Sponsorship and Corporate Hospitality

Dave Benson Phillips

M: Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please.

R: Certainly sir. Have you been here before?

M: No, I haven't, this is my first time.

R: I see. Well, do you want to have just one argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?

M: Well, what is the cost?

R: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.

M: Well, I think it would be best if I perhaps started off with just the one and then see how it goes.

R: Fine. Well, I'll see who's free at the moment..............................................

Can you point and highlight where there is frontline perimeter advertising space free? I can't find any. Thanks.

Who said anything about frontline perimeter advertising spaces? You said the place was crammed with advertisers, the live web cam shows plenty of empty spaces where adverting boards used to be. Thanks.

Who said anything about frontline perimeter advertising spaces? You said the place was crammed with advertisers, the live web cam shows plenty of empty spaces where adverting boards used to be. Thanks.

Well I have been talking about our perimeter advertising, which was less than a third occupied, whereas there is not a single place left at Hillsborough.

Fact? Yes, I thought so too

Also... how did you come to the conclusion where there used to be advertising boards? Do you check on the webcam every day for the last 3 years? :lol:

Well I have been talking about our perimeter advertising, which was less than a third occupied, whereas there is not a single place left at Hillsborough.

Also... how did you come to the conclusion where there used to be advertising boards? Do you check on the webcam every day for the last 3 years? :lol:

They can have hoardings coming out of their arses. We have a multi billionaire family. We win I thinks

They have to take them down between matches in case the inkjet ink runs in the rain. :lol:

Oh, sorry, I'm wrong. They alternate between having them there and at the adjacent County Cricket Club, or Sheffield United. ;)

Your webcam photo seems pretty conclusive evidence to me that the place isn't exactly crammed with advertisers, but it must be misleading in some way, as that would mean that Stu is wrong and he's a media expert dontya know.

They have to take them down between matches in case the inkjet ink runs in the rain. :lol:

Oh, sorry, I'm wrong. They alternate between having them there and at the adjacent County Cricket Club, or Sheffield United. ;)

Your webcam photo seems pretty conclusive evidence to me that the place isn't exactly crammed with advertisers, but it must be misleading in some way, as that would mean that Stu is wrong and he's a media expert dontya know.

Well done Mr Pedant. What the fook has it got to do whether it's a cricket stadium or football stadium close? Seriously... and as for the advertising at Hillsborough... read the OP you plank... it's pretty obvious what I am talking about... perimeter advertising, you know, the boards that go round the field of play. There is no spaces at Hillsborough...

A cricket crowd and a football crowd are a completely different audience on the whole... yes some watch both, but not all, apart from T20 etc... so don't expect people rushing to advertise in St Marys once the cricket season is finished.

Anyway, seriously, just an observation and you hysterical tarts whinging on again and protecting your leader.

The fact is that it is a measure that can be applied in assessing the overall health of the club, just like the US unemployment figures are a measure that can be applied in assessing the overall health of your country.

Oh yeah?....really?.......Is that why KrapNotArf was crammed full of glitzy high tech electronic advertising last season? lmao!

Don't you go worrying yourself over the US economy, we'll be just fine, even more so once we've shackled the Commie in November....I'd have thought you had enough to worry about, what with double dip recession risk and the 'true' Government debt running to $110k per person...You and your kids have my sympathy paying that back.

BTW, only 5% unemployment rate down here in good 'ole right to work and Union free Southern Louisiana and thats even with the thousands of jobs that were lost from BP's negligence and the grand standing Commie.....Hell, we even have a couple of 'British' manufacturing companies moving over here from Blighty...That's 600+ jobs less for you and 600 more for us, with more to come :) and a little more business for me ;)

Well done Mr Pedant. What the fook has it got to do whether it's a cricket stadium or football stadium close? Seriously... and as for the advertising at Hillsborough... read the OP you plank... it's pretty obvious what I am talking about... perimeter advertising, you know, the boards that go round the field of play. There is no spaces at Hillsborough...

A cricket crowd and a football crowd are a completely different audience on the whole... yes some watch both, but not all, apart from T20 etc... so don't expect people rushing to advertise in St Marys once the cricket season is finished.

Anyway, seriously, just an observation and you hysterical tarts whinging on again and protecting your leader.

Dave/Stu tying himself up in knots again. :lol: First he would have us believe that we are losing advertising revenue hand over fist to The Rose Bowl and then in the next breath he shoots himself in the foot by stating that the target audience between those at a footie match and a cricket match is totally different!

It really was a blessing that you didn't get the job at St Mary's.

I do know what a perimeter advertising hoarding is and like shirleysfc, I detected large gaps around the Sheffield Wednesday ground. But perhaps my eyes fail me, or the webcam picture was not too clear.

And who would my leader be, Stu? You're becoming paranoid.

Thought I'd poke my head in and just point out the official gallery from Saturdays match. The second picture shows pretty much all of on touch line, as you go through the pictures, you'll pretty much see that the frontline 'Perimeter' advertising is pretty crammed.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/Gallery/0,,10280~2130644,00.html

If you look behind it, these are the black boards, but these are the one that shirleysfc was talking about in the SWFC webcam. But, you are quite adament that it is the pitch side advertising you are talking about, not the one next to the crowd.

You see, I thought earlier this is what you were talking about, but, as you point out, 'Fact', you are not, and in which case, you are worng (fact) and this trhead can now be closed, what a waste of time.

The second picture shows pretty much all of the touchline? LMFAO - talk about spin. :lol:

I can only assume you weren't at the game. Agreed the non-TV side was busier than the 'TV side' , but still... it was nowhere near full...

Where you at the game? Seriously? Ther was about 6 advertising boards on the TV side... most, if not all being the Ofiicial Football League Partners!

Not much point debating when you are just going to make things up. We have some proper mong fans but you are right up there with them... :lol:

3 pages of debate about what exactly?

NC and his team don't know how to run a business?- as debated by someone that went for a job as a telephone advertising sales rep at SFC??

Or maybe there is simply an agenda working here.....

FFS.

Haha... another person who is not interested in the thread or subject yet clicks on the link and then decides to comment on it...

And even tries to have a snobby arsed dig to prove he is better than someone else ( did anyone mention Telephone advertising sales, or are you HONESTLY telling me you know more about the job than me? What a mong )

Yep, you're another one of the mong fans I refer to. :lol:

I think we can lock it now.

Maybe you could find another thread you are not interested in to click on the blatantly obvious link then go to the effort of telling people you're not interested. :lol: Funny Guy. :lol:

The second picture shows pretty much all of the touchline? LMFAO - talk about spin. :lol:

I can only assume you weren't at the game. Agreed the non-TV side was busier than the 'TV side' , but still... it was nowhere near full...

Where you at the game? Seriously? Ther was about 6 advertising boards on the TV side... most, if not all being the Ofiicial Football League Partners!

Not much point debating when you are just going to make things up. We have some proper mong fans but you are right up there with them... :lol:

Go through the pictures, and you will see. And you are assuming I wasn't at the game? You are weird! This is why I don;t 'debate' with youDBP, there is no point. When you get caught out, you get all abusive and call those debating 'proper mongs'.

FYI, I was at the game, in my usual ST seat, but you knew that. You just want to call me an uber fan and detract from the possibility that you twisted this whole 'debate' to suit your own agenda. This is the sought of thread that most 'fans' on this site asked to be stopped. You said you would criticise where criticism was due. However, this debate has proved fruitless. You have no evidence, no 'facts' and just pony stories of a time long passed when you were too p*ssed up to accept a job at SMS, or, that's what you were peddling before. And apparently in this interview, they gave you a tour and explained.... hell I'm not even going to get into this, you messed up, you lie and you cheat and to get out of it, you call people names, real childish. You need to sort out your life DBP, you spend far too much of it on this site, you couldn;t even stick to 3 a day for much more than a week. You really are weak willed. And, at least I now know you haven't got me on ignore, I show you up all the time with 'facts' and you choose to ignore rather than debate. Your are a con man DBP STU / 19 canteen / sundance beast, whatever...

Haha... another person who is not interested in the thread or subject yet clicks on the link and then decides to comment on it...

And even tries to have a snobby arsed dig to prove he is better than someone else ( did anyone mention Telephone advertising sales, or are you HONESTLY telling me you know more about the job than me? What a mong )

Yep, you're another one of the mong fans I refer to. :lol:

I think we can lock it now.

Maybe you could find another thread you are not interested in to click on the blatantly obvious link then go to the effort of telling people you're not interested. :lol: Funny Guy. :lol:

The title of the thread was of interest to me.

I guess I hit a raw nerve of yours judging by your over reaction!!

:)

Pointless speaking to mongs like you Johnny.

What FACTS have you given me? The advertising space is SIGNIFICANTLY down on what it was last season, it's a debate... thats all... don't get your knickers in a twist sweetie.

There is around half of the sponsorship space taken up... tonight it might be 'slightly' more because of Carling... but around HALF of the sponsorship space around the ground is taken up for a league game.

Want to prove me wrong? Take some pictures tonight Johnny, of all 4 sides.

This has turned into such a tedious thread now and mainly because of mongs like you. If you are not interested in the subject then how about you f*ck off and post on something you are interested in... much like I do... you can say what you want about me, I don't jump on threads and hijack them... attention seeking mongs like you do.

The title of the thread was of interest to me.

I guess I hit a raw nerve of yours judging by your over reaction!!

:)

Not really, you are just some jumped up no-mark from the States who has an opinion over things which are of no concern or impact to him. ( Not talking about this subject, I am talking about your 'opinions' about Installment plans, booking fees etc etc.

What FACTS have you given me? The advertising space is SIGNIFICANTLY down on what it was last season, it's a debate... thats all... don't get your knickers in a twist sweetie.

I've not looked through the whole thread DBP, advertising space is down, but what about the revenue? No idea if the prices are up/down from last year, but surely revenue is the most important thing here?

I've not looked through the whole thread DBP, advertising space is down, but what about the revenue? No idea if the prices are up/down from last year, but surely revenue is the most important thing here?

Seems unlikely that the revenue would be higher if the advertising space is significantly down wouldnt you say? Not that I particularly noticed. I shall have another look next time I'm down there.

Go through the pictures, and you will see. And you are assuming I wasn't at the game? You are weird! This is why I don;t 'debate' with youDBP, there is no point. When you get caught out, you get all abusive and call those debating 'proper mongs'.

FYI, I was at the game, in my usual ST seat, but you knew that. You just want to call me an uber fan and detract from the possibility that you twisted this whole 'debate' to suit your own agenda. This is the sought of thread that most 'fans' on this site asked to be stopped. You said you would criticise where criticism was due. However, this debate has proved fruitless. You have no evidence, no 'facts' and just pony stories of a time long passed when you were too p*ssed up to accept a job at SMS, or, that's what you were peddling before. And apparently in this interview, they gave you a tour and explained.... hell I'm not even going to get into this, you messed up, you lie and you cheat and to get out of it, you call people names, real childish. You need to sort out your life DBP, you spend far too much of it on this site, you couldn;t even stick to 3 a day for much more than a week. You really are weak willed. And, at least I now know you haven't got me on ignore, I show you up all the time with 'facts' and you choose to ignore rather than debate. Your are a con man DBP STU / 19 canteen / sundance beast, whatever...

Don't cry.

Seems unlikely that the revenue would be higher if the advertising space is significantly down wouldnt you say? Not that I particularly noticed. I shall have another look next time I'm down there.

Not without knowing how much the club previously charged for ad space, and how much it charges now. Which, being as no-one knows, kind of makes it a redundant discussion in terms of revenues.

Pointless speaking to mongs like you Johnny.

There is around half of the sponsorship space taken up... tonight it might be 'slightly' more because of Carling... but around HALF of the sponsorship space around the ground is taken up for a league game.

Want to prove me wrong? Take some pictures tonight Johnny, of all 4 sides.

This has turned into such a tedious thread now and mainly because of mongs like you. If you are not interested in the subject then how about you f*ck off and post on something you are interested in... much like I do... you can say what you want about me, I don't jump on threads and hijack them... attention seeking mongs like you do.

There really is little point in debating with you, because as soon as somebody hits you with a telling point, you start the childish name-calling. People who disagree with you are variously pedants, mongs, planks, etc.

However, there is always some amusement to be had from you, as in the following example:-

I don't jump on threads and hijack them... attention seeking mongs like you do.
:lol:

sorry but LOL!!

I have lost count at the amount of threads you start to have a pop at "our leader" and from what? you know nothing about why boards are empty, not 1 clue yet you decide to (reading between the lines) turn it into a NC bashing quest, and why may I ask, still p!ssed at the lack of installments?

Can you provide some links of where I have jumped on threads which are of no interest to me just to constantly have a pop at someone?

No? No, didn't think you could.

Did I say that you jumped on threads which are of no interest to you? But you almost certainly hijack many of them. You're not exactly a shrinking violet, are you, so it caused me some amusement you accusing others of being attention seekers

And I don't see you disputing that you descend into childish name-calling when posters dare to challenge your point of view. No, I didn't think that you would.

Well can you explain to me why every other stadium I visited last season ( about 15 ) in League 1 seem to have alot of sponsorship and advertising and the ones I remember noticing... busy hospitality areas?

Maybe you should pop over from America yourself, that might give you grounds for a reasonable debate then? :D

Come on Stu, you're smarter than your posts on this thread give you credit for.

Why are you so worked up about these revenue streams? We clearly do not need them anymore than we need a shirt sponsor this season. What difference does it make to the football? That is afterall why I go to games - for the football, not to comment on advertising hoardings.

I wonder why so many people are obsessed with irrelevant factors at the club - perhaps it's the understandable focus we have had on money in the past few years or perhaps it's a case of finding any reason to criticise the Chairman. Either way I think it's a shame we can't focus more on football.

Just an observation - your posts on the first page are a bit schizophrenic - on one hand you criticise the new marketing bods and say they must be accountable and then say you are not having a perosnal dig at anyone.

Come on Stu, calm down mate. Have a beer and enjoy the season - it's going to be a good one for us.

Come on Stu, you're smarter than your posts on this thread give you credit for.

Why are you so worked up about these revenue streams? We clearly do not need them anymore than we need a shirt sponsor this season. What difference does it make to the football? That is afterall why I go to games - for the football, not to comment on advertising hoardings.

I wonder why so many people are obsessed with irrelevant factors at the club - perhaps it's the understandable focus we have had on money in the past few years or perhaps it's a case of finding any reason to criticise the Chairman. Either way I think it's a shame we can't focus more on football.

Great isn't it, pity that we do "need" booking fees and increased car parking costs for fans though!

I don't think the club need revenue from booking fees or car parking at all. I think their reasons for doing this are otherwise.

this is exactly the approach that i would use if i was in charge, make it more expensive for my limited fan base to attend, creating more empty seats in an already souless stadium which is only 65% full , then tell them how generous I am by not bothering with a sponsor because we are so rich we don't need one.....................

i'd rather see this "we're so rich we don't need the money" approach used to attract bigger crowds and reward those of us who turn up for incredibly unattractive fixtures (carling cup/ JPT / Daggers at home on a cold tues in november)

this is exactly the approach that i would use if i was in charge, make it more expensive for my limited fan base to attend, creating more empty seats in an already souless stadium which is only 65% full , then tell them how generous I am by not bothering with a sponsor because we are so rich we don't need one.....................

i'd rather see this "we're so rich we don't need the money" approach used to attract bigger crowds and reward those of us who turn up for incredibly unattractive fixtures (carling cup/ JPT / Daggers at home on a cold tues in november)

The lack of a shirt sponsor is only to sell as many shirts as possible this year before another new shirt is brought out next year, but what has really ****ed me off is the £3 booking tax and because of this i've got no loyalty to follow the team anymore. If we're playing well i'll go, if we're not I won't bother. Cortese doesn't give a **** about me so I don't feel at all guilty about doing less games.

What FACTS have you given me? The advertising space is SIGNIFICANTLY down on what it was last season, it's a debate... thats all...

Dbp I have not read the whole thread so excuse me if already answered, but how do you

Know that advertising revenue is down?

Cheers

The lack of a shirt sponsor is only to sell as many shirts as possible this year before another new shirt is brought out next year, but what has really ****ed me off is the £3 booking tax and because of this i've got no loyalty to follow the team anymore. If we're playing well i'll go, if we're not I won't bother. Cortese doesn't give a **** about me so I don't feel at all guilty about doing less games.

Why would he give a t*ss about a guy that does nothing to slag the team off and lives near leicester ??

Also, you pay a booking fee for everything, cinema, gigs etc Plus i would guess most clubs hide this 'ticket tax' (lol) within the price of the ticket.

If you don't like it go to the ticket office. Or alternatively if the club are p*ssing you off so much don't support them.

who in the hell gives a crap really...does it matter if there are no advertisement boards...was it the perimeter adverts that stopped us winning last sat..?

my word

Nothing on this website really matters, it's a bunch of saddos talking about a bunch of blokes who kick a ball round a field.

Nothing on this website really matters, it's a bunch of saddos talking about a bunch of blokes who kick a ball round a field.

lets just keep breaking it down...football is just a bunch of atoms kicking around another bunch of atoms into a net made up of atoms..

all pretty pointless

lets just keep breaking it down...football is just a bunch of atoms kicking around another bunch of atoms into a net made up of atoms..

all pretty pointless

We love electrons, we do,

Oh electrons we love you!

all pretty pointless

What about the protons ?? Bloody happy clappy positives, and then the electrons ? They just hang around the outside being all negative.

Then there are the nuetrons, who just sit on the fence really.

• 2 weeks later...