Company Car Advice needed

Colinjb

Hi guys. It's comming up to my company car renewel, and I have given the instructions for something:

Mondeo Sized

5 Door

Hatchback (or estate at a push)

Diesel

Baring in mind i want decent fuel economy, tax and NOT a new Mazda 6 (every other bugger in the company has one) I have come up with the following list. If anyone has any first hand experience with these models or can think of any better ideas, do let me know!

Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI PD Elegance 5d

Skoda Octavia 1.6 TDI CR Greenline 5d

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI ECOnetic 5d

Ford Mondeo 1.8 TDCI ECOnetic 5d

Ford Mondeo 1.8 TDCI Zetec 5d

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Zetec 5d

Volvo V50 1.6 DRIVe (Start/Stop) 5d

Volvo V50 1.6 DRIVe 5d

Volvo V50 2.0D Sport 5d

Volvo V50 2.0D S 5d

Renault Laguna 1.5 dCi eco2 TomTom Edition 5d

Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi eco2 TomTom Edition 5d

Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTi ecoFLEX ES (160bhp) 5d

Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTi Exclusiv 5d

Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTi Exclusiv Nav 5d

Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTi ecoFLEX Exclusiv 5d

Nissan Quashqai+2 1.5 dCi Acenta 5d

Nissan Quashqai+2 2.0 dCi Acenta 5d

Citroen C5 Tourer 1.6HDi 16V SX 5d

Citroen C5 Tourer 1.6HDi 16V VTR 5d

Citroen C5 Tourer 1.6HDi 16V VTR+ 5d

Peugeot 3008 1.6 HDi Sport 5d

Peugeot 3008 1.6 HDi Exclusive 5d EGC

Cheers for your help guys.

Colin - go for the best of that bunch - the Citroen C5 Tourer 1.6HDi 16V VTR+ 5d.

Always best to get independent reviews of course - and here are 8 :

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/owners-reviews/review.aspx?review=6148&model=1689&rid=100592&fuel=&transmission=&body=

I do like the look of that one, it may be pushing the price a little too far to be accepted by the Financial Director though. The Volvo V50 with Start/Stop is looking appealing right now. The Octavia is very much in there as my fall back option, as I know I will be able to get a very good spec one.

You've got some good cars on that list mate. The Volvo is a very good car of course - as is the Octavia. I like the new Mondeo too - well built & quality materials with a very good engine. The Company car mans' choice though - of course!

The C5 is extremely well made - good smooth engine - a big car - and the VTR+ has every toy you could wish for. It's the one on that list I'd opt for first - followed by the Octavia. I like the look of the Vauxhall Insignia but from what I've heard & read - it looks better than it drives & handles - which is a shame.

Edited by .comsaint

The Volvo V50 is too small in the ****pit compared to the others, I test drove one and kept banging elbows with the salesman & I'm only 5 ft 7!!

The boot on the Insignia is rubbish, all the sides are boxed in and the access area has closed in from the Vectra hatch which was massive.

If you don't mind the Skoda badge, you're getting VAG technology, design & quality without the price.

Anther one to think about is the Passat, basically the same car as the Octavia without the "image" problem of a Skoda (if you care!)

The Volvo V50 is too small in the ****pit compared to the others, I test drove one and kept banging elbows with the salesman & I'm only 5 ft 7!!

The boot on the Insignia is rubbish, all the sides are boxed in and the access area has closed in from the Vectra hatch which was massive.

If you don't mind the Skoda badge, you're getting VAG technology, design & quality without the price.

Anther one to think about is the Passat, basically the same car as the Octavia without the "image" problem of a Skoda (if you care!)

Octavia is based on the golf not the Passat.

• 1 month later...