Windows 7 Starter

Pancake

Thinking of getting my wife a netbook as the laptop is on it's way out and she only needs it for email, web and the odd doc/spreadsheet.

Anyone here had any dealig with Windows 7 Starter? I need to know if I'll be ableto map a drive on the netbook to allow read/write to a share on the home pc via the wireless. I do this at the moment from the laptop, so I assume I would be able to do it - just not had any dealings with netbooks and wanted to double check.

Works exactly like you would expected Windows 7 to work (just scaled down with things a netbook won't need). So you'll be save in the knowledge that you can share all your files and such like over you existing wifi network and use it just like you would a small PC. With all the AV and Spyware issues you normally get. :)

1 Thing about the Ipad (and I was not a big advocator of it to start with) but having used a firends for a day (good friend) I actually want one because I see no point in a netbook for surfing and email and although it may be a bit more expensive you can see why in the build quality and operational needs. (example a real 10 hour battery not one that says 10 hours and then reverts to 30 minutes in a week like most netbook's do)