£3 Booking Fee on Away Tickets Too?

View From The Top

It's getting that way, but it's still unethical and morally wrong especially given the high price SFC are going to charge. A stamp costs 39p, an envelope costs roughly 10p. So that's £2.50 for doing no more (probably less) than a window sale.

would you have said it was unethical had they just put a blanket rise on all tickets by £2-£3 ??

would you have said it was unethical had they just put a blanket rise on all tickets by £2-£3 ??

The fair and ethical way of selling tickets is to incorporate the costs in the price of the ticket. If the club wished to add a fair p+p for postal sales I would not have a problem.

Stanley is upset as because he's a billy he has to buy singular tickets and therefore gets stuck for the whole £3.

Most of us have friends and so the transaction fee gets spread and often works out at a whole 50p!

The fair and ethical way of selling tickets is to incorporate the costs in the price of the ticket. If the club wished to add a fair p+p for postal sales I would not have a problem.

but this way, they are giving a chunk of the supporters a CHANCE to bag themselves a £3 discount...

then you are so twisted and bitter and claims court happy to see this

sheff wed have higher ticket prices, maybe their INCLUDE a booking fee but not advertised as such..?

Well then I know this may be hard to do but find 3 friends and all buy ...that works out at a £1!!!

One thing you may want to check on is one match a transaction ....you may be able to buy 3 home and 3 away if thats one transaction then £3???

Ok will leave this now as am bored by you and going to Tidworth for a footie tournament

I want to buy online/over the phone. I don't want to be ripped off for using this method of purchase. Is that really such a difficult concept to grasp?

It will be interesting...

The ticket office is a Cost to the business. On many occassions last season the ticket office was caught out as they did not have enough staff to cope with big games and walk ups. (How many pages did the JPT ticket mix ups run to?)

Away games are a pure COST to the club - Home teams keep all gate receipts rule (unless it has changed) so a Business Manager has decided to do something about those costs by charging a fee.

From a BUSINESS perspective this makes sound sense, but from a MARKETING & PR perspective it has raised valid alarm bells.

Now this is all well and good from a Business perspective, HOWEVER the really critical point on this (and with Catering) is that the money SHOULD be invested to IMPROVE THE SERVICE.

So if that means it pays for an extra employee or two to make the ticket office nearer to perfection THEN it can be justified. Likewise the Catering IF they put up the costs AND you can actually get a decent pint or burger at HT THEN it will be worth it.

Judgement on this will come down to that simple mantra and will give us a very clear insight into our future.

IF service improves then the increases are valid and justified, BUT if service levels stay the same or WORSE decline then it will tell us a great deal about NC.

Stanley is upset as because he's a billy he has to buy singular tickets and therefore gets stuck for the whole £3.

Most of us have friends and so the transaction fee gets spread and often works out at a whole 50p!

I do travel to most games on my own (due to my location) , but I always meet up with people I know. Big deal.

Oh, and Dune stop with the GCSE failed attempts at economics. If you want to compare the costings then you need to add in the following -

The Labour to place the ticket in the envelope. The 1/50th cost per individual game (inc cup matches) of buying, installing and maintaining the IT systems that you then access to place your order, the cost of consumables for the printers, you SEEN the cost of Toner Cartridges?

the cost of outsourcing the Call Centre, one phone call of 10 minutes is 1/10th of a minimum wage so that doubles your figures immediately

The cost of electricity, insurance, office furniture etc that the staff use to man to ticket office. etc etc etc etc etc etc

So, you have a valid point, but you demean yourself with economics that Unite would try and use

but this way, they are giving a chunk of the supporters a CHANCE to bag themselves a £3 discount...

sheff wed have higher ticket prices, maybe their INCLUDE a booking fee but not advertised as such..?

Do your research first DD.

Sheffield Weds tickets behind the goals are £16 - £23 depending on the game and whether you book online/offline. Ours are between £22 and £27

On the sides they are between £21 and £32 and ours are between £25 and £30

Sheff Weds have 3 categorys, and the majority of games will be in the lower categorys.

So we have more expensive tickets on a match by match basis than Wednesday.

so, if you go to the ground and get your ticket in advance, you have to pay the fee..?

I live 180 miles away so don't have that option.

That said, if I needed 1/2 ticket and wanted to save £3 I'd get my mum/sister/nephew to head over to SMS and get one.

If I'm buying multi-tickets then the £3 gets split so many ways it's no big deal.

Nevertheless, a £3 fee on internet sales is a c*nts trick.

Then use your limited intellect and get all your tickets together and pay only a small fraction on the £3.

The point is that the fee is wrong. You have said as much yourself. I know you have an agenda against me to uphold, but that doesn't change the issue. I live 150 miles away and in unreserved seated stands I find it most convenient to buy my ticket online/over the phone.

The point is that the fee is wrong. You have said as much yourself. I know you have an agenda against me to uphold, but that doesn't change the issue. I live 150 miles away and in unreserved seated stands I find it most convenient to buy my ticket online/over the phone.

The fact that you're an obnoxious neo-nazi holocaust denier has nothing to do with it.

With a bit of thought the fee can be avoided or negated. Either chuck in together and keep it low or pay on the day for the northern/midland away games.

It's not rocket science regardless of the moral stance on a booking fee for online transactions.

Dune, how would you feel if I told you we had the most expensive matchday tickets in the league, with only Brighton who have a similar pricing structure ( but a much larger cost of living and more afluent area ).

Also, only Brighton have more expensive season tickets, the Echo were wrong to print only the most expensive tickets for each club, and would have been better off printing the cheapest.

Edited by StuRomseySaint

The fact that you're an obnoxious neo-nazi holocaust denier has nothing to do with it.

With a bit of thought the fee can be avoided or negated. Either chuck in together and keep it low or pay on the day for the northern/midland away games.

It's not rocket science regardless of the moral stance on a booking fee for online transactions.

The problem with paying on the gate is that at some stage I may need games recorded on my customer number to qualify for other tickets, and paying on the gate in some instances may be more expensive.

Dune, how would you feel if I told you we had the most expensive matchday tickets in the league, with only Brighton who have a similar pricing structure ( but a much larger cost of living and more afluent area ).

Also, only Brighton have more expensive season tickets, the Echo were wrong to print only the most expensive tickets for each club, and would have been better off printing the cheapest.

I wouldn't be surprised - charging the most possible is imo how Cortese plans to run the club. Supporters in other countries would not accept it, but judging by the responses on threads by some (thanks for the pm support from those who don't want to put their heads above the tsw parapet btw) we as a nation of football fans that will just accept being ripped off.

but with a capacity of 31000 odd and an average home attendance of about 22K does any non season ticket holder need to book in advance for home games anyway? Turn up, pay your £22 and yer in.Can't understand this overiding need to have the precious sesame in your possession 3 weeks in advance.

but with a capacity of 31000 odd and an average home attendance of about 22K does any non season ticket holder need to book in advance for home games anyway? Turn up, pay your £22 and yer in.Can't understand this overiding need to have the precious sesame in your possession 3 weeks in advance.

Still a £2 fee for paying on the day.

still cheaper than sheff wed...they are about £32 on the day..

At least quote the proper rates if you are going to use this argument.... this highest category ( which I imagine will only be used for a couple of games ) in the most expensive seat is £29, the same cost as out most expensive seat.

HOWEVER for Car B and Cat C games they are between £21 and £26 on the sides. Our tickets are between £25 and £28 for these seats.

Behind the goal the prices are between £14 and £21 depending on the category. Ours are between £22 and £24.

So who has the more expensive seats? If you are going to put forward an argument, at least use facts to back it up.

Still a £2 fee for paying on the day.

oh yeah forgot that, seems that everyone has to pay extra or get a ST then, apart from the U8s that is, now if they made U8s pay £3 and scrapped the pay on the day fees and the booking tax I could see that being fairer all round. How many people take under 8s anyway?

Wednesday had sold 10,460 STs as at 1st June (when their deadline for discounted STs expired). Will be interesting to see how we match up with them.

Brighton could use the argument that their ground is limited capacity-wise and full up at the moment (c7k), so prices are artificially high. Of course, whether they actually reduce the prices when they move to Falmer is a different matter.

So who has the more expensive seats? If you are going to put forward an argument, at least use facts to back it up.

That has always been his problem and why it is so easy to make him look a complete and utter Gump!

That has always been his problem and why it is so easy to make him look a complete and utter Gump!

fuk you aids breath

LOL at people calling this stealth tax...it is the complete opposite

so, we pay less for the big games and more for the turd games..?

also, who has the most expensive squad/manager/team/wages etc..?

Edited by Thedelldays

The problem with paying on the gate is that at some stage I may need games recorded on my customer number to qualify for other tickets, and paying on the gate in some instances may be more expensive.

Not £3 more expensive though but fair point about the recorded games.

I don't like the fee (for online sales) anymore than you do but unlike you I've already worked out how to either minimise or eradicate it.

Still, best of luck at the Small Claims Court.

oh yeah forgot that, seems that everyone has to pay extra or get a ST then, apart from the U8s that is, now if they made U8s pay £3 and scrapped the pay on the day fees and the booking tax I could see that being fairer all round. How many people take under 8s anyway?

Corky & I take our u8's. :D

I'm loving freebie tickets for him.

Works out as £12.50 a game for the pair of us in The Chapel.

Of look, a giant big £3 fee, how stealthy despite it being so ******** obvious. :rolleyes:

I should have put 'stealth', because it's clearly not that stealthy, much like many of the taxes that were branded 'stealth'.

The fact is that they will advertise the tickets at one price, then charge another. It's a **** way to treat fans and makes even more of a mockery of watching football in this country. £25 for third tier football is a bit over the odds IMO. rollyeyes

Oh, and Dune stop with the GCSE failed attempts at economics. If you want to compare the costings then you need to add in the following -

The Labour to place the ticket in the envelope. The 1/50th cost per individual game (inc cup matches) of buying, installing and maintaining the IT systems that you then access to place your order, the cost of consumables for the printers, you SEEN the cost of Toner Cartridges?

the cost of outsourcing the Call Centre, one phone call of 10 minutes is 1/10th of a minimum wage so that doubles your figures immediately

The cost of electricity, insurance, office furniture etc that the staff use to man to ticket office. etc etc etc etc etc etc

So, you have a valid point, but you demean yourself with economics that Unite would try and use

You're the one demeaning yourself because most of those costs equally apply to window sales which carry no ticket tax. It's the cost of postal sales over and above window sales that i'm refering to and basically that amounts to a first class stamp and an envelope. If you wish to add outsourcing ticket selling then fine, but is the cost of this any more than employing an in house sales team? It might even be less, but it certainly doesn't warrant the £3 fee per order.

As an interesting comparison to this england are playing hungary at wembley in august, cheapest tickets for england members are £15, there is a £2.50 booking fee for total order. Cheaper to watch england than saints in the 3rd division.

Wednesday had sold 10,460 STs as at 1st June (when their deadline for discounted STs expired). Will be interesting to see how we match up with them.

Brighton could use the argument that their ground is limited capacity-wise and full up at the moment (c7k), so prices are artificially high. Of course, whether they actually reduce the prices when they move to Falmer is a different matter.

Everything in Brighton is marked up by about 20 or 30%, because of the area and the people in it. It is effectively central Londons prices. For example gym memberships, football, leisure costs etc all come at a premium in Brighton.

I am not too bothered about the booking fee... it's a bit p!ss takey when we are not having a sponsor this season " because we don't need the money " but its no real hassle as generally most people buy at least a few tickets, so probably ends up only a quid or so each extra.

Exactly. So we don't need the money that a shirt sponsorship deal could pull in (that would cover A LOT of £3 transaction fees), but we'll hammer a fair few people who for whatever reason by tickets singularly and/or live far from St Marys. Strange decisions being made to say the least. And wait to see how long the queues will be before home match days as people from out of Southampton try and buy their away match tickets.....

Why not just put £3 on the ticket price? This is stealth taxation worthy of the previous Government.

Because we have the second most expensive tickets in the league ( behind Brighton ) and by including it in the ticket would make us the most expensive... which is the first rule in marketing and sales... never be the most expensive.

So we do have the most expensive match tickets in the league.