HD2 can't find a network

gaz

Hiya, I've got a HD2 with a couple of problems.

My brother had it as contract upgrade from his iPhone 3G back in February, and it was fantastic for around a month. As he never needed the insurance on his iPhone, he didn't take it out on his HD2, and you know whats coming don't you? :rolleyes: It fell from his pocket and cracked the screen pretty badly.

As he didn't want the hassle or expense of fixing it, he went back to the iPhone and left the HD2 in a drawer. I found it a couple of weeks ago and asked what he was doing with it, he said I could have it if I got it fixed. The digitiser was the only thing wrong with it, so I took it to a local phone repair shop. After a week away having the glass replaced, I picked it up today and have found a couple of problems.

1. The phone can't find any networks.

I know its locked to O2, but with my O2 SIM card in it, it won't find any networks (the signal strength icon is the phone mast with an exclamation mark). Manually or automatically searching doesn't make a difference.

2. The Volume buttons don't work

They don't seem to make any difference to sound levels when pressed, and they seem harder to press than they used to be.

Now, I think the second problem would be fixed with a simple take-apart-put-together job, but I'm more worried about the first problem. Why would the phone lose the ability to find a network? When the digitiser is replaced, does the antenna get removed? Could it be that it hasn't been reattached properly?