foresight

Oz

Or simply Nigel Pearson is working at level now where he can look competent. One defeat where for long periods of the game we seemed to play very well and undone by honest naiveness. We are dodgy at the back but didn't we suffer 5 goal humiliations under Burley and Pearson and have none of the exciting football on display going forward. JP maybe naive but better that than Burley's and Pearson misguided and arrogant self-belief.

The only way we will get relegated this season is if the fans continue to stay away and fail to do their job - support the team!!!! Revenues will fall and we will need to sell players key to our survival and you will all blame Lowe for you forcing his hand and destroying the hopes and dreams of this young hard working and bright team and the loyal supporters who recognise that the foundations are being laid for a brighter future.

One heavy defeat that showed no signs of the utter capitulation shown by experienced 'blood sucking' players in their 5 goal defeats last season and you are all woe is me and Lowe out. If you want to best someone with a stick, beat your mindless whingeing selves of such fortitude and foresight (sic), its boring and unfortunatley your prophecies will be selffulfillling and like most whingers in life when it goes wrong you're look for people to blame rather than you as the source of the problem. GET BEHIND THE TEAM FOR FFS!!!

This season will be a rollercaoster but if we show our support through the gates they can do enough to survice and entertain us along the way whilst growing in experience and delivering the building blocks for better things. Alternatively you can moan your little arses off and hope for a takeover and that someone will save you, are you French? If you are show some ****** like those of us in the resistance.

Joining that 'stay away fans' destroy the club? You should have been a big banker blaming the little investor for moving his money! Think that your resistance reference is a little 'allo allo'

Guest Hacienda
Here you go, trousers.

EDIT: I'm going to take that link out, because I'd posted it as a joke but it turns out it really is him!

If you'd like to PM me the link I'd appreciate it.

Guest Hacienda
I have received a link to flicker and looked at that Chris thing but I am still none the wiser. Could Hacienda or someone just spell things out for me in PM please?

Chris is the poster in post 79 who Scooby, or should I say, Andrew has latched onto.

Scooby, or Andrew, who is the geek in the link sent to you, views this site as performance art so he trolls for responses in the belief that it elevates it into a whole new genre.

I'm sure Roman will PM us with the better link.

Scooby, or Andrew, who is the geek in the link sent to you, views this site as performance art so he trolls for responses in the belief that it elevates it into a whole new genre.

Nah. Can't be true. That would be against forum rules and/or ethics and the mods would have seen through such a ruse yonks ago......

I presume his nickname is Scooby because he looks like ****gy? Although then I guess he'd have ****gy as his nickname....

Speaking of which, he does look a bit like Darren Anderton, think it's the chin. Looks like a boy I was at middle school with as well.

Ah, I can see now that Sh aggy wouldn't be a good nickname on this forum at least, as it fails the word filter.

Bloody hell! We win and we can come midtable and after a loss we are doomed. I was convinced that we would be relegated at the start of the season, but we've played really well in some of our games, and I think there could well be 3 worse teams in this league. Heads up, chins up, each game as it comes, try to play with confidence and just maybe we will come 20th, a HUGE achievement.

The real question isn't as simple as 'who is better, JP or NP?' That is because Lowe has done the right thing in utilising the youngsters, and this is a style very much suited to what Jan wants to do. I can't really imagine Pearson doing much/any better under these conditions, so it is completely pointless lambasting Lowe for his decision IMO.

Bloody hell! We win and we can come midtable and after a loss we are doomed. I was convinced that we would be relegated at the start of the season, but we've played really well in some of our games, and I think there could well be 3 worse teams in this league. Heads up, chins up, each game as it comes, try to play with confidence and just maybe we will come 20th, a HUGE achievement.

The real question isn't as simple as 'who is better, JP or NP?' That is because Lowe has done the right thing in utilising the youngsters, and this is a style very much suited to what Jan wants to do. I can't really imagine Pearson doing much/any better under these conditions, so it is completely pointless lambasting Lowe for his decision IMO.

Had Lowe kept on Pearson, you would be right, he could not be lambasted for it, as Pearson was Crouch's appointee. But having got shot of him and replaced him with an unknown Dutch duo inexperienced in English football, you maintain that he cannot be lambasted if that goes wrong? :rolleyes:

Care to PM me some evidence?

Circumstantial or tangible? I suspect the latter is in short supply given all good trolls are adept at treading that particular fine line. Anyway, even if there was tangible evidence it's better left at the back of the underpants drawer as the entertainment factor is worth the £5 entry fee alone. :)

I'm still struggling to understand this week's Christian name conundrum game, let alone being able to find tangible evidence that someone is trolling....

:)

Had Lowe kept on Pearson, you would be right, he could not be lambasted for it, as Pearson was Crouch's appointee. But having got shot of him and replaced him with an unknown Dutch duo inexperienced in English football, you maintain that he cannot be lambasted if that goes wrong? :rolleyes:

All I was saying was that, given the fact that we have been forced to use our youngsters, we may as well employ a manager who shares this vision, meaning that we can actually have a club with conviction from all fronts, apart from the supporters after every loss it seems. We were always going to be struggling at the bottom of the table this season, whether it was Pearson or JP, but I think its better to be struggling with a manager who wholeheartedly believes in what the club is doing than one who perhaps doesnt. Obviously we do not know if Pearson would have been pleased to take on the challenge with the youth, but we do know that JP is, so lets just get on with it.

Lowe took the only decision he could to use the youth, it took balls to do that, much better decision than it would have been for Crouch to continue to bankrupt us by continuing with the high wage bill. Lowe did things wrong last time around, no doubt, but since he's come back I havent had a problem with what he's done.

All I was saying was that, given the fact that we have been forced to use our youngsters, we may as well employ a manager who shares this vision, meaning that we can actually have a club with conviction from all fronts, apart from the supporters after every loss it seems. We were always going to be struggling at the bottom of the table this season, whether it was Pearson or JP, but I think its better to be struggling with a manager who wholeheartedly believes in what the club is doing than one who perhaps doesnt. Obviously we do not know if Pearson would have been pleased to take on the challenge with the youth, but we do know that JP is, so lets just get on with it.

Lowe took the only decision he could to use the youth, it took balls to do that, much better decision than it would have been for Crouch to continue to bankrupt us by continuing with the high wage bill. Lowe did things wrong last time around, no doubt, but since he's come back I havent had a problem with what he's done.

Whatever you feel about Lowe is fine but it is unfair you blame Crouch for continuing with the high wage bill. When Burley tried to sign Euell (whose wages were and remain astronomical) Crouch refused to sanction the deal. It was only Hone persuading Wiseman that the vote went through and Euell was signed. So a bit rum to lay that at Crouch's door.

You're making a lot of assumptions based on nothing much, aren't you?

We haven't been forced to use our youngsters. We were forced to sell all the higher earners, but the money generated or available through savings could have been utilised to bring in older players, as it was with Perry and Wotton. Admittedly utilising some of the youngsters was a viable option, but the caveat was to use those ready for the step up and it has become apparent that some were not ready to make that jump and are costing us points.

You acknowledge that it isn't clear whether Pearson would have been prepared to take on the challenge of playing the youth, so logically it is useless debating whether he would have had the commitment, shared the vision or believed in what the club was doing, all things that you credit JP with, whilst inferring that Pearson would not share those attributes. Contrary to your assessment and based on my impressions of his time here, I believe him to have several attributes that are seemingly not so pronounced with JP. I reckon that Pearson is a better motivator, more commanding of respect and would have instilled a better fitness regime and work ethic. I also believe that squad discipline would be better too, with a better resultant following of a game plan. But that is just my opinion of a comparison of the two of them

Lowe didn't have just the one path to follow, or else there would have been several other clubs setting this precedent previously, but most have historically gone for a blend of youth and experience, which seems on face value to be the wisest approach.

You're making a lot of assumptions based on nothing much, aren't you?

We haven't been forced to use our youngsters. We were forced to sell all the higher earners, but the money generated or available through savings could have been utilised to bring in older players, as it was with Perry and Wotton. Admittedly utilising some of the youngsters was a viable option, but the caveat was to use those ready for the step up and it has become apparent that some were not ready to make that jump and are costing us points.

You acknowledge that it isn't clear whether Pearson would have been prepared to take on the challenge of playing the youth, so logically it is useless debating whether he would have had the commitment, shared the vision or believed in what the club was doing, all things that you credit JP with, whilst inferring that Pearson would not share those attributes. Contrary to your assessment and based on my impressions of his time here, I believe him to have several attributes that are seemingly not so pronounced with JP. I reckon that Pearson is a better motivator, more commanding of respect and would have instilled a better fitness regime and work ethic. I also believe that squad discipline would be better too, with a better resultant following of a game plan. But that is just my opinion of a comparison of the two of them

Lowe didn't have just the one path to follow, or else there would have been several other clubs setting this precedent previously, but most have historically gone for a blend of youth and experience, which seems on face value to be the wisest approach.

Wes to be fair, we were/are under the cosh and thecwage bill has to be slashed I think we all now agree on that.

To bring in an older pro, it takes signing on fees, relocation fees, hotel fees, schooling for their kids etc etc and of course they would be on at least 2k a week plus add ons, or we already have kids on the payroll earning from 300-1500? pw. at the same time it was geting them into playing league football and bringing them on quicker. Now I get the impression that the whole system is geared up that the kids in future will be acclimatised to playing the same way and so slot into the team seamlessly.They I think train together and also mature quicker as they have to as they are mixing with the older players.

It is something that will not happen overnight and so this season I believe is all about staying up, and then pushing on next season.

I also would suggest steying out of adminsiration is worth 10 points minimum, and how many old players would you need to sign to guarentee that?

Whatever you feel about Lowe is fine but it is unfair you blame Crouch for continuing with the high wage bill. When Burley tried to sign Euell (whose wages were and remain astronomical) Crouch refused to sanction the deal. It was only Hone persuading Wiseman that the vote went through and Euell was signed. So a bit rum to lay that at Crouch's door.

That is interesting, was Wiseman the power breaker in the boardroom?

You acknowledge that it isn't clear whether Pearson would have been prepared to take on the challenge of playing the youth,

Happy to put some meat on the bones on this one.

I managed to grab a few minutes (a couple of othes were involved as well) with Pearson at that Central Hall meeting towardas the end of the season (you know, the one that Sundance couldn't make as he suddenly had an important business meeting up north!!!!).

He was fairly open with the fact that he was aware that next season would see a serious cutbacks on the playing staff and that the youngsters would play a much greater part in the first team.

Happy to put some meat on the bones on this one.

I managed to grab a few minutes (a couple of othes were involved as well) with Pearson at that Central Hall meeting towardas the end of the season (you know, the one that Sundance couldn't make as he suddenly had an important business meeting up north!!!!).

He was fairly open with the fact that he was aware that next season would see a serious cutbacks on the playing staff and that the youngsters would play a much greater part in the first team.

Hence Pearson chose to favour the likes if Idiotkez over Lallana.

Wes, as for being a better motivator I think you mean Boot Boy was a bit of a bully and managed by fear. A tactic that works in the short term and usually by those somewhat uncomfortable in their surroundings. JP I think on balance is far more considered and experienced than you want to give him credit for as a Lowe appointment.

I look forward to reading your reasoned response to NickH's considered and balanced assessment of the situation.

BTW Dumb that inspired meeting where the local press were asked to leave was populated by you and friends and family of those sitting behind the wallpapering table. I was indeed up north along with the other thousands of fans inspired by the thought of listening to Crouch's 'Circle of life'. They were dark days, thankfully Lowe is back to shine his ray of hope minus the selfless McEnemy, Gormless, Hapless and resident Sgt Major.

Hence Pearson chose to favour the likes if Idiotkez over Lallana.

Wes, as for being a better motivator I think you mean Boot Boy was a bit of a bully and managed by fear. A tactic that works in the short term and usually by those somewhat uncomfortable in their surroundings. JP I think on balance is far more considered and experienced than you want to give him credit for as a Lowe appointment.

I look forward to reading your reasoned response to NickH's considered and balanced assessment of the situation.

BTW Dumb that inspired meeting where the local press were asked to leave was populated by you and friends and family of those sitting behind the wallpapering table. I was indeed up north along with the other thousands of fans inspired by the thought of listening to Crouch's 'Circle of life'. They were dark days, thankfully Lowe is back to shine his ray of hope minus the selfless McEnemy, Gormless, Hapless and resident Sgt Major.

You have any evidence whatsoever that NP was a 'bully'? And I'd drop the sneering, bully-ish 'bootboy' tag, if I were you - just in case you don't want to look too foolish. (Might want to consider the childish name-calling with 'McEnemy' etc while you're at it. It makes you sound like a character who never graduated from stealing lunch money in the playground)

I don't particularly see any point in harping on about Pearson's leaving. But it seems a spectacularly myopic interpretation of his time here to deny flat out that he had anything to do with keeping us in this division.

As the old saying about lies, damned lies and statistics goes, to simply quote his win/loss record misses a HUGE point - that the team was in freefall from the last bewildering games under Burley, through the desperate weeks with Dodd/Gorman. It seemed like everyone had simply given up. I remember saying at the time - as did quite a few others - that if Pearson pulls us out of the mire, it would be a hell of an achievement.

Both JP and NP will be measured by their success or lack of it. So let's get to the end of the season and see who was right. To jump in now with your 'ray of light' nonsense is both predictable and feeble.

As a judge in this particular talent contest, you do seem somewhat comically to believe that you can decide the winner in the first auditions.

You have any evidence whatsoever that NP was a 'bully'? And I'd drop the sneering, bully-ish 'bootboy' tag, if I were you - just in case you don't want to look too foolish. (Might want to consider the childish name-calling with 'McEnemy' etc while you're at it. It makes you sound like a character who never graduated from stealing lunch money in the playground)

I don't particularly see any point in harping on about Pearson's leaving. But it seems a spectacularly myopic interpretation of his time here to deny flat out that he had anything to do with keeping us in this division.

As the old saying about lies, damned lies and statistics goes, to simply quote his win/loss record misses a HUGE point - that the team was in freefall from the last bewildering games under Burley, through the desperate weeks with Dodd/Gorman. It seemed like everyone had simply given up. I remember saying at the time - as did quite a few others - that if Pearson pulls us out of the mire, it would be a hell of an achievement.

Both JP and NP will be measured by their success or lack of it. So let's get to the end of the season and see who was right. To jump in now with your 'ray of light' nonsense is both predictable and feeble.

As a judge in this particular talent contest, you do seem somewhat comically to believe that you can decide the winner in the first auditions.

I wouldn't worry too much about this fella.

All I needed to know about him was clearly demonstrated when Crouch (and others) laid on that open meeting.

As a vociferous and prominent (if not unbalanced and inconsistent) campaigner against all things Crouch, you would have thought this would have been an ideal opportunity to press home his questions, particularly after claiming he wold be more than happy to put them direct to those in charge.

But sadly, depsite telling everyone he was going and he would indeed continue with his crusade, he couldn't make it at the last minute as he had been called to a business meeting up north and so would be in Manchester (or somewhere else I can't remember) at that point.

You have to qeustion the calibre of someone who is so vociferous in their opposition, but when push comes to shove they can't folow through with their promises.

So Mr Sundance, there was no chance of rescheduling such an important business meeting was there?

Thanks for saving me the bother of replying to Somedunces pathetic little effort. As you say, there is no proof that Pearson was a bully at all. It is perhaps easy for a simple mind to confuse the possibility that he commanded respect with him being a bully, especially as Lowe is a bully but does not command respect. The difference between the two of them is that Pearson had an exemplary career and was a true professional. Just because he had balls and was Crouch's choice were the two reasons that he was not favoured by Lowe and why one of Lowe's main apologists is attempting to blacken his name with untruths.

Thanks for saving me the bother of replying to Somedunces pathetic little effort. As you say, there is no proof that Pearson was a bully at all. It is perhaps easy for a simple mind to confuse the possibility that he commanded respect with him being a bully, especially as Lowe is a bully but does not command respect. The difference between the two of them is that Pearson had an exemplary career and was a true professional. Just because he had balls and was Crouch's choice were the two reasons that he was not favoured by Lowe and why one of Lowe's main apologists is attempting to blacken his name with untruths.

True Wes there was no evidence just my opinion, my interpretation of player's attitudes under NP and JP. Take Surman for instance, we all know about the fragility of the human pschye especially in young men and he has certainly looked like a player renewed playing with a lot more vitatlity and freedom than he did under Pearson. With all due respect I would prefer if someone like Weston Saint offered his opinion on this as he I believe he has close ties to Surman if not he has been excellent in calling right any speculation with regard to him. So happy to be put right on my thoughts from weston but with respect not yourself as you will simply argue with me for the sake of it.

Seasoned pros in the twilight of their career are more likely to react to the Sgt major treatment as they have more to lose, not many paydays left for them. Either way a devisive style of management and a football manager needs to manage all his resources effectively and not just motivate the journeymen. Lets not forget we were in 18th when he took over and he took us to the brink. The statistics don't lie we only lost 3 games but it remains a fact that Wright through a massive quirk of fate saved us and made Pearson look a better manager at this level than he actually was.

Lowe has taken a gamble but he probably looked at the situation and realised he had two goals to achieve over and above anything else:

1) Reduce costs dramatically.

2) In that cost reduction exercise deliver a set up that would give hope and lift the spirits of the remaining employees and fans alike.

A bloody tough call whatever line of business you are in but I don't think few could argue that Lowe has made a pretty good stab at delivering on these two objectives since he has returned and the club merits our support.

Pearson's chosen route was to rely on players like Jasmine and Idiakez when he clearly had much better options in the reserves and youth which he failed to capitalise on or perhaps IMO alienated in his, shall we say, robust style.

IF NP had stayed the objectives would have still been the same for Lowe and whilst to a degree goal 1 could have been achieved NP would have resisted to a degree despite what he said to his close confidante Dumb Pahars and did not have the apparanet talent to develop youth IMO despite his experience in the England set up.

Why was Lallana not used extensivley before his goal saved us at WBA? Was it NP's last desperate roll of the dice? Our survival remains a quirk of fate and the events that lead to the acquistion of Richard Wright who played the best he has done for years before and apparently since. So unless NP is an acknowledged Goalkeeping expert and coach I think our survival can remain down to the fortuitous injuries to our 3 keepers as oppose to NP's expert management. Doing well in league 1, yes, but so he should given the resources at his disposable and the opposition.

At the end of the season the greatest achievement will be JP keeping Saints in the CCC than Leicester gaining promotion.

At the end of the season the greatest achievement will be JP keeping Saints in the CCC than Leicester gaining promotion.

Well, NP did, so let's see if JP can. i certainly hope so.

And your evidence for NP's bullying is that Surman didn't have such a great run-in to the end of the season?! Sheesh...

FYI, Sundance, I am no longer going to sub your posts for you. There's only so much help I can give you.

Let me make it clear I have been friends with Andrew Surmans parents for more than 30 years but I do not get any information about the club internal politics from him. Drew does not talk about such things I am told.

I do see his mum and dad most home matches and chat to them at half time. We spoke about Pearson last season and I understand Drew was happy with him. However both myself and his Dad were worried that the rantings on the touchline during games might dent the confidence of the younger players. No evidence of it though I am pleased to say.

I am told by another source who was on the inside when Pearson was about that he was a good disciplinarian and did wonders for the Academy. He was not being paid anything like some suggest on here. His salary was no more than £3,000 a week.

It was Pearsons idea to play Surman at left back and he was happy to play there if it meant being part of the team.

Hope this clears a few things up.

My comments on other threads regarding McGoldrick did not come from the Surmans.

I have many good trusted friends with contacts in the club and dressing room. None of them are into the politics of the club and on any takeover matters usually ask me what the latest is on that subject. The players and coaches hear nothing on the subject.

None of them are into the politics of the club and on any takeover matters usually ask me what the latest is on that subject. The players and coaches hear nothing on the subject.

They may not actively keep their ear to the ground, so to speak, but wouldn't they be slightly curious if they bumped into a rich Kuwaiti being given a tour of the facilities by the "head of security" though? (for example) :)

They may not actively keep their ear to the ground, so to speak, but wouldn't they be slightly curious if they bumped into a rich Kuwaiti being given a tour of the facilities by the "head of security" though? (for example) :)

They might ask there contacts to ask me ;) But what do I know? F all in reality.

True Wes there was no evidence just my opinion, my interpretation of player's attitudes under NP and JP. Take Surman for instance, we all know about the fragility of the human pschye especially in young men and he has certainly looked like a player renewed playing with a lot more vitatlity and freedom than he did under Pearson.

Weston says that he was happy to play left back rather than be left out of the team. Now he has finally been restored to his naturally preferred position in midfield, so I don't doubt that he's happier. Team selection circumstances dictated where he played both times, so nothing much to be gleaned about it.

With all due respect I would prefer if someone like Weston Saint offered his opinion on this as he I believe he has close ties to Surman if not he has been excellent in calling right any speculation with regard to him. So happy to be put right on my thoughts from weston but with respect not yourself as you will simply argue with me for the sake of it.

I only challenge what you say if there is anything contentious or something I disagree on, not because it is for the sake of it. That would be petty. But below, there are such examples, which is why I am bothering to reply.

Seasoned pros in the twilight of their career are more likely to react to the Sgt major treatment as they have more to lose, not many paydays left for them.

Rather than youngsters who need to make an impression on the manager to gain a place in the team so that they are in the shop window to be bought by a glory team and advance their careers? I don't agree with you

Either way a devisive style of management and a football manager needs to manage all his resources effectively and not just motivate the journeymen.

Who was divisive? Pearson? Where is the hard evidence for that statement? I thought that the team played with more unity of purpose under him than they had under Burley. Also I see no evidence that it was just the journeymen that he succeeded in motivating.

Lets not forget we were in 18th when he took over and he took us to the brink. The statistics don't lie we only lost 3 games but it remains a fact that Wright through a massive quirk of fate saved us and made Pearson look a better manager at this level than he actually was.

What a load of tosh! So you are totally ignoring that Lucketti and Perry played any part, or indeed any other member of the team. I'm sure that you'd be pretty ****ed off if I expressed an opinion that JP's position would be considerably worse had not Kelvin Davies been playing possibly the best football of his life and that if not for him we would be bottom now. In case you had not realised it is a team sport and each player plays his part.

Lowe has taken a gamble but he probably looked at the situation and realised he had two goals to achieve over and above anything else:

1) Reduce costs dramatically.

2) In that cost reduction exercise deliver a set up that would give hope and lift the spirits of the remaining employees and fans alike.

So he's obviously failed in the second part then, hasn't he?

A bloody tough call whatever line of business you are in but I don't think few could argue that Lowe has made a pretty good stab at delivering on these two objectives since he has returned and the club merits our support.

I think that you meant to say that "I don't think many could argue..."

But as you have written it, I couldn't agree more. ;)

Pearson's chosen route was to rely on players like Jasmine and Idiakez when he clearly had much better options in the reserves and youth which he failed to capitalise on or perhaps IMO alienated in his, shall we say, robust style.

Under the situation he found himself, perhaps he reasoned that it was better to rely on seasoned pros who had experience of situations like this, rather than youngsters untested at this level who would be thrown in at the deep end. What do you reckon then? Who is the better right back? Wright or James? At the moment, I'd rather have Wright, although James might yet develop. In case it escaped your notice, JP has had a closed season to buy players of his choice, whilst Pearson had to make do and mend with what was here.

IF NP had stayed the objectives would have still been the same for Lowe and whilst to a degree goal 1 could have been achieved NP would have resisted to a degree despite what he said to his close confidante Dumb Pahars and did not have the apparanet talent to develop youth IMO despite his experience in the England set up.

There are no grounds you could possibly have for saying this. It is all pure conjecture. The most sensible reasons that I have heard for Pearce going are that he was Crouch's appointee and that he was his own man, rather than a yes man. That's what conjecture sounds like on the other side of the coin.

Why was Lallana not used extensivley before his goal saved us at WBA? Was it NP's last desperate roll of the dice? Our survival remains a quirk of fate and the events that lead to the acquistion of Richard Wright who played the best he has done for years before and apparently since.

Isn't it funny that he played better than for years before or since when Pearson was in charge? That guy is obviously a brilliant motivator and it wasn't only Wright who seemingly appeared to have improved either.

So unless NP is an acknowledged Goalkeeping expert and coach I think our survival can remain down to the fortuitous injuries to our 3 keepers as oppose to NP's expert management.

And yet again you give absolutely no credit to anybody else, not the team, not the manager, not the board...nobody but Wright, singlehandedly.:rolleyes:

Doing well in league 1, yes, but so he should given the resources at his disposable and the opposition.

Doing well with a good blend of youngsters and a smattering of seasoned pros. Despite the wealthy owner, it isn't a team of household names and other teams in similar circumstances have been known to fail. A good manager is a good manager in any division and success is not guaranteed by money.

His salary was no more than £3,000 a week.

My comments on other threads regarding McGoldrick did not come from the Surmans.

Weston Im glad you have said that to clarify things. It would be human nature to believe you were trying to cover for your friends as i would expect DMG and RL etc not to be very happy at these assertions and may jump to the wrong conclusions and may point to AS as being the source.

This is the problem for all of us on here as we may put friends or aquaintances in peril (ie have trouble with their employers or teammates)by trying to inform the posters on here on the scraps that we are fortunate to get.

I have withdrawn from putting too much info on here as it has become a game with a few to gang up try and discredit the little bits I put up. It is not to be clever by me but genuinely i wanted to share the news for many of the normal fans who are not poilitcal and just want to know.

I do know the club really do want to find out where this info drips from and so i really am drawing back more as it is not worth it, only then to have some who have their own agendas to try and be smart to trash these things.

I do hope the club do not jump to conclusions and DMG likewise as Drew and family seem to be an innocent in all this

as for the salary it does seem low but it may have been linked to performance bonusses.

Long shot said it was a third of GBs and a fifth of Dave Jones but of course may have come from he same source, so it is difficult to see if it is correct.

IMO it probably should have been there or there abouts as GB on 9k a week seems not unrealistic and if NP was on a third then that all falls into place.

Weston Im glad you have said that to clarify things. It would be human nature to believe you were trying to cover for your friends as i would expect DMG and RL etc not to be very happy at these assertions and may jump to the wrong conclusions and may point to AS as being the source.

This is the problem for all of us on here as we may put friends or aquaintances in peril (ie have trouble with their employers or teammates)by trying to inform the posters on here on the scraps that we are fortunate to get.

I have withdrawn from putting too much info on here as it has become a game with a few to gang up try and discredit the little bits I put up. It is not to be clever by me but genuinely i wanted to share the news for many of the normal fans who are not poilitcal and just want to know.

I do know the club really do want to find out where this info drips from and so i really am drawing back more as it is not worth it, only then to have some who have their own agendas to try and be smart to trash these things.

I do hope the club do not jump to conclusions and DMG likewise as Drew and family seem to be an innocent in all this

as for the salary it does seem low but it may have been linked to performance bonusses.

Long shot said it was a third of GBs and a fifth of Dave Jones but of course may have come from he same source, so it is difficult to see if it is correct.

IMO it probably should have been there or there abouts as GB on 9k a week seems not unrealistic and if NP was on a third then that all falls into place.

I am not one to lie or try to cover up. There are some posters on here who know some of my other contacts and they know I get nothing from the Surmans other that about Drew himself.

I also have substantial amount of information from other sources who have asked me not to disclose to the web. None of that is disclosed and I retain their trust.

Remember the stick I took over the SOS episode when I refused to back down from a promise I made to MW not to disclose any of the conversation of that meeting.

Anyway enough on the subject. This is my last post on this subject

Let me make it clear I have been friends with Andrew Surmans parents for more than 30 years but I do not get any information about the club internal politics from him. Drew does not talk about such things I am told.

I do see his mum and dad most home matches and chat to them at half time. We spoke about Pearson last season and I understand Drew was happy with him. However both myself and his Dad were worried that the rantings on the touchline during games might dent the confidence of the younger players. No evidence of it though I am pleased to say.

I am told by another source who was on the inside when Pearson was about that he was a good disciplinarian and did wonders for the Academy. He was not being paid anything like some suggest on here. His salary was no more than £3,000 a week.

It was Pearsons idea to play Surman at left back and he was happy to play there if it meant being part of the team.

Hope this clears a few things up.

I have many good trusted friends with contacts in the club and dressing room. None of them are into the politics of the club and on any takeover matters usually ask me what the latest is on that subject. The players and coaches hear nothing on the subject.

Fair play WS, you are one of the posters I respect most on here. Granted, my views are quite different from yours and say Nick H but the point is that I always feel like you and Nick are Saints fans like me first and foremost and you can have a debate but not feel like you are tangling with an opposition fan and at the end of the day we are on the same side. Wish that I could say that about more of the posters on here. I don't see you as someone that would post sensationalist stuff on here and that's probably why Drew's folks trust you. Anyway, players aren't daft, they know that any of what they say will be on fans' websites and picked up on by the papers who trawl these things in two seconds flat.

Don't let the barstewards get you down!

NP would have resisted to a degree despite what he said to his close confidante Dumb Pahars and did not have the apparanet talent to develop youth IMO despite his experience in the England set up.

It wasn't just what he said to dumb old me of course, as he publicly said the following at that Central Hall meeting that you melted from;)

"I have worked at clubs where the academy and first-team are separate entities and not integrated at all and those clubs are the poorer for it."

"If you put the right effort into recruiting and developing the right players then it can save the club a lot of money on transfer fees."

I wouldn't really call that resisting, I would actually call that embracing.

If only that business meeting hadn't come up at the last minute. You sure did miss your opportunity to grill Crouch and Pearson hat night:p

It wasn't just what he said to dumb old me of course, as he publicly said the following at that Central Hall meeting that you melted from;)

"I have worked at clubs where the academy and first-team are separate entities and not integrated at all and those clubs are the poorer for it."

"If you put the right effort into recruiting and developing the right players then it can save the club a lot of money on transfer fees."

If only that business meeting hadn't come up at the last minute. You sure did miss your opportunity to grill Crouch and Pearson hat night:p

Interesting, Um. I thought it was clear to pretty much everyone towards the end of last season that one of Pearson's achievements - whatever you think of his supposed successes or failures with results - was to get the coaches of the first team, the reserves and the Academy thinking and planning together.

Could it be - whisper it - that Lowe nicked the idea? Either way, the course we're embarked on now was set out at least to some extent by Pearson last season. I hardly think he'd have billed at as a 'revolution', though. I would credit him with more honesty than that.

Don't expect an answer from Sundunce. He cannot afford a fiver and he has had his 3 strikes today so he is out until tomorrow. :-)

That's not strictly true.

SOS ring any bells?;)

See my full comment on this thread Tris.

And if you could go back to the original posting you will see I said I would advise Mr Wilde that it would all be on the record. So my promise on TSF to tell him that was true and carried out. However he made it clear that if we approached it on that basis their would be no chat as such. I made a decision and others on the SOS team agreed, not to breach a confidence.

If you remember I always made it clear I would not breach a confidence. That is why some of you kicked up in the first place. I have always been consistant about that but as usual you twisted it to suit yourself.

Give the boy a gold star.

I can't speak for all the stay-aways, but speaking for myself I am boycotting to bring the club to it's knees. You see my friend I want the club to go into administration, I want the PLC to go under, I want Lowe and Wilde to lose their investment.

Even if Saints end up in league 2 I don't care. So long as the cloud of Lowe is gone i'll be happy.

So there you are, you right my little Sunny Delight.

you and me both!

Ted Bates will be turning in his grave to know we have saints fans like you. FWIW if we went into administration (and I firmly believe we will not this season) what makes you so sure Lowe will go as well, the chances are, should it happen is he will still be here. Still happy?

Ted Bates will be turning in his grave to know we have saints fans like you. FWIW if we went into administration (and I firmly believe we will not this season) what makes you so sure Lowe will go as well, the chances are, should it happen is he will still be here. Still happy?

and the poster still wont go, because the football ain't good enough as we are only playing Rochdale, and all we are playing it the under 16's and a couple of 38 year olds.They've closed the family centre Northam and chapel and only have the Itchen and Kingsland open in the centre, also its far too dear to watch L2 football.

I'm sure you know where we are with poelpe like that.

See my full comment on this thread Tris.

And if you could go back to the original posting you will see I said I would advise Mr Wilde that it would all be on the record. So my promise on TSF to tell him that was true and carried out. However he made it clear that if we approached it on that basis their would be no chat as such. I made a decision and others on the SOS team agreed, not to breach a confidence.

If you remember I always made it clear I would not breach a confidence. That is why some of you kicked up in the first place. I have always been consistant about that but as usual you twisted it to suit yourself.

You and the other SOS representatives made a commitment to stipulate to MW that the meeting was minuted and reported back on tsf. This was debated and was agreed beforehand. Then you got to the meeting and paniced you might be missing out on something (in much the same way as you pulled the ki ora dog (i'll be your friend woof woof) routine with tommac)) and decided you'd look after your own ITK interests. The SOS debacle clearly shows that your integrity is not to be trusted and that you only value the comittment of a promise when it suits.

So where's the twisting? This is exactly what happened.