Huge accident at Brands

Saint137

There was a big crash in the Superbikes at Silverstone yesterday as well, one rider high sided and one of the following pack ran him over and was catapulted into a wall.

Just seen that on Youtube, I'm amazed that they are relatively unscathed and that the bloke who hit the wall has only broken his collarbone. By all rights that should have been a double fatality, the leathers and protection they wear these days are lifesavers (and for the average biker relatively affordable).

Just seen that on Youtube, I'm amazed that they are relatively unscathed and that the bloke who hit the wall has only broken his collarbone. By all rights that should have been a double fatality, the leathers and protection they wear these days are lifesavers (and for the average biker relatively affordable).

Just seen it too. Yeah, some racer suits have airbags in them now, but it still hurts..! That crash is almost a copy of Randy De Puniet's at the Sachsenring MotoGP, just a few weeks ago when, having had a bad accident in qualifying running across split oil from a rivals blown engine, he went over again, was OK, but then was run over by Alexis Espargaro, the next day during the race, and had his left leg tibula and fibia completely splintered. I expect you'll catch it in here somewhere:

As I remember, the camera didn't get a very good view. De Puniet is said to be coming back in just a few weeks. Completely bonkers. Edited by St Landrew

De Puniet is widely regarded as insane by fellow bikers, and that's saying a lot. If he didn't fall off quite so much he'd be pushing the top 3. Never seemed to lose the tendency to crash unlike Stoner for example.

But that's rather more of the De Puniet of previous seasons. This season he was the top privateer, finishing every race, and actually knocking on the door of a factory ride. He may be a little crazy with his lines, but he's quick and his team bloody well love him. The fans want him to get well ASAP, as does he, of course.

But that's rather more of the De Puniet of previous seasons. This season he was the top privateer, finishing every race, and actually knocking on the door of a factory ride. He may be a little crazy with his lines, but he's quick and his team bloody well love him. The fans want him to get well ASAP, as does he, of course.

Agree, huge fan of his and he does deserve a decent factory ride. Although rather like Guy Martin I think privateer underdog suits him better - having to toe the corporate line is not his style.

Agree, huge fan of his and he does deserve a decent factory ride. Although rather like Guy Martin I think privateer underdog suits him better - having to toe the corporate line is not his style.

Yep, there's no way De Puniet will ever actually get a factory ride, but others like Dovizioso have shown his type of form and gone straight in, after the rookie season. I think everyone loves the way Randy wrings the bloody neck of his Playboy RC212V, and then some..! There's nothing like seeing that Honda squirming about and wriggling itself almost into a tank slapper, while De Puniet just guns it or forces it to find any aggressive line into a bend. He's like Stoner on steroids in his riding style. It sometimes slows him down, of course, because he's trying so damn hard, but when he gets it right, he's properly fast. Yeah, I'm a fan too.