iphone problem

Saint Keith

my wifes iphone 3g wont connect to a wireless network. some ****wit mate of hers has tried to tell her its my router in the house. i did point out to her that its not the router because A) all the laptops are working fine and B) her phone isn't seeing any network, not just mine

i dont know much about iphones, being a blackberry man, i usually just do a soft reboot if my blackberry falls over

needless to say its fallen onto me to find a solution to her problem, but im far to busy to be be arsed quite frankly

any ideas from the iphone crazies on here on what might be the cause/how to fix it?

• 3 weeks later...

Had a similar issue recently! A simple power off and back on again didn't work! I held down the home key and the lock key on the top until it switched off! Takes about 10 seconds! Then when I powered it back on and it miraculously started working! Failing that a restore using iTunes might be the only resolve!!

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Failing that, go to:

Settings: General: Reset: Reset Network Settings

After it reboots it should now see the networks. It's a common problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for general info people there is a very good ipod/iphone repair business in Portslade, East Sussex which is between Brighton and Shoreham by Sea. They can be contacted on ukipodrepairs.co.uk and I can recommend them from personal experience. If you are unable to take your broken machine to them yourself you can post it to them and they usually return within a day or so. However, it is worth taking it there personally as the young lady there is very personable, know what I mean ;) Worth checking out if you have any such problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I had an issue with a 3GS running 4.1, a reset by holding down the lock button and menu button simultaneously, resolved contacts syncing issue and mail body downloading issues.

If it doesn't fix it, let me know what version of iphone and version of iOS you are running.

Cheers

Mewsta

Itunes 10.0.1

iOS 4.1

outlook 2010

64 bit itunes & outlook

I've tried all-sorts, Clearing sync history, re installing everything & searched for a solution but no joy.

Checked Microsoft & apple help sites and there seems to be loads of people with similar issues but no answers.

Yeah, all boxes are ticked & outlook appears in itunes but will not sync any cal, contacts or notes from laptop or phone. Phone syncs ok with windows contacts, Also outlook syncs with live email account ok. There does not seem to be a link between itunes & outlook to sync info. Its was all working fine, I had outlook 2007, then 2010 beta, Now 2010 & was all ok. I'm sure its something to do with latest itunes update.

Thanks for responding.