"Marcus Evans looked at buying Saints"

Badger

This snippet,that he considered buying us before investing in Ipswich was mentioned in the Daily Mail today.I had not previously seen him mentioned with Saints.

Nothing too exciting in this,except it was in Charles Sale's column who is supposed to be Rupert's mate.

.... Steve are you admitting all of a sudden that people are interested in buying the Club afterall?

;)

I've never said that people haven't had a look, but then I've often walked past the window of various shops thinking I'd like to buy something in there but then never bothered to go back.

There has still only ever been one officially recorded "offer", the one from SISU. The silence from Crouch, Lowe and Wilde as to why that deal never progressed has been deafening.

I've never said that people haven't had a look, but then I've often walked past the window of various shops thinking I'd like to buy something in there but then never bothered to go back.

There has still only ever been one officially recorded "offer", the one from SISU. The silence from Crouch, Lowe and Wilde as to why that deal never progressed has been deafening.

didn't they issue a public letter?

I think they just thought/think that it was not a worthy offer ie there was no money other than money to buy the club.

Yes, to which I believe they received a private written reply, and also invitations to meetings with representatives of SISU.

I was one of the few at the time who wanted to understand more of the stucture of a SISU deal, most here just rejected it flat out as "asset stripping" without bothering to check that we didn't have any assets to strip.

I would be fascinated to see what the SISU deal entailed, even if it is just part of history. I guess it involved diluting or wiping out the equity holders which is why it was voted down, even if the capital injection would have been good for the playing side and club as a whole.

I was one of the few at the time who wanted to understand more of the stucture of a SISU deal, most here just rejected it flat out as "asset stripping" without bothering to check that we didn't have any assets to strip.

I would be fascinated to see what the SISU deal entailed, even if it is just part of history. I guess it involved diluting or wiping out the equity holders which is why it was voted down, even if the capital injection would have been good for the playing side and club as a whole.

Assets to strip - Staplewood, Jacksons Farm and the Academy Lodge.

How much have SISU invested in Coventry?

Even with the benefit of hindsight I gather none of the 3 amigos regret turning down the SISU offer even if they haven't taken the trouble to formally explain why.