New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

No. But if you don't already know on what principle, I doubt you will ever understand it.

Right, you do realise he won 60% of his games as England manager? Anyway, you'll have to wait until tomorrow to reply, by which time Sven may be at the helm!

Zola can **** off, nice bloke but so wrong for us.
Zola didn't work for the Prem but League 1 may well be the right level for him to 'start' club management at. I'm fairly sure he had a reasonable amount of success running the Italian U21 team. However I will wait and see although something tells me (my gut) we'll have a manager in place by Friday.

I wonder if the next manager had anything to do with the Gully signing?

There must have been some Italian inside knowledge on Gully? which gives the Italian connection more legs.

He was a cortese signing, Gully has the same agent as Papa apparently, and Cortese is ''friends'' with them.

I think (hope) you forgot to put a smiley winky thingy at the end ..... none of them would appear in my top 20 choices !!!

Don Howe would be my prefered choice. Been there done that, also coached at International level. Great tactician too, for L1 anyway, dont mess about with it, get it long. However i think Tony Cascarino has all the ability to make a great manager. We should get him, maybe with Don Howe as his mentor.

Oh ok, cheers for that, surely though you don't just take the word of an agent that the player they represent is any good?

It happened alot at QPR (i'm sure our resident QPR fan will pick me up on this if wrong) - they had a few Italian imports that the manager didn't scout. It's the European scouts that give the heads up on these sort of things, and luckily Cortese has a few links at Italian clubs and with Italian agents.

I look at us now and see '''QPR'' - i remember thinking what nutters they were when they kept changing managers and expecting instant success. Thankfully they've toned down a bit now.

O'Neil would be great but surely that's kite flying we remain a mid table league 1 side at the moment hardly that attractive however ambitious we may be. I don't think it will be a new boy Cortese needs someone proven to apease the fans so maybe he is thinking big and looking to bring in a big name currently off the radar.... maybe

Hoddle

Bernd Schuster

Jürgen Klinsmann

Marco Van Basten

Michael Laudrup

Any of those would do thank you very much

Cloud cuckoo land I think... probably end up being Buckle of Torquay

This is all so depressing. Anyone who expects a new manager to have instant results is very likely to be disappointed. I agree with Weston that we shall need a different manager to get us out if this league than the one who takes us to the Premiership. The only name that I have read that I think might fit that bill is Poyet. I started this season full of optimism but at the moment I have a nasty sinking feeling.

Don't see what's wrong with Zola. Did a good job to start with then struggled but kept them up in very tough circumstances. Hardly the worst cv and clearly an intelligent guy who'd be backed with money.

I didn't mind pardew but people are being silly saying changing can't bring success. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't but there's no point sticking with pardew if the owner isn't fully behind him. We have high expectations and we won't know if pardew could have met them. To be fair, IMO this is a poor league and we should have made the playoffs last season but there we go. It doesn't take money to get up it takes good management, but we had the advantage of money too. I was annoyed enough for pardew to go after the first two games because it was appalling to start badly yet again with the talent available, but Saturday showed how good the squad really is and it's a shame he won't get the chance to prove himself. I happen to think we will see the team largely unchanged but will get promoted anyway and people will quickly forget.

All that said I pray it isn't curbishley or brown, can't stand and don't rate either at all.

Agree with all of that !

Prepare for a big name I think, and in terms of big names Zola is not half bad!

My post on the HCDAJFU thread on the 26th about Zola staying at the same hotel as Guly may not of been 2+2=5 but more 2+2=4............... We shall see i suppose but the sacking was certainly out the blue as my contact at Staplewood only found out at 8.30 this morning too but had suggested to me on more than one occasion over the past 2 weeks that in their opinion Zola would be coming in if Pardew didn't get the right results but with Guly saying about Zola being at the same hotel as him it could possibly be a done deal.

My post on the HCDAJFU thread on the 26th about Zola staying at the same hotel as Guly may not of been 2+2=5 but more 2+2=4............... We shall see i suppose but the sacking was certainly out the blue as my contact at Staplewood only found out at 8.30 this morning too but had suggested to me on more than one occasion over the past 2 weeks that in their opinion Zola would be coming in if Pardew didn't get the right results but with Guly saying about Zola being at the same hotel as him it could possibly be a done deal.

I'll admit, I was the first to call it bull**** but I take it back. I'll more than welcome Zola! Sorry :)

Phil Brown on MOTD 2 last night said that his grass was looking good now following his gardening leave by Hull and that he was born to work. He said that he wanted to be back asap. What do people think of him? I wouldn't want him here f'sure.

His orange face would clash badly with all the red around.

This is all so depressing. Anyone who expects a new manager to have instant results is very likely to be disappointed. I agree with Weston that we shall need a different manager to get us out if this league than the one who takes us to the Premiership. The only name that I have read that I think might fit that bill is Poyet. I started this season full of optimism but at the moment I have a nasty sinking feeling.

why is it that if Saints have a new manager he will take time to get results, yet if it is our opponents they will beat us as they have the "new manager" effect?

The more I think about it the more likely it seems to me that Zola will be the chosen one. Italian...been there, seen it, done it PLAYER who will gain instant respect from the players, but of course will have to earn respect as am nager from them and perhaps more importantly us fans.

Steve Clarke no doubt would be his assistant...very experienced coach/assistant obviously mainly at Chelsea and worked with one of the best in Mourinho!

The fact that Dean Wilkins has stayed suggests to me that the new man wants him and therefore the new man is already chosen. Why else keep part of Pardews team which Cortese has decided does not fit in with his vision for the future? Surely in Hunter, Dodd and Reed there are enough people in the club to organise and run trianing for a few days (at most). After all, Dodd has already done it.

I think a BIG name is needed to boost morale in the fanbase and to send a message of intent to the football world. Zola is a big name but nt in management terms...thats what concerns me although I do think he did a very admirable job at West Ham n extremely difficult times and handled himself with real aplomb both during his time there and immediately after.

I would weep with joy if Martin O'Neill came here. Unlikely, but one is allowed dream! Its possible he'd want to take on a new challenge though. His enthusiasm for the game is second to none. I'm also surprised no one has mentioned Strach yet! Things are clearly not working for him at Middlesboro and its possible he could be lined up for a return to Saints!

They're the only 2 names that would excite me following this mess. Feel so gutted for Pardew at the moment. Im also worried about the negative impact this could have on the squad, given that most of the squad are his signings. Bloody hell. Never a dull moment supporting this club!