"Guly" Signing Confirmed

Nexstar

Who will make way for him in the starting XI??

Lambert, he's ****.

Nah it has to be Hammond or Puncheon really. I'd personally drop Hammond because with him and Schneiderlin in the middle we just play crab football and lack any real drive. Hammond will still be useful to bring on to help defend a lead so will still get a decent amount of game time.

Quality signing on the face of it. As stated above just depends how he adapts to english life and a winter in the English lower leagues. Not sure who will be dropped for him, my choice would be Puncheon, but will be interesting to see. Anyone know if he will be playing tomorrow night?

Still waiting for international clearance from the Italian FA but hope to have it in time for tomorrow's game, according to the article.

Excellent news . However, nagging question in my mind...why should someone who looked as though

he would be a Serie A regular this season want to exchange that in order to play in League 1 ?

Hardly an ambitious move from his point of view in whichcase we must be paying him a fortune ?

Lambert, he's ****.

Nah it has to be Hammond or Puncheon really. I'd personally drop Hammond because with him and Schneiderlin in the middle we just play crab football and lack any real drive. Hammond will still be useful to bring on to help defend a lead so will still get a decent amount of game time.

Agree, Hammond will be our Wotton now to tie 2-0 leads up with 20 minutes to go which about right. Shame, as he started well but has lost his spark and the pre- season injuries to him and Puncheon have left them behind the other players (Rickie is getting there) in terms of fitness. If I were Pardew, I'd organise some behind doors games to get these lads up to full sharpness and losing those extra 2 or 3 lbs.

This lad looks exactly what we need and might push Morgan on a bit as well. Need a wide player/forward with express pace now as well.

Did Guly really say, "I'm delighted that everything has now been agreed..." or did he say "Chi è questo strano uomo mi teneva la mano ..." or even, "Se a sua esta frio aqui no verão, o que ele gosta em janeiro ..."

Very Good Move. Just what we needed and if he holds a regular starting place instead of Hammond or Puncheon, my prediction of where we will be in the next 2 months is higher than where we would be without him. There are downsides - that its only a loan at present, and does that suggest they aren't sure he is good enough, and it has come very late after we've already dropped 5 points, but maybe that was necessary to convince the management that the squad needed strengthening.

We need something unpredictable and he could be the answer. Against the right opposition Hammond and Morgan are great but when we need that extra spark to break stubborn defenses down that is when we struggle. Bolton are playing fringe players tomorrow night according to their OS so could be the perfect game to introduce him.

I can't see AP dropping Hammond. He made him captain and has picked him for every match to date. I think it's more likely that Guly will come into the starting line up in an attacking centre mid position in a 4-2-3-1 formation when AP decides that is the right formation for a given match. Connolly and Barnard will get their chances when we start with 4-4-2 or switch to two up front during a match.

Like everyone else I hope he's as good as he seems and manages to adapt to L1 footbal quickly.

Well the article on the OS says "he will add a controlling and inventive presence to the centre of the park", which seems to suggest they see him as a centre mid.

However, the fact he has been given 11 rather than 8, seems to suggest otherwise.

If he has the 11 shirt, does that mean he will be playing CB as replacement for Killer?

I know nothing about this guy, never heard of him before yesterday, but on the face of it this sounds like a hell of a coup.

interesting signing...looks good from the clips. We have seriously lacked a runner from midfield - with or without the ball - so this could be exciting. Possibly the two-in-one player to cover Lamberts height "in emergency"!!

A CB, a DM, and Antonio and we will storm the league!!

Why is it only a loan, FFS ? He could walk away in January.

Despite his credentials, I am underwhelmed.

why?

think about it alps.

He's a brazilan that's been playing in the slow paced world of italian football for 8 years, if he comes here and struggles to adapt to the pace he can go back in January with no harm done to us.

If we had signed him for 800k on a 3 year deal we could be lumbered with a player that isn't right for this league.

The deal protects us.

Are you unable to read? The article clearly says he is on loan until the January window, when we have the option of securing him on a permanent basis. How on earth is that in any way a bad deal for the club?

Because he could be utter poo? Therefore allowing him to go back to Italy and us get someone better in January?

It really is not hard to just have a little think is it? Seriously. I don't doubt you are stupid and will make stupid posts but I seriously doubt you can't have a little think as to what a loan is and its plus points as well as its down points.

Let's hope he doesn't get to those lovely, bracing November & December crisp (ie; sub zero) mornings over there on the training ground at Staplewood and think: "Brrrrrr - what the f@*k have I done???" ;)

Sounds a very good signing tbh. I do so love a Brazilian.

You let yourself down by generally being a little bit thick. The article clearly says we have 1st option to buy him in January. If we signed him outright now, and he turned out to be awful, you'd be the first moaning that our scouts aren't up to it and what a waste of money. The loan gives us the best of both worlds, if he turns out to be a success we can sign him in January, if he turns out not to be, then we can let him go back with no real damage done. It's a no brainer and a great deal for Saints.

why?

think about it alps.

He's a brazilan that's been playing in the slow paced world of italian football for 8 years, if he comes here and struggles to adapt to the pace he can go back in January with no harm done to us.

If we had signed him for 800k on a 3 year deal we could be lumbered with a player that isn't right for this league.

The deal protects us.

Exactly!

An excellent piece of business. I hope he proves to be as good as he sounds/looks in the clips.

You let yourself down by generally being a little bit thick. The article clearly says we have 1st option to buy him in January. If we signed him outright now, and he turned out to be awful, you'd be the first moaning that our scouts aren't up to it and what a waste of money. The loan gives us the best of both worlds, if he turns out to be a success we can sign him in January, if he turns out not to be, then we can let him go back with no real damage done. It's a no brainer and a great deal for Saints.

Plus (of course): who's to say the player himself will settle in England - a place many South American's find difficult to adapt to?

Oh look at that. We've signed a player who could have been playing in Serie A this season.

A player of high quality from the video clip, with pace power and height to play in CM. A steal of a deal accoring to all on here.

Now if only AP and the club had told us that they were taking time, being careful and looking for the RIGHT player to help complete the jigsaw of the team.

Oh that's right, they did din't they.

Patient fans who read, listen and trust our new structure 1 - Moaners 0