1st game of the season predictions.

bjk

Somebody tell me what day the first game is please. You'd think it would be easy to find on the 'net but no.

K.

I'd be interested to know how knowing the start date of the season makes the random prediction of our first game any more scientific to predict....;)

I'd be interested to know how knowing the start date of the season makes the random prediction of our first game any more scientific to predict....;)

Tea Leaves in the cup or even a trip to Gypsy Rose Lee on the Pier whilst on his Jolly's................ or perhaps his uncle is Russell Grant!:rolleyes:

Someone at home, we draw 0-0, this board goes into meltdown and Alpine announces all his worst fears are true...

A load of people who previously supported Pardew lie and pretend they were against him from the start. Another load say that Cortese is at fault and point to too much pressure being applied and team requiring time to gel.

Most of us sigh and put it down to our appalling record on the opening day of the season.

And eight months later we win the league by 20 points.

Saints Vs. Bournemouth, 25k crowd

Us losing 1-0 at half time to the chants of 'Scummers' and 'We're gonna walk this league' and 'We're going to Saints Mary's' from the Bournemouth faithful

Fulltime 6-1

to the chants of 'Scummers' and 'The ref was biased against us' from the 6 of the Bournemouth faithful, the other having left after the score got to 4-1 at 52 minutes.

Lambert 2, Antonio 1, Barnard 1, Llalana 2

The Bournemouth was singing We're going to Saint Mary's? Any one got a video link of this?

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3PmKALv2yA

Edited by dickyhale
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3PmKALv2yA

surley first game will be away (meaning last game at home) because our first game in this leauge last year was at home, pretty sure it always alternates

Doesn't quite work like that,there's never any correlation from one season to the next,it's just random.

I'm predicting away to Swindon or home to Leyton Orient.

I predict Cortese is in talks with the Football League at the moment negotiating the delay in releasing the fixtures, as he believes June 17th gives people far too much notice.

Cortese hopes fixtures will now not be released in the middle of August.

Apparently teams will have to pay a £3 fee should they look at fixtures online.

I notice the club are promoting their text message service ahead of tomorrow's fixtures being released saying they will send out the fixtures "after 9am"....am I reading this correctly in that they are suggesting that they will send out the fixtures to subscribers ahead of the official 10am announcement (that's the time it's normally announced isn't it?) or is this just a marketing ploy?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2071955,00.html

Simply text 'CLUB STHPTN GOLD' to 88442* and we'll send you our fixtures direct to your mobile after 9am on Thursday 17th June.

Subscribers will receive:

-First 4 fixtures of the season

-Boxing Day and key match dates

-And the last match of the season

Someone at home, we draw 0-0, this board goes into meltdown and Alpine announces all his worst fears are true...

A load of people who previously supported Pardew lie and pretend they were against him from the start. Another load say that Cortese is at fault and point to too much pressure being applied and team requiring time to gel.

Most of us sigh and put it down to our appalling record on the opening day of the season.

And eight months later we win the league by 20 points.

This

What are the chances we'll get H to Bournemouth, being as we have them after the first Saturday anyway? 1 in 43, or something, I guess?

I would imagine we will have Bournemouth on Boxing Day away, and home will be possibly Easter, or during the winter months. The police will have alot of say with regards to when the fixture is played.

Argyle are a bit of a mess. I know it's only June but I can't see a decent manager wanting the politics and the gates will really drop for them next year. I'm going to say 3-0 to the Saints assuming that we continue to recruit decent players. The threats this year are Hudds (who will get automatic with us IMO), Charlton, Sheff Wed and Peterborough who will have a really good go with Johnson in charge. Can't see Swindon being such a force this time.

What sort of reception do we think BWP might get (if he is fit of course)?

Franchise FC away. We have to listen to a week of that Nob-head assistant-turned manager telling the world that he has us all worked out and we were so lucky to beat them 4 times last season, etc etc.

0-4 Saints. Lambert 2 Hammond and as yet, unknown signing.

I, of course, was referring to the 1st away match for the benefit of all those boycotting SMS this season. :)