Silverstone - British Grand Prix

St Landrew

Silverstone makes its first appearance as a new track, with the MotoGP bikes. With Valentino out fo several months, with leg and shoulder injuries, it means everyone has just a slightly easier chance to make a mark. Frenchman, Randy DePuniet, he of the Playboy LCR Honda, nearly took pole position today, only for a last minute fast lap by Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo. A shame, as it would have been the first satellite team pole for many a long season.

1. Lorenzo

2. DePuniet

3. Pedrosa

In the 125s, Brit Bradley Smith was finally pipped by Marc Marquez, after leading early on.

1. Marquez

2. Smith

3. Espargaro [Pol]

In Moto2, Brit Scott Redding was initially leading the field, but ended up 12th after several of his obviously better times were struck off, due to a directive that seemed to elude several riders knowledge. But then again, it was a new track for 99% of the riders, and of those who knew Silverstone from WSBKs and other events, their knowledge was of the old parts only. I expect Redding to do better, come race time.

1. Corti

2. Cluzel

3. Bradl

All the riders loved Silverstone, especially DePuniet, who said it was the best track he'd ever ridden on. I expect it's the long, fast corners that Silverstone has so many of. I can personally vouch for the excitement of long fast corners, having gone round one at about 105-110mph last year myself. I nearly ca-ca'd myself, so you can accept that it was quite a thrill. They'd probably do the same at 140-150mph.

All the riders loved Silverstone, especially DePuniet, who said it was the best track he'd ever ridden on. I expect it's the long, fast corners that Silverstone has so many of. I can personally vouch for the excitement of long fast corners, having gone round one at about 105-110mph last year myself. I nearly ca-ca'd myself, so you can accept that it was quite a thrill. They'd probably do the same at 140-150mph.

Bonkers:D

That was a Rizla Suzuki. Funnily enough, it is one of the slower factory bikes. Just managed to freeze the frame at the right point to see what it was.

Seen this one..? WTF was going on here..?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4ad_1262081216

Made me recall that in certain parts of the world, for example Columbia, I believe it is illegal to have two people onboard a motorbike, due to a history of drive-by shootings.