The Show-Off / Idiot Prediction Thread

The9

This is the worst yet, not one of these things will happen. Couldn't be putting up with him looking to the stars for his dead ma everytime he scores.

Apparently it was the worst yet and none of them would happen. Who did france get in the last 16 then?

Come on, we've all got quirky ideas of what might happen, get them down here for maximum glory or utter humiliation.

Doesn't matter if it's group winners, score predictions, outsiders you think will make the semis or what. Put them here, or save the "I told you so"s for off the board.

I'll start :

• South Africa and Mexico to qualify from Group A
  • Holland to reach the semi finals (Denmark might beat them in the group though)
  • No goalscorer in North Korea v Portugal on June 21
  • Ghana won't score more than 1 goal in the tournament
  • USA and England will BOTH make the QF (and maybe further).

Wellll, I got Mexico right...

We'll see on the Dutch - they didn't lose to Denmark

Less said about the £20 I put on "no goalscorer" the better.

Ghana have.

USA didn't - can't say England look like they will either.

So, all in, the usual disaster. I was 15 mins away from the French getting no goals at 50/1 though...

Wellll, I got Mexico right...

We'll see on the Dutch - they didn't lose to Denmark

Less said about the £20 I put on "no goalscorer" the better.

Ghana have.

USA didn't - can't say England look like they will either.

So, all in, the usual disaster. I was 15 mins away from the French getting no goals at 50/1 though...

I think my favourite prediction was the no scorer in the North Korea Vs Portugal match.

England will win their group, play Serbia in the Last 16, win that, play France in the quarter finals, win that, and lose to Brazil in the semi finals. Final will be Brazil vs Argentina, Argentina will win.

Suprise team of the tournament will be Japan, losing to Spain in the quarter finals.

Biggest team to go out in the group stages - Portugal.

England did not win their group, Serbia didn't even make it through (must say I was suprised), France didn't make it through either and we're not on the same side of the draw as Brazil. COMPLETE ARSE.

Portugal did not go out in the group stages. Arse.

That said, Japan are looking good for the Quarters though, I stand by that...

• 2 weeks later...
England not to get through the group. Shock loss to USA, then win their second game only to concede a 90th minute penalty in the 3rd to see us go out on goal difference. Uruguay will be the suprise package making it all the way to the semis, with Diego Forlan winning the Golden Boot.

One out of three and another still on the cards. Should have put some money on it.