Sky eye help

SO16_Saint

I already have a sky eye running to a tv upstairs and have today bought a new tv cabinet with a door on and the sky remote won't now work downstairs because it cant go through wood!

Is it possible to add another sky eye so that I don't have to keep the door open but can have it sat on top of the cabinet?

If so, how?

I searched some forums and people were pointing to that device.... I'm not sure whether you can get the other RF connection on the back of the Sky box to work. I think when I originally did mine, I plugged it in to the wrong one and couldn't get a signal.....

So as I believe it's just the one connection on the back of the Sky box that will work.

Sorry if that's not much help!

Cheers Mewsta.

The eye is now not working, either through the booster thingy or directly from the Sky box. There is a signal as i can view the programmes but plugging the cable into the eye there is no red light and the remote doesn't work.

Im going to try fixing new connectors and see what happens.... any other thoughts??

You can run multiple eye's on one box. I've got 3 separate eyes set up in various rooms.

Problem you're going to have though is that you can only control the box with an eye via the RF-Out socket (only one of, not the other aerial out socket) so you'd probably have to split that from the back of your Sky box and send one cable to the back of your tele with the magic eye in-between and then send the other cable back up to the booster aerial in the loft.

[EDIT: Reading the above I've confused myself so trying to reword again!]

So, on the back of the Sky box you've got two outputs for the aerial. One at the moment is probably hooked up to your local TV and the other you send up to the loft for booster aerial and which is where the magic eyes hang off. The sky box socket which sends to your local TV will not work with a magic eye so you need to work out how to split the other output in two and put the local magic eye on there.

Just got one of these booster aerials and it's well worth the money..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SLx-Gold-Amplifier-Digital-Connectors/dp/B001CQTOZS/ref=pd_cp_ce_2_img

Let me know if that makes sense or not!