BT Homehub

saintwiz

I have got BTHomeHub, it works fine. Have you pushed the little tiny button on the right hand side to reset it? You need to stick a pin or somthing in there. After you done that let it load and if it still dont work make sure all your wirers are plugged in. If this still don't work I know that BT if you phone them for like 30mins they tell you to do somthing on your computer which means they take control of it for a while and sometimes they can fix that.

Hope i helped :D

Saintwiz, where do you live? I'm pretty experienced with these sort of things and would be happy to quickly check you've done it all properly and the issue lies bt's end. Im heading into southampton way this evening about 6pm, let me know by PM

Saintwiz, where do you live? I'm pretty experienced with these sort of things and would be happy to quickly check you've done it all properly and the issue lies bt's end. Im heading into southampton way this evening about 6pm, let me know by PM

Hook Norton, near Banbury!!

Thanks anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
does this happen after you've been streaming either iplayer or 4od or something on the device? happens to me too

Rarely does that, but if I download an 8GB file off megaupload then I can pretty much guarantee it will do it. It's a pain because I've got a nice netgear router but I like to use the hub phones which BT gave me - I don't have many telephone points in the house.

We had endless troubles for about a year. It kept blocking access from the net at random times of the day. It also wouldn't let my mac connect when all the PCs in the house worked fine. Just randomly started working one day and has been fine for about 6 months now. Might move soon but haven't decided who to yet.

Got a new homehub now. Does EXACTLY the same thing. After downloading an 8GB file it bombs out and won't let me re-connect wirelessly. Going to replace it with my netgear router for a few days. Bloody pain as I use the hub phones so I won't have a landline for a couple of days.

Anything other suggestions?

I guess I could try changing the channel...

If I turn off the DHCP on the BT Home Hub, or delete username and password or something like that it might work I guess. Going to try changing the channel first. Next time it does it the hub is getting thrown out the window though. I should have Assassins Creed: Brotherhood now. Do I? No I don't. Coz of that stupid hub.