Click Advanced and then tick Override automatic cookie handling and Always allow session cookies

Should cure it! It did for me anyways!

I already have both of those options ticked and it still happens. I tried Google Chrome for a few days but didn't like it. I might go back and try Safari again