You've got to be excited!

Pilchards

I'm definitely looking forward to the new season. I think we have a good chance of breaking a few records - most goals scored in a season, most wins, best goal difference, etc. Any others we might break?

LMFAO

Our fans cheer me up.

Can I have some of what you are having?

In 1977-78 not so good

1 20.08.1977 Brighton and Hove A home D1-1

2 24.08.1977 Stoke City away L0-1

3 27.08.1977 Mansfield Town home W1-0

4 03.09.1977 Notts County away W3-2

5 10.09.1977 Burnley home W3-0

6 17.09.1977 Millwall away L0-3

7 24.09.1977 Hull City home W1-0

8 01.10.1977 Sheffield United away L2-3

9 04.10.1977 Leyton Orient home W1-0

10 08.10.1977 Sunderland home W4-2 and we were sixth

But started playing better and got to third by the end of the year

And 2nd and automatic promotion back to the top flight by the end of the season !

LMFAO

Our fans cheer me up.

Can I have some of what you are having?

I always look forward to the new season. In the past it's generally been because I can't believe it will be worse than the one just finished, but this year the signs are pretty positive.

Just put the question out there about the opportunity to break some records as it seemed to go with the positive vibe of the thread. Any thoughts on what records we might break - apart obviously from the record low number of fans in debt to the club thanks to the removal of the installment plan.

I always look forward to the new season. In the past it's generally been because I can't believe it will be worse than the one just finished, but this year the signs are pretty positive.

Just put the question out there about the opportunity to break some records as it seemed to go with the positive vibe of the thread. Any thoughts on what records we might break - apart obviously from the record low number of fans in debt to the club thanks to the removal of the installment plan.

I am going to keep my thoughts about installment plan to that thread from now on.

As it happens, I really don't think we will walk this league. I think we will finish in a play-off position, and should be close to the top 2, but to expect it, like most people do, is foolish.

As it happens, I really don't think we will walk this league. I think we will finish in a play-off position, and should be close to the top 2, but to expect it, like most people do, is foolish.

Agree, I can't help but thinking we will fook this up.

Especially if we're not top quite early on, our mongy fans will turn on the team and we will crack under the pressure like we did this year when we had a good chance to make the playoffs.

No its not

it is...I would argue that even if we won the JPT again and pardew failed to get promotion, he will be sacked

if we went out of the cups at the first go and got promoted by any means..pardew keeps his job..

that is what I reckon anyway

Personnaly think we will finish second behind Huddersfield. That will do fine for me!

I dont know what all the fuss is about with HUdderfield, we turned them over easily at SMS last season and they were poor in the play offs against Millwall. They are a decent team yes, but no better than SWindon, Charlton or the three that came down. I think Brighton will surprise a few this season and i think MK Dons will be better. However, we should win this league, it doesn't mean we will but we should, if we dont win it, or at least get promoted then its our own fault, everything is in place to succeed.

it is...I would argue that even if we won the JPT again and pardew failed to get promotion, he will be sacked

if we went out of the cups at the first go and got promoted by any means..pardew keeps his job..

that is what I reckon anyway

Yes you are probably right but I dont really give a toss whether Pardew is sacked

I just want to go and watch the Saints once a month knowing that they are trying to win with a reasonable team .

If he cant do that he probably deserves to be sacked Leeds did well in the Cups last year and finished second

One of the 'things' that excited me last season was for the FIRST time in God knows how many years we scored MORE goals than we conceded. (Second in goal difference I think) So of course Pilchards is right. I'm excited by the mere fact that we will score quite a few goals - sufficient to get to the top and stay there.Come on Saints get positive!

I really can't beleive everyone is creaming themselves over Huddesfield.

Yes they will probably be up there, but just because they have signed Arfield and Naysmith doesn't mean they will win the league, i think our threats will come from elsewhere personally.

The thought of Saints being favourites for the league and the fact we buy half decent players these days, also it's nice we have two new kits soon to be announced and a chairman who's ambition is to take Saints to the top end of the Premiership.

Why all the doom and gloom?

Is it because we are becomming spoilt for choice these days and the fact some fans think they own this club...

I'm happy anyway and so should you.

Great post. For years we've waited for the moment the club was run in a professional way and there was hope at the beginning of the season - not of steering clear of relegation, but of real, determined and lasting success.

I am going to keep my thoughts about installment plan to that thread from now on.

Stop being so gay stueey, we will romp it, you have changed into a forum gimp.

would be foolish to guarantee it, but to expect it - or think its most likely - is only what the bookies think and they are not fools!

That's just another facet, of being a Saints fan, coming out in you, Stu. I think we can reasonably expect to expect to win the league. The owner expects it, the chairman expects it. No doubt, Pardew will know it is expected of him. He'll go for a fall back position of coming second in the league. But winning it will be the expectation.

So why shouldn't we expect it..?

I'm definitely looking forward to the new season. I think we have a good chance of breaking a few records - most goals scored in a season, most wins, best goal difference, etc. Any others we might break?

Most expensive booking fee in the football league.

Not getting promoted = biggest heartbreak?