Reparing scratrches - is it worth it?

I'm looking to sell my Chevy Matiz (cracking car lol), it's an 07 plate and done just under 15k miles and is probably worth around £2-3k.

It has got a few scratches on both corners of the front bumper and I've been quoted about £180 to have them sorted by one of those mobile scratch repair companies.

Is £180 a decent quote? Is it worth doing or should I just get rid?

Most people who buy a car like this will be looking for a cheap runabout and probably wouldnt care so much about superficial scratches, so I wouldnt bother to get them done. Personally I'd focus instead in making sure its scrupulously clean and shiny inside and out (spend the money on a full valet if necessary).

I spent (wasted) a few quid a little while ago getting my car machine polished, it was worse when he'd finished, but it was raining so I couldn't really see the results properly.

I would say, wash (car wash will do, ASDA do 'the works' for about ten quid) and hoover the car out, put a smelly in it and hope for the best. If it don't sell then at least you got a nice clean fragrant car to drive around in, just don't get it dirty again. Job done.

My housemate has a 2002 Hyundai Amica. It is riddled with scratches, minor dents and has otherwise been slightly battered in it's life.

An hour or two with general paint wash, clay bar, autoglym polish and some bumper/plastics restorer have left it looking superb. The scratches are still there if you want to look for them, so it's not kidding anyone, but it looks like it's looked after and cared about. That can make all the difference.