B&W Zeppelin

mightysaints

Loads of techy websites rate it as the best iPod dock for sound quality at the price. I recently went for the Bose Sound dock for £200 from Best Buy. I think it's excellent. Certainly amazing how it fills a room with rich, deep sound from such a small speaker.

I dont think you can really go wrong with either.

BTW - Best Buy have them all out working so you can put your iPod on it and see which one you prefer.

I can't believe a reputable company like Bower & Wilkins have dived so low that they have to pander to the iPod generation. I mean, Goodmans, Wharfedale, etc... yes, but B&W..? Someone will tell me people like Linn, and Naim Audio will be doing iPod extras next. Bose were always a fast buck company. They dress their adverts up, but they've never had any pretensions to properly accurate music production. It sort of saddens me that once great companies of the music reproduction industry have to sell to such a public with so poor an ear.

I can't believe a reputable company like Bower & Wilkins have dived so low that they have to pander to the iPod generation. I mean, Goodmans, Wharfedale, etc... yes, but B&W..? Someone will tell me people like Linn, and Naim Audio will be doing iPod extras next. Bose were always a fast buck company. They dress their adverts up, but they've never had any pretensions to properly accurate music production. It sort of saddens me that once great companies of the music reproduction industry have to sell to such a public with so poor an ear.

Once a hifi man...always a hifi man.....I gave my daughter £2000 worth of stereo and she prefers to listen to music on her phone...times have changed

I saw a programme once where some professionals from the music business (DJ, Producers, Engineers, musicians) were invited to listen to music on 3 different formats played through a decent amplifier and PA system in a theatre. They had vinyl, CD and high bitrate MP3 versions of the same tracks to choose from in a blind test and, I believe, everyone chose the MP3 versions as the most authentic reproduction.

I'm not saying I agree, it was very interesting though.

PS. They didn't bother with cassette ;)

Linn havn't. They've gone down the digital streaming route using FLAC files, and very good it is too. Naim are doing similar things, but you are right, they have started to produce a few ipod extras :(

I saw a programme once where some professionals from the music business (DJ, Producers, Engineers, musicians) were invited to listen to music on 3 different formats played through a decent amplifier and PA system in a theatre. They had vinyl, CD and high bitrate MP3 versions of the same tracks to choose from in a blind test and, I believe, everyone chose the MP3 versions as the most authentic reproduction.

I'm not saying I agree, it was very interesting though.

PS. They didn't bother with cassette ;)

That was on the gadget show. Utter ********! For a start, who listens to a hifi system in a theatre. I work in a high end hifi shop. I've done similar demonstrations for hundreds of customers and always got the same result.

1. Vinyl

2. CD

3. MP3

That was on the gadget show. Utter ********! For a start, who listens to a hifi system in a theatre. I work in a high end hifi shop. I've done similar demonstrations for hundreds of customers and always got the same result.

1. Vinyl

2. CD

3. MP3

You lucky bugger..! I always wanted to work in a really good hi-fi shop. But the nearest I got was an opportunity to work in The Sony Centre in London Road. I turned it down.