foresight

Oz

I'm unconvinced that the scenario you describe will see Lowe or Wilde out (OK perhaps one of the two with the other able to buy thier stake at a knock down price). All that would happen in admin is that all saleable assets would be gone. The club would become an absolute shell and the shareholders' stakes worthless with no chance of them getting the price they'd want to sell up. It would make these days of belt tightening seem like liberty hall and YOU WOULD PROBABLY STILL HAVE LOWE in charge, even more entrenched if we came out of administration because noone would be looking to buy the mess that would be left.

That's assuming we didn't go into liquidation, which would be a distinct possibility.

You want all that for SFC just because you don't like an (admittedly) unloveable businessmen.

Spot on.

The really worrying thing is what it would do for Lowe, Wilde & Crouch to sell their stake in the club.

I agree that in administration, Lowe would (IMO) do a Ken Bates at Leeds and buy the club himself so he could make back what he had lost. And administration is inevitable if we were to get relegated.

If the youth policy does succeed and we stay as a stable CCC club over the next few years, the share price will not be high enough for the named 3 to sell and recoup their investments, so unless someone pays over the odds then a sale would be unlikely.

If in the really unlikely event we got promoted at some point, I'm sure the ego's would be back at play, and Lowe/Wilde would want their chance in the Premiership (& presumably would not be under too much pressure from the fans with increased TV revenues & the return of some of the missing fans).

So the big question is, what would it take for Lowe, Wilde & Crouch to sell? - gentlemen, I think its time the fans were given the answer to this question. (especially given the refusal of the SISU bid - some answers to why that was refused as well please)

Edited by Gorgiesaint
Including the reference to SISU

Well said, Oz and Puff amongst many others your fighting talk is deafening. I think there are three things in life that require your unconditional support - your family, your country and for football fans - your team. With your attitudes I don't actually believe you are true Saints supporters and would not be surprised to find you are a couple of Pompey trolls. In any event you clearly are uneducated and moronic chavs. Lowe has more right to be ****ed off with you as you made Burberry the cloth of the landed gentry into the uniform of the layabout ignorant scum such as your good selves.

Get it into your head, even sides like Man U and Chelsea would see falling gates if they started hovering round the bottom of the league consistently.

Stop endlessly banging on that it is the fans fault. Over the last few years, Lowe and the fans have never seen eye to eye, even the media largely dislike him. There is no smoke without fire, and Lowe is extremely fortunate to be given a second go at wrecking this club.

At a time when survival is paramount, it is extremely wreckless to start gambling by placing relatively unkown management in control with no experience of this league. The fans have every right to question this and you have no right to blame them.

The fans have every right to question this and you have no right to blame them.

Whilst I disagree with much of Sundances message and tone, there is a vast difference between a fan questionning the decision making at their club and a desire to see your team relegated & go into administration.

Well said, Oz and Puff amongst many others your fighting talk is deafening. I think there are three things in life that require your unconditional support - your family, your country and for football fans - your team. With your attitudes I don't actually believe you are true Saints supporters and would not be surprised to find you are a couple of Pompey trolls. In any event you clearly are uneducated and moronic chavs. Lowe has more right to be ****ed off with you as you made Burberry the cloth of the landed gentry into the uniform of the layabout ignorant scum such as your good selves.

Unit, corps, God, country?

hahaha 2 draws and 2 wins in the championship.

Then we lose and then yet another classic bunch of threads a day later!!

Saints in losing 1/5 games shocker.

Calling Jan a "Powder Puff" manager is incredibly ignorant of you. He is a world cup winning left back with no money and a team of kids. Nigel pearson was on a bigger wage than a lot of our players so he was the first to go - thats business. People slated him when he was chosen as our manager and now you're doing the same to Jan.

Looking at our season so far we seem very inconsistant. A few great performances and a few terrible ones, however we dont look so bad that we are going down. We look better than last season.

Im a fan of lowe but if he started wrecking the club i would obviously call for his head but so far this season he has done nothing wrong!

Well, we've lost 2 out of the last 4 and i've seen 3 of them.

And i can assure you that in two we were dismal and one we were pretty poor.

That's my concern.

Just like to thank DSM for the infraction I was given for calling Oz and Puff the Magic Dragon layabout ignorant scum. I have no complaints and I know I was out of order.

For the record I am bouyed by the number of positive messages of support coming through for JP and the team in what will be a difficult season because of the financial mismanagement of the last two seasons not least letting Burley near that £7m transfer budget and the recruitment of the likes of Euell and Thmas and not to mention the thankfually forgotten Idiakez. Give me the youth option anytime and perhaps had Pearson followed the Warnock plan he may still be here today. He's not and rightly so, so lets get behind the team.

I'm not complaining about my infractions but the attitude of some so called supporters and their abject failure to find anything positive to say about 'their' team upsets me to my core. Its ironic that posters can get away with calling me and others like Scooby anything they like and our only crime to post a supportive if alternative and challenging view to these anti-Saints types. They are not anti-Lowe as their actions and words are simply anti-club and to the detriment of the team.

Anyway apologies once a again for calling OZ, Puff and others of your ilk, ignorant scum. Scum is a far to good a word for you and if I could visit your 'abodes' and give it the Bobby Sands treatment I would before realising that smearing your walls with excreta would alledgedly improve your environment. I shall read your comments (strange one that Baj, ban users but allow them to read the main forum) with a growing sense of doom and gloom but continue to support my beloved Saints unconditionally regardless of my personal opinions as I did when IMO the incompetent and his self important and effective general were at the helm.

Doug and Ron we don't agree on many things but I do appreciate your views, even you Roman but you don't have the decency to acknowledge the fact that even we agree on occassion. Tame keep jumping on someone elses bandwagon and I grow grey waiting for you to post an original thought.

Its been real and I hope those who haven't realised it already, that regardless off who is in charge we actually have a team worthy of our support. Lowe was not responsible for the dire crap we were dished up with last season and we averaged at least 18k for home games so this year under massive constraints we have a young side visibally working hard for us and we choose to reward their efforts by 3-4,000 of us staying away, mostly it seems in protest. Anyone who condones that action should be banned from this forum as they are not acting in the best interests of the club. I hope they don't end up with regrets whilst the 13-14,000 it will just be disappoinment and sadness despite everyones best efforts we slide into administration. As I say scum for the anti-club stay aways is to good a description.

I think the original poster is spot on, employing a yes-man is the worst thing we could have done this season, we need an experienced Championship manager who can tell Lowe exactly what is needed to stay in this league.

It scares me ****less thinking how this set up will perform when the real pressure starts towards the end of the season when experience in players and management is worth it's weight in gold.

Sundance the one thing that you don't appear to have grasped is that Lowe has no divine right to expect the support of the fans. I keep saying this support like respect has to be earned. He has done nothing to earn that support, he decimated the team, filled it full of reserves and it only became clear that this was happening after most season tickets had been renewed.

How is that for both honesty and loyalty? How can you continue with your blinkered view of life at SMS.

People would respect you more along with your views if they were tempered with reality.

For someone who is clearly an educated individual, you come across as a perverse person or a deliberate wind up merchant.

I share some of Sundances views as he appreciates.

To not go because of Lowe and Wilde, and Crouch before that is wrong and I would go as far as to say they are not supporters.

To not go becasue the team is playing poorly or for social/economic/work reasons is perfectly acceptable although it is damaging the team as there is less money for strengthening etc.

Snowballs is correct, Lowe has to earn respect and for many he has a long way to go and I am not going to get into that argument at present.

Sundance, like GM and a few others (I am not saying they are all of the same style or opinion) are articulate characters with something to say and this forum will be poorer for their absence if that is what is decided by the Administartors or by themselves.

There are many one line posters on here who add little to the debate. They are entitled to post just as much as Sundance and others. I just wish posters would put away there prejudices and debate issues.

I also enjoy the cut and thrust of Wes Tenders postings. Like Sundances posts I agree with some but disagree with a lot as well. What I do find distastful is the back biting from both. There are others who I put into this catagory as well. Cut it out and this forum will be the better for it.

In my opinion of course ;)

Just like to thank DSM for the infraction I was given for calling Oz and Puff the Magic Dragon layabout ignorant scum. I have no complaints and I know I was out of order.

For the record I am bouyed by the number of positive messages of support coming through for JP and the team in what will be a difficult season because of the financial mismanagement of the last two seasons not least letting Burley near that £7m transfer budget and the recruitment of the likes of Euell and Thmas and not to mention the thankfually forgotten Idiakez. Give me the youth option anytime and perhaps had Pearson followed the Warnock plan he may still be here today. He's not and rightly so, so lets get behind the team.

I'm not complaining about my infractions but the attitude of some so called supporters and their abject failure to find anything positive to say about 'their' team upsets me to my core. Its ironic that posters can get away with calling me and others like Scooby anything they like and our only crime to post a supportive if alternative and challenging view to these anti-Saints types. They are not anti-Lowe as their actions and words are simply anti-club and to the detriment of the team.

Anyway apologies once a again for calling OZ, Puff and others of your ilk, ignorant scum. Scum is a far to good a word for you and if I could visit your 'abodes' and give it the Bobby Sands treatment I would before realising that smearing your walls with excreta would alledgedly improve your environment. I shall read your comments (strange one that Baj, ban users but allow them to read the main forum) with a growing sense of doom and gloom but continue to support my beloved Saints unconditionally regardless of my personal opinions as I did when IMO the incompetent and his self important and effective general were at the helm.

Doug and Ron we don't agree on many things but I do appreciate your views, even you Roman but you don't have the decency to acknowledge the fact that even we agree on occassion. Tame keep jumping on someone elses bandwagon and I grow grey waiting for you to post an original thought.

Its been real and I hope those who haven't realised it already, that regardless off who is in charge we actually have a team worthy of our support. Lowe was not responsible for the dire crap we were dished up with last season and we averaged at least 18k for home games so this year under massive constraints we have a young side visibally working hard for us and we choose to reward their efforts by 3-4,000 of us staying away, mostly it seems in protest. Anyone who condones that action should be banned from this forum as they are not acting in the best interests of the club. I hope they don't end up with regrets whilst the 13-14,000 it will just be disappoinment and sadness despite everyones best efforts we slide into administration. As I say scum for the anti-club stay aways is to good a description.

Can't quite believe I'm going to do this, but that final paragraph is what you should have written previously, cos that is exactly the point.

And I agree 100% with you on that point (not on the banning though, they have every right to post, even if they are wrong and grossly ignorant of the situation).

Scum is a far to good a word for you and if I could visit your 'abodes' and give it the Bobby Sands treatment I would before realising that smearing your walls with excreta would alledgedly improve your environment. QUOTE]

Like many on here I do not condone those who boycott Saints because of Lowe.

But I have to question the mental well being of anyone who can write the sentence above. Start taking that medication Sundance.

Its been real and I hope those who haven't realised it already, that regardless off who is in charge we actually have a team worthy of our support. Lowe was not responsible for the dire crap we were dished up with last season and we averaged at least 18k for home games so this year under massive constraints we have a young side visibally working hard for us and we choose to reward their efforts by 3-4,000 of us staying away, mostly it seems in protest. Anyone who condones that action should be banned from this forum as they are not acting in the best interests of the club. I hope they don't end up with regrets whilst the 13-14,000 it will just be disappointment and sadness despite everyones best efforts we slide into administration. As I say scum for the anti-club stay aways is to good a description.

I really think you should wind your neck in and stop passing comments on what other fans/supporters are. It is none of your business if a fan decides to no longer attend matches, whether it be a long term or short term decision. What gives you the right to make comments such as other people being scum for not going to matches? Take your head out of your arse and shut up. I took my three kids to Alton Towers last weekend and spent a fortune. It wasn't a million miles from Coventry either, but quite frankly I felt my kids would enjoy the theme park more than the football right now. I may well take them to a match again sometime, but I will do it on my terms when I want to and not because some jumped up little moron thinks I should.

By the way, Alton Towers has seen a remarkable drop in people through the turnstiles this year and they haven't got Rupert Lowe in charge and they haven't got an untried Dutch boss. Some say there is a credit crunch on, but who knows!

Scum is a far to good a word for you and if I could visit your 'abodes' and give it the Bobby Sands treatment I would before realising that smearing your walls with excreta would alledgedly improve your environment. QUOTE]

Like many on here I do not condone those who boycott Saints because of Lowe.

But I have to question the mental well being of anyone who can write the sentence above. Start taking that medication Sundance.

Sundance clearly has mental health issues.

Sundance, I really do worry about you - seriously. I think there's a world of difference between the cut and thrust of heated arguments on here, and the kinds of things you've been saying recently. The remarks about WT's wife, comparing mods with Nazis, and now the Bobby Sands 'dirty protest' reference, make me wonder whether there's something else going on that's tipped you over a cliff. I hope not.

Your rage, for want of a better word, at fans who don't attend the games is inexplicable. Aside from a very few who are actively boycotting the club - as is their perfect right - as many of 10,000, it seems, have simply gone missing. As the Americans say, 'Why sweat the small stuff?' Those who boycott make up a tiny percentage, and really aren't the heart of the problem.

The challenge for the club is how to get people back into SMS - not to alienate them with baseless charges that they are willfully and selfishly ruining the club. You should understand that hammering on this theme is likely to turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy. It's going to be a test of Lowe's and others' entrepreneurial skill and imagination to bring supporters back - assuming, heaven forbid, the club does not slide into relegation or worse.

Some through bad management end up at the bottom and off the rails in horrifc crashes that closes down the park. If we had kept bootboy and the incompetent fan in charge we would have crashed at the botom and off the rails along with all the ensuing carnage. There wouldn't have been a team / product left worth taking over and if nothing else at least Lowe/Wilde are still making an effort to keep this club as a saleable commodity.

Nail hit cleanly on its head.

What Lowe is doing should be commended, rather than ridiculed by the flatcaps. He is rebuilding this club, putting together an exciting new breed of talent and youngsters that will take us back to the Promised Land -- given time! The bootboy's brand of journeymen has beens and mercenaries would have sent this club to the edge and beyond.

What Lowe is doing should be commended, rather than ridiculed by the flatcaps. He is rebuilding this club, putting together an exciting new breed of talent and youngsters that will take us back to the Promised Land -- given time! The bootboy's brand of journeymen has beens and mercenaries would have sent this club to the edge and beyond.

Two of the three unwise monkeys together, anyway what do you think of your home draw against A C Milan.

Lets hope you are right Scooby,i wont mind eating humble pie if it means Saints can climb out of this league.

But knowing Lowes past record of putting money first rather than football,i doubt we will have many of these "Exciting new breed of talent",left after the January sales.

Guest Hacienda

Given time?

You are on the record as saying anything less than promotion this season will be viewed by you as failure.

That's hardly "given time" is it or maybe you just don't believe that they can deliver as you boasted?

So its the fans fault and up to us to change the club's fortunes. S Beast you really are a first degree tw8t. Thousands made it clear before the season that we would not support Lowe Disunited (not Saints). SFC as a club does not exist whilst chummy boy is running the show and failing miserably once again. Admin - so be it. The club would not continue to be in control of The Failures and then we will return to support the club we love.

And comparing Pearson with the present unproven bunch demonstatres you really know naff all about the game of football.

What an apt name -'Lunatic' How bitter you are and in no way are you a Southampton fan.

Congratulations Scooby a well written and thoughtful message. The lunatics on here who claim to be supporters really are not anything of the sort. No true supporter would say they wish the club would go into administration. The consequences of this nightmare scenario would be the same as Luton and Bournemouth - Any person who wishes that on a club is by deffinition someone who wishes the worst for them!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Scooby a well written and thoughtful message. The lunatics on here who claim to be supporters really are not anything of the sort. No true supporter would say they wish the club would go into administration. The consequences of this nightmare scenario would be the same as Luton and Bournemouth - Any person who wishes that on a club is by deffinition someone who wishes the worst for them!!!!!!!!!!

Deserves to be repeated for its accuracy.

Guest Hacienda

As does this.

Given time?

You are on the record as saying anything less than promotion this season will be viewed by you as failure.

That's hardly "given time" is it or maybe you just don't believe that they can deliver as you boasted?

Guest Hacienda

But Scooby refused to put a penny into the club when Lowe was ousted and actually posted on 606 how he wanted Saints to lose so he's hardly a fan is he?.

Behave yourself Scooby just because most of us do not wish to take part in the Lowe love in we are still support the Saints. I have going to watch and support Saints for well over 40 years and a ST holder for 20 plus years and still am. I have met and been in Lowe's company a number of times, I do not like or trust the man. We will not agree but IMO he will not take the club forward this season or next in fact he has done more harm than good over the past 5 years.

Usual ugly, unattractive and devisive nonsense from SB. Apparently SB works in PR. I also work in PR and wouldn't touch the feller with a very long barge pole.

His gratuitous abuse of posters has got to a stage where he should be banned IMO. I have no issues with the SFC views SB holds at all btw, it's the expression.

Edited by TopGun

Usual ugly, unattractive and devisive nonsense from SB. Apparently SB works in PR. I also work in PR and wouldn't touch the feller with a very long barge pole.

His gratuitous abuse of posters has got to a stage where he should be banned IMO. I have no issues with the SFC views SB holds at all btw, it's the expression.

Wouldn't shout the PR bit. Once we have shot all bankers and then Estate Agents, you have to be pretty high on the list!!

Scooby any chance of a link where we can watch your movie?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192956/plotsummary

Plot summary for

The Accountant (1999)

Daniel Bennett gets more than he bargained for after a night in the cells leads to a meeting with a man known to most as The Accountant. Forced in to a situation with looming debts and a unsupporting wife, Daniel soon finds that he cannot stand being in a position where his working life poses a threat to actually living. After plotting an audacious plan to take a large amount of money from his dirty employer Daniel soon realises that in order to steal from these people he'll have to act like them - and run faster than them. Written by Andrew White {andrew.white@virgin.net}

Erm....Am I the only one not getting this "Scooby = Andrew" thing?

Hands up.

Erm....Am I the only one not getting this "Scooby = Andrew" thing?

Hands up.

Here you go, trousers.

EDIT: I'm going to take that link out, because I'd posted it as a joke but it turns out it really is him!

Edited by Roman

More like I think it's against forum rules. However, now I understand exactly what scooby is and where he's coming from.

It is all an elaborate joke.

Its quite easy to find him on the web. Coming from Salisbury he probably is a Saints fan rather than a skate so there's a theory gone.

Interesting that one of his favourite films is "The Manchurian Candidate." Isn't that the one where a politician gets manipulated by ne'er too goods who brainwash him? Perhaps that is what is happening now and he is the mastermind behind "Lord Lowe".

Its quite easy to find him on the web. Coming from Salisbury he probably is a Saints fan rather than a skate so there's a theory gone.

Interesting that one of his favourite films is "The Manchurian Candidate." Isn't that the one where a politician gets manipulated by ne'er too goods who brainwash him? Perhaps that is what is happening now and he is the mastermind behind "Lord Lowe".

But funniest of all is that the one genuine thing about him is that he's wild about scooby-doo!