World Cup Bets

saint_stevo

If in doubt, look at each of the squads on paper. France's squad looks excellent, they're just hampered by a retarded manager.

Not helped by the fact Henry and Co run the team and that is why big reason I wouldn't take 11/10 on France to win their group never mind the fact they have only won one group game in the last 2 WC's.

If in doubt, look at each of the squads on paper. France's squad looks excellent, they're just hampered by a retarded manager.

The same manager who had them beat Spain, Brazil and Portugal, and got them to the final last time.

(Not that I disagree about the retarded bit).

Have previously backed Holland for major tournaments but their defence just isn't good enough. England and Argentina as well as Holland are all horrible value. Spanish squad on paper is clearly superior to everyone else and they proved at the euros that they have what it takes. 4/1 might be decent value

Just had a couple of quick ones:

Top Goalscorer: Miroslav Klose - Germany @ 11/1

Stake : £2.00

Returns : £24.00

To Start In Goal vs Algeria: Joe Hart @ 8/1

Stake : £0.50

Returns : £4.50

Italy v Paraguay: Oscar Cardozo to score / Italy to win 3-1 @ 250/1

Stake : £1.50

Returns : £376.50

To Win The World Cup:

Germany @ 9/1 (£2 Stake, £20.00 Return)

Italy @ 16/1 (£2 Stake, £34.00 Return)

Brazil @ 9/2 (£2 Stake, £11.00 Return)

Made a few more bets today;

BRAZIL VS NORTH KOREA

Luis Fabiano to score anytime @ 12/1 (£1 Stake, £13 Return)

Brazil to win 2-0 @ 4/1 (£1 Stake, £5 Return)

Draw/Brazil @ 16/5 (£1 Stake, can't remember what it returns)

Wednesday Accy;

Honduras vs Chile - Draw

Spain vs Switzerland - Spain

South Africa vs Uruguay - Draw

That returns £13.50 from £1.

Then i've gone for a bit of an outside chance for Thursday;

South Korea to beat Argentina (£1 Stake, £9 Return)

Carlos Tevez + Ji-Sung Park to score anytime (£1 Stake, £17 Return)

Edited by SuperMikey

I reckon Mexico and Uruguay could give the French a hard time and at around 11/10 to win the group I'd be swerving France.

Good shout there.

When was the last time the favs all won the qualifying groups? So many people accum up the favs and think they are buying money. T'ain't that simple though.

As an aside just how much must the bookies be up already in this tourny? England 0 Algeria 0 must have been an absolute skinner for them. Then today's CERTAIN DRAW wasn't - even those not believing it would be fixed were mainly backing Mexico!

A 2nd road accy of all the favs to go through? Gotta be done ain't it! It is after all only 8 teams...

I've not been able to predict anything so far. Even had Torres as next scorer Mon night, then he got bloody subbed.

Have tenner on Rooney golden boot & Spain to win @ 45/1 with bet365. Also did a few top scorers (Tevez @ 33/1, Ronaldo...) Think only Ronaldo has scored. Only once in a 7-0. Arghhh!!!!

Got Gerrard first scorer tomorrow (bet it'll be Lampard as he bet on him last time). 3-0 result to us. COME ON ENGLAND!!

Also, Ghana 2-1 @ 20/1 & USA 3-1 @ 16/1. Unlikely but gotta go for decent odds! Didn't put much on.

Well, South Korea mucked up my accy today - could've won £40 which would have been nice Glasto money! Ah well.

The only bets i've still got going are Miroslav Klose for Golden Boot (11/1) and Germany (9/1), Brazil (9/2) or Italy (16/1) to win the WC.

Only got a quid left in my William Hill account as well, so i'll have to spend that wisely. Any tips anyone?

Well, South Korea mucked up my accy today - could've won £40 which would have been nice Glasto money! Ah well.

The only bets i've still got going are Miroslav Klose for Golden Boot (11/1) and Germany (9/1), Brazil (9/2) or Italy (16/1) to win the WC.

Only got a quid left in my William Hill account as well, so i'll have to spend that wisely. Any tips anyone?

Slovenia to win WC...

Also see you at glasto! I lost all my money playing roulette on bloody william hill so lend me a hamburger or something if you see me about

World Cup Matches Argentina v Germany

Argentina @ 13/10

World Cup Matches Uruguay v Ghana

Uruguay @ 11/10

Holland v Brazil

Brazil @ evens

Spain v Portugal

Portugal @ 10/3

Paraguay v Japan

Japan @ 13/5

Lost my group winners one, but won my group qualifiers one at odds of 67/1 or thereabouts. Had: Uruguay, south Korea, USA, Ghana, holland, Paraguay, brazil and chile. The problem is I staked 60p that I had laying around so won just over 40 quid :(

Rarely bet on football, almost never on long term markets where you either lose early or your money is tied up until the outcome in known. Had a few match bets as above purely for extra interest, otherwise the only thing I was sure of was that I didn't fancy France at all though the problems were there for all to see.

Certainly would never have predicted all 4 semi-finalists, Spain and Holland yes, Germany maybe, Uruguay never ! Somewhat surprised Spain are actually favourites to beat Germany though not at all surprised you can get 11/2 on Uruguay to beat Holland in 90 minutes.

What bets has everyone got left then? Of the 18 or so bets i've placed on this WC, i've only got Germany to win @ 9/1 and Miroslav Klose for Golden Boot at 11/1 left. Still, could net £44 off that, so COME ON GERMANY!

Where did you get those odds? I've got Germany at 14s and Klose e/w at 33's. Did a few bets with a mate on the Ladbrokes deal - bet 1 x £5 bet and get 4 x £5 bets free. Also on Villa at 8s, Spain 4s, Holland 9s. Pulled uruguay in the sweep at work and, the final bonus, had a few entries on the 'sure for men' quarter final sweep. Put the code on the can into the website and you get a team. Had about 10 cans (no bo problem!!) and, as you would expect, got my fair share of crap, but also pulled Uruguay and Spain. £15 each as they're in the semis. Beaten finalist is £25, winner £50.

Pretty happy with that lot...although had a few turkeys - Crouch and Robinho top scorers. Argentina and Brazil as winners.

Where did you get those odds? I've got Germany at 14s and Klose e/w at 33's. Did a few bets with a mate on the Ladbrokes deal - bet 1 x £5 bet and get 4 x £5 bets free. Also on Villa at 8s, Spain 4s, Holland 9s. Pulled uruguay in the sweep at work and, the final bonus, had a few entries on the 'sure for men' quarter final sweep. Put the code on the can into the website and you get a team. Had about 10 cans (no bo problem!!) and, as you would expect, got my fair share of crap, but also pulled Uruguay and Spain. £15 each as they're in the semis. Beaten finalist is £25, winner £50.

Pretty happy with that lot...although had a few turkeys - Crouch and Robinho top scorers. Argentina and Brazil as winners.

How long ago did you put those bets on? I did my long-term bets in the first week of the tournament, just after Germany played their first game so the odds were probably hastily reduced, but still decent anyway. I bet with William Hill.

I went around gobbing off to everyone before the tournament started about how England would be knocked out in the second round (I am football intelligentsia, you see) but never got around to putting any money on it.

Never mind.

How long ago did you put those bets on? I did my long-term bets in the first week of the tournament, just after Germany played their first game so the odds were probably hastily reduced, but still decent anyway. I bet with William Hill.

The day before the tournament started. Germany would have been a good bet, but......

Or not. :)

I've also got a 1) Spain 2) Holland 3) Germany still on.

Depending on the odds ( which I'm guessing must be 250/1 or more assuming you placed the bet pre tournament) and stake of course you could afford a decent bet on Uruguay to beat Germany. Assuming Germany win so your bet is still running then lay Spain for the final.

Depending on the odds ( which I'm guessing must be 250/1 or more assuming you placed the bet pre tournament) and stake of course you could afford a decent bet on Uruguay to beat Germany. Assuming Germany win so your bet is still running then lay Spain for the final.

Alas I didn't put it on until the group stages but fair to say that, for me, it's been a very good return.

Three of the staff I work with had a Spain v Holland final as well so our base is a happy place today.