Slideshow making with a MAC

Stepgar

Hi peeps,

So I went for it and bought the MAC.

Now I need a quality slide show builder which will give me good quality output on the screen and and really good quality for the sound when I attach music to it.

Any ideas?

I have used iMovie/iDVD but the sound that comes off is not totally acceptable.

Steve

Audio quality will depend largely on what you are putting into it, and the various compression settings you're using for that. Software can't just magically make something sound better, so check you're not compressing the audio too much in the first place. Larger loudspeakers are generally a lot less forgiving than those in the computer itself - but they generally have pretty lousy digital to analogue converters anyway, which doesn't help if you're plugging it into a larger system. I don't want to be too confusing, I'm not sure which end of the spectrum you're coming from!

Similarly, video quality is determined primarily by the general settings of the computer and not the program itself. I would presume that most 'slideshow' software packages have similar output qualities, but that's really just a stab in the dark - not my area of expertise!

If you mean slideshow as in a Powerpoint presentation sort of thing, then use Powerpoint. Or Keynote. There might be some decent free versions around, worth using the useful comparison site www.google.com for that! If you mean slideshow in another way then I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean...

Yes as they say. Either KeyNote (Which is powerpoint for the mac and in certain areas a little bit better but has a larger learning curve if your used to powerpoint). Or for Photo's iPhoto is perfect as it also allows you to select the event album and then click the slide show button and then change the themes and music to suite. Very good.