For every "problem" there is a solution.....

MarkSFC

I'm not the one hiding behind his pc. You are unbelievably niaive. I actually hope that the instalment plan never returns so that people like you never get aST again. St Marys would be a better place without you.

And if you think "flexing my financial muscle" is why I have posted this thread and said what I have then you couldn't be further from the truth.

Why if that's all I wanted to do would I have taken the time and initiative to put forward "a compromise solution" to the club??

I will just bother with the last paragraph.

That's exactly what I have offered the club... a compromise solution.

Oh, and sorry to dissapoint, but I will be back the season after if no installment plan is installed... that's obviously as long as the prices don't shoot up again.

( although we think the season ticket prices are 'hugely affordable' ... in reality there are 7 PREMIERSHIP teams who have cheaper Adult season tickets than us )

So yes, they might be acceptable to us, what a nice bunch we are... but we are already paying Premiership prices to watch League 1 football.

I will just bother with the last paragraph.

That's exactly what I have offered the club... a compromise solution.

Oh, and sorry to dissapoint, but I will be back the season after if no installment plan is installed... that's obviously as long as the prices don't shoot up again.

( although we think the season ticket prices are 'hugely affordable' ... in reality there are 7 PREMIERSHIP teams who have cheaper Adult season tickets than us )

So yes, they might be acceptable to us, what a nice bunch we are... but we are already paying Premiership prices to watch League 1 football.

Go and watch the cheaper supposedly better option then? There are also a few league 1 and plenty of Championship more expensive.

Dare I even suggest that maybe the ground rent and policing costs affect ST prices?

Go and watch the cheaper supposedly better option then? There are also a few league 1 and plenty of Championship more expensive.

Dare I even suggest that maybe the ground rent and policing costs affect ST prices?

Brighton are in a completely different demographic and have a restricted attendance, so their prices will always be higher, I admit I don't understand why Colchesters are more. So there is two ( although I can't find early birds for Col Utd ).

I will go through the Championship teams tommorow... suffice to say though, our season tickets will come in the top half I reckon, maybe even top 6 for price.

Like I said though, on 'value for money' I have no problem with the season tickets, although looking at the prices of other club... alot of them seem to be doing as much as possible to encourage season ticket sales.

( I have looked at 7 Championship clubs so far, apart from Cardiff who don't have season tickets on sale at the moment, the other 6 all have payment plans, and funnily enough, all with Premium Credit or Zebra Finance )

And hang on a minute.... ground rent? :lol:

Edited by StuRomseySaint

But the "its people's own fault for not taking responsible control of their own finances" argument doesn't wash does it because people had every reason to expect they would be able to pay in instalments and thus had no grounds to budget for paying for their ticket upfront.

So no its not that simple is it.

I agree to an extent - I always used the free credit option, however there are other options. And anyway, those who rely entirely on credit facilities to fund anything, do not automatically have the right to those funds. Credit is an advantage yes, but it is not a God given right. The club has a responsibility to provide a good footballing squad that wins games and provides a good degree of entertainment - nothing more, nothing less.

Lastly, there is a credit crunch going on - people are losing their jobs and houses - people are sleeping rough on the streets and going hungry. And there are infantile whingers kicking up a stink because a football club has withdrawn a credit facility?!? I think a little perspective and humility could be put to good use.

I agree to an extent - I always used the free credit option, however there are other options. And anyway, those who rely entirely on credit facilities to fund anything, do not automatically have the right to those funds. Credit is an advantage yes, but it is not a God given right. The club has a responsibility to provide a good footballing squad that wins games and provides a good degree of entertainment - nothing more, nothing less.

Lastly, there is a credit crunch going on - people are losing their jobs and houses - people are sleeping rough on the streets and going hungry. And there are infantile whingers kicking up a stink because a football club has withdrawn a credit facility?!? I think a little perspective and humility could be put to good use.

Without repeating myself for the 100th time.

IT IS NOT A CREDIT FACILITY

I thought receiving something before paying for it completely means you are getting something on credit...or something along those lines?

Not sure how the installment system worked, but if you started paying in say June or July on a monthly basis you'd already have paid up front for the first handful of games in advance before the season has even started, so you aren't actually getting anything that you haven't already paid for.

Or am I completely off track here? :confused:

Not sure how the installment system worked, but if you started paying in say June or July on a monthly basis you'd already have paid up front for the first handful of games in advance before the season has even started, so you aren't actually getting anything that you haven't already paid for.

Or am I completely off track here? :confused:

No, I think for once you are pretty much spot on :D

I thought receiving something before paying for it completely means you are getting something on credit...or something along those lines?

No.

You have already paid more money on a pro-rata basis than the value of tickets for the games you have watched.

So it's not credit.

Council tax is not credit, your insurance premiums are not credit, your season ticket is not credit.

Your phone bill is credit, your gas and electric bills are credit etc etc

No.

Your phone bill is credit, your gas and electric bills are credit etc etc

wrong, your gas and electric bills ( and water) are not credit because 1) you are not credit checked before purchase and 2) you pay for what you use after using it because you and the company do nit know what you are going to use.

A ST on an instalment plan is the sane as something like a gym membership.

As the lack of instalment plan matters so much to you why don't you go proper public via the echo and tv, really get your point across. After all I'm sure the majority of fans who would like an instalment plan don't read this site. And by doing this you can begin your journey to new "face and voice of the fans" as I think you would fit in to the O'Callaghan,McMillan,Illingsworth mode very well.

Good luck

wrong, your gas and electric bills ( and water) are not credit because 1) you are not credit checked before purchase and 2) you pay for what you use after using it because you and the company do nit know what you are going to use.

A ST on an instalment plan is the sane as something like a gym membership.

As the lack of instalment plan matters so much to you why don't you go proper public via the echo and tv, really get your point across. After all I'm sure the majority of fans who would like an instalment plan don't read this site. And by doing this you can begin your journey to new "face and voice of the fans" as I think you would fit in to the O'Callaghan,McMillan,Illingsworth mode very well.

Good luck

Don't get pedantic. It is a credit, you use before, pay later, a credit, although law states you cannot deny someone a utility so there is no credit checks, but if people don't pay then a PREpayment metre can be installed, then it no longer becomes a credit.

Unlike Nick, I have no want whatsoever to be in the paper or on the TV thanks, I have complained to the club on behalf of myself. And pushed my point across on a internet forum... big deal.

Don't get pedantic. It is a credit, you use before, pay later, a credit, although law states you cannot deny someone a utility so there is no credit checks, but if people don't pay then a PREpayment metre can be installed, then it no longer becomes a credit.

Unlike Nick, I have no want whatsoever to be in the paper or on the TV thanks, I have complained to the club on behalf of myself. And pushed my point across on a internet forum... big deal.

It's not pedantic it's fact. You claimed in an earlier post that I am hiding behind my pc, which Im not, but aren't you doing the same?

You promote your opinion continuously and moan at people like Nick I (rightly or wrongly) but won't put you head above the parapit.

At least you did put forward a suggestion to the club. That's the only good thing you've done which sets you apart from the other serial moaners!!

It's not pedantic it's fact. You claimed in an earlier post that I am hiding behind my pc, which Im not, but aren't you doing the same?

You promote your opinion continuously and moan at people like Nick I (rightly or wrongly) but won't put you head above the parapit.

At least you did put forward a suggestion to the club. That's the only good thing you've done which sets you apart from the other serial moaners!!

It's not a fact, the only reason there is no credit checks is because it is the law that you cannot deny someone a basic utility. If you pay for something AFTER you have used it, then it is a credit. ( By the way, I happen to work for a Energy utility company )

I am not hiding behind my PC... I have met people off here who have taken issue with me, I have met people at the club who have taken issue with me... I just don't want to be another Nick Illingsworth and have no intention of speaking to any newspaper or tv/radio.

Look at the gobsh!tes that have been on the threads I have posted... I could not give a t0ss what people think about me, if anyone has issues with me, I have always said they can take it up with me in person... so hiding behind my PC you cannot say I do.

Stu

As we heard on the grapevine the cluib had been looking at a swipe card system which would also involve investment in new turnstiles etc. I suspect that is the main reason for the delay as this will now be introduced later... The removal of the instalment plan, is probably a late decsion based on the swip card delay to reduce defaulting on payment. In addition, They are also concerned about fraudulent entry with 'lost' STs' etc.... same as thers were hundreds scamming the club when we had the 'credit card STs'... now it might have been naive of the club to have such a system that was easy to defraud... but ultimately if you want to blame anyone for the reduction in flexibilty of STs in general and their purchase, its got to be that minority who feel its acceptable to call themselve's a fan, yet cheat the club...

Stu

As we heard on the grapevine the cluib had been looking at a swipe card system which would also involve investment in new turnstiles etc. I suspect that is the main reason for the delay as this will now be introduced later... The removal of the instalment plan, is probably a late decsion based on the swip card delay to reduce defaulting on payment. In addition, They are also concerned about fraudulent entry with 'lost' STs' etc.... same as thers were hundreds scamming the club when we had the 'credit card STs'... now it might have been naive of the club to have such a system that was easy to defraud... but ultimately if you want to blame anyone for the reduction in flexibilty of STs in general and their purchase, its got to be that minority who feel its acceptable to call themselve's a fan, yet cheat the club...

It's not. I promise you that ( I was going to PM you the reason but you are only a registered user ).The club have been previously looking at a swipe card system but the decision on whether to have an installment plan of not is completely irrelevent. They could have done it over 3 months, 1st week of June, July and August for example... all money would have been collected before the start of the season.

The reason for the delay and the short renewal window is intentional, I am absolutely 100% certain on that.

It's not. I promise you that ( I was going to PM you the reason but you are only a registered user ).The club have been previously looking at a swipe card system but the decision on whether to have an installment plan of not is completely irrelevent. They could have done it over 3 months, 1st week of June, July and August for example... all money would have been collected before the start of the season.

The reason for the delay and the short renewal window is intentional, I am absolutely 100% certain on that.

Ok Assuming the club have done this to maximise revenues from gate, do you have a fundemental objection to paying more if it means more investment in the team? For me this is always the crux,the balance between a pricing policy that is affordable, a team and performances that justify the price point and the chicken and egg scenario that the revenues dictate what we can afford. I appreciate that the communication of this change may have hit some individuals, but I suspect it is a minority and therefore the club has made thsi for business reasons - but is this really so bad?

It IS a credit facility because you are buying a season ticket for the whole year at a discount to the price of buying a ticket for each game. It is not the same as pay as you go or paying council tax by instalments. The real equivalent would be borrowing money so you could pay your council tax upfront and get a 20% discount.

Ok Assuming the club have done this to maximise revenues from gate' date=' do you have a fundemental objection to paying more if it means more investment in the team? For me this is always the crux,the balance between a pricing policy that is affordable, a team and performances that justify the price point and the chicken and egg scenario that the revenues dictate what we can afford. I appreciate that the communication of this change may have hit some individuals, but I suspect it is a minority and therefore the club has made thsi for business reasons - but is this really so bad?[/quote']

We have a 32,000 capacity stadium, they could have increased revenue by ensuring the ground is full each week. Will I spend over the odds to watch Saints if they 'invest' ? Not when we are in League 1 and turning a profit... no.

As has been said time and time again, it's not the fact the Installment plan has been removed, it is the fact that Saints fans have been deliberately bullied out of getting one... that is not acceptable and shows that Cortese thinks of Saints fans with contempt.

Saints are trying to squeeze extra money out of the supporters and blatantly trying to ensure as few people as possible can have a season ticket.

That is wrong.

It IS a credit facility because you are buying a season ticket for the whole year at a discount to the price of buying a ticket for each game. It is not the same as pay as you go or paying council tax by instalments. The real equivalent would be borrowing money so you could pay your council tax upfront and get a 20% discount.

Yawn.

They could have done it over 3 months, 1st week of June, July and August for example... all money would have been collected before the start of the season.

Paying In three amounts before 6th Aug, now there's an idea....it wouldn't and shouldn't have been at ££328 price.

I refer you back to my OP!!!

That's not credit, it's buying in bulk. Basically, credit is 'buy now, pay later'.