DVD to PSP

Lord Duckhunter

What is the best and cheapest way to put my daughters DVD's onto her PSP? We use Windows media player and from my limitted knowledge think that the DVD has to be converted to a format that the PSP can read. I've googled it and there's loads of advise (too much really), there's free programmes and ones you pay for. Does anyone know the best option, that is pretty much idiot free?

Are some of the DVD's protected because she has a lot of Disney and Hannah Montana type DVD's, the last thing I want is to buy something that can not bypass any protection.

I was thinking of getting a programme that could edit my camcorder clips, as the one that came with the camera is pretty basic. I know I'll have to pay for that, but prehaps there is one that could also do the above, thereore killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Any advise would be gratefully received (with the added benefit of giving me a break from a 9 year old, asking for help over and over again)

If you can get the raw file somehow (DVDRip ought to do it), then FreeStudioManager by DVD Video Soft does a good job. It's very multipurpose, lots of file conversion programmes and Internet downloading tools (such as YouTube download and YouTube to MP3 Converter) as well as dubbing, burning and ripping tools. Just put Free Studio Manager into Google, i'm sure you can download it at www.download.com, so no worrying about dodgy websites either!

EDIT: Just checked on my copy, it does have a DVD rip function as well, although it won't work with Copy Protected DVDs, you'll need to be a Russian hacker to get past that.