Freesat tv

slickmick

Did the Freesat TV previously show Meridian South (and BBC1 South)?

If the answer is yes then.....

Sky boxes inhibit a similar problem sometimes, they default to BBC1 London and ITV Central West if they fail to pick up the correct post code details encoded on the viewing card (or when a box is rebooted with no viewing card inserted). When this happens (once in a blue moon) I have to power off the box at the mains, wait 30 second then power back on (with the card inserted); after the full reboot the card details are usually picked up and its back to BBC1 South and Meridisake North, as it should be for my location.

I have seen something similar happen on a stand-alone Freesat box, a hard power cycle fixed it. Whether this works on an inbuilt Freesat receiver on a TV, well it is worth a try.

Did the Freesat TV previously show Meridian South (and BBC1 South)?

If the answer is yes then.....

Sky boxes inhibit a similar problem sometimes, they default to BBC1 London and ITV Central West if they fail to pick up the correct post code details encoded on the viewing card (or when a box is rebooted with no viewing card inserted). When this happens (once in a blue moon) I have to power off the box at the mains, wait 30 second then power back on (with the card inserted); after the full reboot the card details are usually picked up and its back to BBC1 South and Meridisake North, as it should be for my location.

I have seen something similar happen on a stand-alone Freesat box, a hard power cycle fixed it. Whether this works on an inbuilt Freesat receiver on a TV, well it is worth a try.

No its always had BBc London and itv has midlands west. BBC South is available on a different number but not ITV.

No its always had BBc London and itv has midlands west. BBC South is available on a different number but not ITV.

Did you sort this out yet? There will be a Freesat setting where you can specify your postcode, from that it sets up which default regional channels to use. The Bravia should have prompted you during setup when you first chose satellite. There should also be a menu you can access to change the postcode.