Valencia Grand Prix

Um Bongo

Vettel, Hamilton, Button. A handful of cars, including Button, under investigation for going to quickly under the safety car.

Kobayashi overtook Alonso and Algae on the last lap too.

Been handed 5 second penalties - so the podium remains unchanged.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8766250.stm

Re Webbers incident, I know they mentioned it in commentary but that's the 2nd time he's flipped a car after he did at Le Mans down the Mulsanne Straight and ended up putting it in the trees - although that was just the effect of airflow getting under the nose of the car at high speed.

I think giving penalties after the race is run, for an incident which occured after 1/4 distance is retarded anyway. Can you imagine in football the ref not giving a first half penalty, then after a 0-0 draw has played out giving it after the final whistle. Ridiculous, there should be a 10 minute limit on all penalties given by the stewards. If it takes longer than that to make a decision, surely the driver deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I dunno where they dreamt up a five second penalty from but I'm not complaining.

Yes, it's normally a 20 second penalty thats applied - which is roughly the equivalent time loss as a drive-thru penalty so 5 seconds is somewhat bizarre. Certainly Fernando was not a happy boy, although hearing his frustration did make me laugh.

Webber must be the luckiest man alive at the moment. My blood ran cold when that car slammed into the floor on Webbers head.

Also, Lolonso. Waaaahhh waaaaah! I want my dummy!!!!! :lol:

+1. Very glad Webber is OK. Very bemused at Alonso... Ferrari are clearly teaching him well, any trick in the book and all that. Never mind Fernando. We'll give ya a wave from the podium old bean.

+1. Very glad Webber is OK. Very bemused at Alonso... Ferrari are clearly teaching him well, any trick in the book and all that. Never mind Fernando. We'll give ya a wave from the podium old bean.

Problem is, it's further proof that cheats do prosper