Photo Storage on holiday.

Lord Duckhunter

I'm sure this is obvious to most, but I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to this sort of thing.

I'm going away with the family at the end of the month and will obviously be taking my camera. I used to have a Sony one with an internal memory which held about 25 pictures. I would take a memory card and each night I would transfer the pictures to the card, ensuring that if I lost the camera or one of the kids dropped it in the sea, I would only lose a max of 24 pictures. Provided I didn't lose the memory card I would have most of the pictures safe and sound.

The old camera bust and I know have a new Cannon one. I love the camera, but it does not have an internal memory. Therefore I have a memory card that holds hundreds of pictures, but if I drop/lose/gets stolen, the camera I lose all the photos.

Does anyone know if there's some sort of device that doesn't need connecting to a PC/Lap Top, that can run off batteries/mains, that is secure and that I can save the photos to. Or a Memory card to memory card sort of device that would do the job. I dont want to spend too much money as I might as well buy another camera with an internal memory if that's the case.

Is there such a portable device, or is it cheaper to buy a load of memory cards and change them every couple of days?

Thanks for the advice.

The first one's out of the question, although the sort of thing I was thinking off. At that price, I'd be better off buying a load of memory cards and use a different one every few days.

The second one could work, but being a bit of an old women when it comes to these things, I'd be worried as to whether the photos had saved.

I may pop into a camera shop and see what they advise.

Thanks for the advice.

The first one's out of the question, although the sort of thing I was thinking off. At that price, I'd be better off buying a load of memory cards and use a different one every few days.

The second one could work, but being a bit of an old women when it comes to these things, I'd be worried as to whether the photos had saved.

I may pop into a camera shop and see what they advise.

Another option is to get a cheap reconditioned small netbook with a built in card reader so you could be sure you had copied the files over okay.