Can we please make this a community again?

SaintBobby

I have to say I get concerned with the abuse that gets hurled on here. Would some of our contributors be so abusive to each other if talking in the street face to face? I think not. Then why do it from behind the computer screen?

par for the course on most discussion sites, in fact this one is particularly timid in that regard. Ive seen far worse on one or two camphone sites, they can get really vicious

Man up fags! Anyone can post what they like. Its a free country. If you dont rate certain posters there is a block feature.

I have to agree with shane.

This place has just turned boring and f*cking depressive, the mods are closing down and banning all of the comical posters and those that make this place interesting and have kept only one real outspoken poster, their good friend Stu.

Until this place gets a bit more lenient and a those people who get annoyed at certian posts just ignore certain posters or become a bit more thicked skinned it will keep going down hill IMO.

I have to agree with shane.

This place has just turned boring and f*cking depressive, the mods are closing down and banning all of the comical posters and those that make this place interesting and have kept only one real outspoken poster, their good friend Stu.

Until this place gets a bit more lenient and a those people who get annoyed at certian posts just ignore certain posters or become a bit more thicked skinned it will keep going down hill IMO.

Maybe I'll start a rival forum where nothing is censored, except overt posts encouraging criminality. And I wouldn't charge either, so we can get a real good virtual ding-dong going with some retard skates.

................not for the fearful few I'm sure, but lots of us just want to pursue the fortunes of our club.

As a 50 year fan, I'm disappointed that some people can only post negative threads and rarely praise, or encourage players and staff who are, after all, the real representatves of the club. QUOTE]

Agreed. This board is getting tedious. It's why I have not renewed.

Yeah, I have never tried to get under someones skin just for the sake of it.

The thing that annoys me us if I met any of you in a bar in London, we'd both be excited at finding another Saints fan, and we'd discuss it all sensibly, and get on, even though we all have different points of view. Quite sad that this forum tends to be a front for our frustrations in our private lives. That's how I feel anyway.

It seems that the grammer and speeling police have all left for pastures new though.

So, it's detention for you when the new term starts then! ;)

Incidentally, regarding this thread, I find that some people make provocative but interesting points (eg Alpine) which deserve thoughtful answers rather than the instant anger which becomes tedious. I used to like the inside gossip, but the ITK brigade seem to be missing along with your "grammer and speeling police!"

................not for the fearful few I'm sure, but lots of us just want to pursue the fortunes of our club.

As a 50 year fan, I'm disappointed that some people can only post negative threads and rarely praise, or encourage players and staff who are, after all, the real representatves of the club. ...and I've never boo-ed a Saints player in my life .

They are, like us, just individuals trying to do a job...even if they do get paid (more than you) it goes with the territory and the career is short.

This 'short career' guff is total rubbish and wildly out of date. Nobody has a life long job any more! Most people in most jobs are not immune from critisism so why should very well paid footballers enjoy the privilege of guaranteed praise despite poor performances?

They should perform or face the consequences like any one else or actually more than anyone else as they're paid more on average...

This 'short career' guff is total rubbish and wildly out of date. Nobody has a life long job any more! Most people in most jobs are not immune from critisism so why should very well paid footballers enjoy the privilege of guaranteed praise despite poor performances?

They should perform or face the consequences like any one else or actually more than anyone else as they're paid more on average...

The trouble is surely that as fans we're far too fickle - if the team are winning generally there's a lot of positive noise and encouragement. If there's any semblance of failure - i.e. going one goal down - players get slated and there's a noose being prepared for the Managers/CEO's neck. Booing your own players or indeed any form of negativity is surely going to be counter-productive whether we like it or not. If you're a performer of any kind, having an appreciative and supportive audience through thick and thin is a fantastic feeling and will assist getting every last drop of effort and skill out of you. Conversely having your so-called supporters turn on you is hardly going to encourage you to work harder for the cause.

My £5 subscription has run out and I shall not be renewing it due to the awful state of "in-fighting" going on on almost every thread. I know i am reducing my "voice" as it were but then it would almost certainly be shouted down because i do not belong to a particular clique. I can and shall watch from more of a distance, but I am afraid that I am ashamed to be associated with some people who apparently share the same passion as I do, namely supporting The Saints. I really do hope things sort themselves out on here, because like it or not the footbal club will be ok, despite and regardless of anyone on this forum. And that is all that it is.. a forum... yes we are all entitled to our opinions but some people go out of their way to wind others up.... see you at SMS or "on the road". WIFM. OWTSGMI.