Installment plans cost the club NOTHING

StuRomseySaint

people do realise that our season tickets are cheaper than some other teams in this league - who don't have as good stadium or arguably players?

I dont think the price is why everyone is up in arms.Most of us expected a price rise and we will see another one if we are promoted no doubt..

Its the way us loyal fans have been treated that winds me up.

Fans charter?Your having a laff!!!

I dont think the price is why everyone is up in arms.Most of us expected a price rise and we will see another one if we are promoted no doubt..

Its the way us loyal fans have been treated that winds me up.

Fans charter?Your having a laff!!!

The price rise was unexpected, I didn't think that Cortese would have the nerve to claim having no sponsor is a gift from the club then put the season tickets up so the tickets to more than cover the costs of having no sponsor... but hey ho... it's the claiming the lack of sponsorship was a gesture from the club that annoyed me, not the price of the season ticket.

And yes, the intentionally restrictive way the season tickets have been sold has is the main thing that gets my goat, along with the lies and propaganda from Cortese.

think its easy to get carried away with fan power, doubt if its of interest to any CEOs.

You are a customer, not a custodian of the club - buy your ticket on their terms or don't.

They have dedicated fans (all clubs not just ours) over a barrel.

I don't so much defend Cortesse but get fed up with this romantic fantasy that they owe us and need to consult us.

I expect the season ticket sales will prove Cortesse right, if some who might of gone don't then he won't be too bothered, just like the Mayflower are not too worried if their pricing puts some off when they feel its right.

think its easy to get carried away with fan power, doubt if its of interest to any CEOs.

You are a customer, not a custodian of the club - buy your ticket on their terms or don't.

They have dedicated fans (all clubs not just ours) over a barrel.

I don't so much defend Cortesse but get fed up with this romantic fantasy that they owe us and need to consult us.

I expect the season ticket sales will prove Cortesse right, if some who might of gone don't then he won't be too bothered, just like the Mayflower are not too worried if their pricing puts some off when they feel its right.

I will keep hold of this post when you are paying £50 a pop in the Premiership in a few years time and see if you still feel the same.

Some of the people on here I will be watching their posts very hard, because there is bound to be a large amount of you that prove yourself to be total hypocrites when things start going wrong.

Like I have said before...

" on the pitch, on the pitch " - " w@nkers, w@nkers " - That was the day I realised how fickle and hypocritical our support was. This thread proves my thoughts were correct.

Can everyone just get over it, how about this for an installment plan, pay per game and you get a ticket for each one.

that is what I used to do when I couldn't afford to pay for season upfront.

It will soon be forgotten when signings and games start but not much else going on with saints at mo!

I will keep hold of this post when you are paying £50 a pop in the Premiership in a few years time and see if you still feel the same.

Some of the people on here I will be watching their posts very hard, because there is bound to be a large amount of you that prove yourself to be total hypocrites when things start going wrong.

" on the pitch, on the pitch " - " w@nkers, w@nkers " - That was the day I realised how fickle and hypocritical our support was. This thread proves my thoughts were correct.

of course I will feel the same - it will actually prove my point.

Can everyone just get over it, how about this for an installment plan, pay per game and you get a ticket for each one.

It's not just about that though is it?

I will pay per game unless I will the lottery, I will make a point of making sure I do less than 10 home games though so Cortese doesn't get more revenue out of me.

It's also the benefits you get from being a season ticket holder... like Bournemouth away for example... no season ticket means no chance of going to it. Non-priority for any Wembley/Play-off games etc etc...

Oh... and then there is the cost...

StuRomseySaint,

In case you think I think this was a great idea - I don't. I think it would have been easy and better for customers for us to continue with the plan.

I think it should have been communicated better.

I have never read a fans charter, and don't expect I will do.

I don't think that fans (apart from precedent and the charter) should expect, or have any right for an installment plan.

I would have used it if it was still in place.

I do not think it will have any significant impact on the crowds, season tickets or feeling within the club.

I expect prices to rise as we go up the leagues.

If I can afford it I will pay.

I prefer cheaper prices.

I think fans who start telling clubs how they should run their clubs are in 99% of cases an embarressment to football fans.

Edited by NickG

Like i said before to Dune, if we are playing like a club like chelsea and winning trophies then i have no problem paying those prices, i would imagine that the majority of the fan base do also.

I do agree with what you are saying about the fans charter and also the fact that they should have warned about the payment scheme removal.

I don't agree that the price rise was unexpected though, league 1 or not we have spent a lot of money and should challenge for the title easily this season. We also all want to have a sound and sustainable club so not to fall back to where we were, if this is what it takes so be it, unfortunately mate you need to be careful with the hypocritical angle, as in one breath wanting a sustainable club and now saying that the methods of getting one are not wanted is....in essance....hypocritical.

Normally mate, i do agree with you and normally i have a lot of respect for what Chez posts, atm though i think a lot of what you are posting is wrong, should NC have warned us yes, but no he has no commitment to providing affordable ST's and Chez being pedantic etc towards what is my opinion in an opinionated thread is just pathetic really, but on this occasion i will put it down to heated emotions.

StuRomseySaint,

In case you think I think this was a great idea - I don't. I think it would have been easy and better for customers for us to continue with the plan.

I think it should have been communicated better.

I have never read a fans charter, and don't expect I will do.

I don't think that fans (apart from precedent and the charter) should expect, or have any right for an installment plan.

I would have used it if it was still in place.

I do not think it will have any significant impact on the crowds, season tickets or feeling within the club.

I expect prices to rise as we go up the leagues.

If I can afford it I will pay.

I prefer cheaper prices.

I think fans who start telling clubs how they should run their clubs are in 99% of cases an embaressment to football fans.

Well I will summarise because I am going to have a 'life' tommorow and steer clear of this thread, I think I have said my thoughts a hundred times over so I will just summarise.

The club is in private hands, you are right, they can do what the f*ck they like, if it wasn't for the mass hysteria of love for Cortese than I probably wouldn't give a toss. But it winds me up and irritates me more that people cannot actually see the business model that he is building, and it is anything but a fan-friendly one... it's an aggressive profit making one... not a self-sufficient one... a profit making one.

I am not prepared to be ripped off in order to get us into a league that to be honest, I couldn't give a toss if we never play there again, I like proper football, Championship or League 1, away from all the Americanised commercial cr@p, inflated wages and egos and rip-off prices.

I am absolutely certain that the reason for no installment plan, no half-season tickets and a VERY restrictive season ticket window is to bully people out of having one. I also don't subscribe to the 'only 10% are on installments' . Nobody has added any other reasoning into why the tickets have been sold the way they are... people are quick to say " it's rubbish, you're wrong " but can't actually offer an alternative theory.

The club have given reasons for not having the installment plan which are lies... I have proven this through my own research, now the club owes it to the fans to explain the REAL reasons that they stopped the plan, either that or facilitate the installment plan I have sourced which is at no cost to them.

I think fans should have an expectation to be able to pay for their season ticket on installments if that is the way they have paid for it for the last 10 years, that's what people have budgeted for, people who say " well you should have budgeted for the full amount just incase " and " get a 0% credit card " live in a very unrealistic hazy bubble looking through rose tinted glasses... either that of they are pig ignorant.

I personally love watching Saints, love the banter, love the drinking etc... I want success as much as the next person, but at what cost?

Season tickets are not just about having a ticket to each game, they are about feeling part of the club, and having the benefits that go with it, be it priority for games etc etc... how nice it was last season sitting back feet up Wembley tickets in hand, whilst the rest of the city were scurrying around looking for spares. How nice it will be for STH's next season to have a chance of going down to Bournemouth for the game.

As I said, I am not going to go on and on in this thread so will leave it to all the moneybags to tell everyone how rich they are and everyone should have a Gold Card on 0% interest.

As I said on this thead...

It is common knowledge that Cortese sees Southampton as his baby, but it's about time he stopped treating its supporters like children.

Edited by StuRomseySaint

As in bold.

Well I will summarise because I am going to have a 'life' tommorow and steer clear of this thread, I think I have said my thoughts a hundred times over so I will just summarise.

The club is in private hands, you are right, they can do what the f*ck they like, if it wasn't for the mass hysteria of love for Cortese not sure much love, don't think he comes across as particularly likeable but most seem to think he is sorting the club out and heading in right direction than I probably wouldn't give a toss. But it winds me up and irritates me more that people cannot actually see the business model that he is building, and it is anything but a fan-friendly one... it's an aggressive profit making one. cheaper season tickets than elsewhere when could easily charge most in division, and others would probably expect us to be the most expensive

I am not prepared to be ripped off in order to get us into a league that to be honest, I couldn't give a toss if we never play there again, I like proper football, Championship or League 1, away from all the Americanise commercial cr@p, inflated wages and egos and rip-off prices.

I am absolutely certain that the reason for no installment plan, no half-season tickets and a VERY restrictive season ticket window is to bully people out of having quite possibly right, one. I also don't subscribe to the 'only 10% are on installments' .

The club have given reasons for not having the installment plan which are lies.what have they officially said?.. I have proven this through my own research, now the club owes it to the fans to explain the REAL reasons that they stopped the plan, either that or facilitate the installment plan I have sourced which is at no cost to them.

I think fans should have an expectation to be able to pay for their season ticket on installments if that is the way they have paid for it for the last 10 has it really been in place 10 years? surprised. But agree they should expect it until told otherwise, I do not think any could moan if they told a month or two ago. years, that's what people have budgeted for, people who say " well you should have budgeted for the full amount just incase " and " get a 0% credit card " live in a very unrealistic hazy bubble looking through rose tinted glasses... either that of they are pig ignorant.

I personally love watching Saints, love the banter, love the drinking etc... I want success as much as the next person, but at what cost?

Season tickets are not just about having a ticket to each game, they are about feeling part of the club, agree but we also now get a hefty discount which don't think we used to?? and having the benefits that go with it, be it priority for games etc etc... how nice it was last season sitting back feet up Wembley tickets in hand, whilst the rest of the city were scurrying around looking for spares.

As I said, I am not going to go on and on in this thread so will leave it to all the moneybags to tell everyone how rich they are and everyone should have a Gold Card on 0% interest.

It is common knowledge that Cortese sees Southampton as his baby, but it doesn't excuse him from treating its supporters like childrendon't think he has, if anything - without particularly wishing to get into another personal insulting session over a forum, calling him a pr1ck and saying you want lower crowds out of spite, you will deliberately ensure you spend less money etc, aren't the most mature responses to something you disagree with..

It's not just about that though is it?

I will pay per game unless I will the lottery, I will make a point of making sure I do less than 10 home games though so Cortese doesn't get more revenue out of me.

It's also the benefits you get from being a season ticket holder... like Bournemouth away for example... no season ticket means no chance of going to it. Non-priority for any Wembley/Play-off games etc etc...

Oh... and then there is the cost...

Stu, you really don't want to go to BournemouthWHO??? away. It'll be dreadful with no atmosphere and we're bound to lose to those idiots. I could easily get a ticket in the home end, but would rather listen to Merrington's drivel on Solent, which I have strangely found rather endearing in recent months.

Jesus 8 pages of this ********, have some people on here no life at all??

Stu if it means that much to you vote with your feet and don't attend games!.....but to keep going on and on and on, well frankly it is boring and tedious.

Cheers Barca but I fear that your sound advice will fall on mutton ears.

Because of another thread, I was on Colchester Utd's website this morning and took a look at what they were doing with season tickets, and interesting to see how different the approach is in many ways.

That said, no installment scheme was offered (although this was launched on 8th March with both L1 & Championship prices) - but they had half & quarter season tickets which allowed you choose which games (within limits) you could attend. Linked in with any season ticket was a membership with a host of extra's. One of these extra was a book of vouchers to be used within Colchester to get discounts at businesses not related to the football club. It seems that CUFC have gone out of their way to develop a relationship with buinesses in their local area.

Have to say, it was all well presented - I've included the link below. If anyone is going to contact either NC or David Luker then it may well be worth forwarding this on to them as an example of what other clubs are up to.

http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1n2xz/ColchesterUnited2010/resources/index.htm?referrerUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yudu.com%2Fitem%2Fdetails%2F137141%2FColchester-United-2010-11-Season-Ticket-Brochure

Edit: Forgot to say, no booking fee's on individual match tickets either as far as I can see

What information do you have at hand about the demographic of the people on the payment plan? Or are you just talking out of your @rse?

I will keep repeating this till it is blue in the face because some of you are showing yourselves up to having a complete narrow mind, either that or being stupid.

- The club does not carry any credit risk.

- There is not credit.

- The club does not pay a penny.

- The Saints fan pays upfront.

- There is no credit.

- It is not a credit agreement.

- The club do not pay a penny.

- It is not a loan.

USING A COMPANY SUCH AS ZEBRA, BEARS AN INDIRECT COST TO ANY FOOTBALL CLUB

You have part of the story, but far from a balanced view. When you look at the relationship between Zebra and the football club it is extremely one sided. In effect Zebra pay monthly for tickets at £15 a pop with no booking fee, just taking their set fee per month with absolutely no risk. The club has no advantage of all the money up front and the cost saving that is built into the season ticket, in effect selling individual tickets at season ticket discount.

What happens when someone defaults upon the instalments for season tickets? Zebra will send the offending holder a standard letter, after that it's all down to the club if they want to take matters further. The actual return on those defaulters will be low and mainly pursued for deterrent purposes more than anything else. When you have an unsecured customer base with no assets, you really are on a hiding to nothing. Let alone the fact some may feel this is a valid method for not bothering to go any more, if they feel the product is not to their liking.

I remember this being brought up at board level under Lowe when in the Premier and the volume of defaulters had a definite cost impact at that point. When I first heard of this, I was disappointed that the club had gone down this route. But after looking at the details of these instalment plans, I cannot understand why any right minded business would entertain such a limited and one sided deal.

USING A COMPANY SUCH AS ZEBRA, BEARS AN INDIRECT COST TO ANY FOOTBALL CLUB

You have part of the story, but far from a balanced view. When you look at the relationship between Zebra and the football club it is extremely one sided. In effect Zebra pay monthly for tickets at £15 a pop with no booking fee, just taking their set fee per month with absolutely no risk. The club has no advantage of all the money up front and the cost saving that is built into the season ticket, in effect selling individual tickets at season ticket discount.

What happens when someone defaults upon the instalments for season tickets? Zebra will send the offending holder a standard letter, after that it's all down to the club if they want to take matters further. The actual return on those defaulters will be low and mainly pursued for deterrent purposes more than anything else. When you have an unsecured customer base with no assets, you really are on a hiding to nothing. Let alone the fact some may feel this is a valid method for not bothering to go any more, if they feel the product is not to their liking.

I remember this being brought up at board level under Lowe when in the Premier and the volume of defaulters had a definite cost impact at that point. When I first heard of this, I was disappointed that the club had gone down this route. But after looking at the details of these instalment plans, I cannot understand why any right minded business would entertain such a limited and one sided deal.

70% of football clubs in England have some form of installment plan. This is proof in itself that it's a financially viable scheme. The only clubs that don't have them are the clubs which have no demand for them.

You lot keep mentioning defaults....... it is obviously not an issue of more then 60 football clubs in England would not use the system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeesh. Right,

What information of evidence do you have on defaulters and what the number is? Is there anything you can show me to prove it's not a viable option... I will raise you more than 60 clubs in England using this system... are you saying that Southampton is less affluent than most places and we have more defaulters and adverse credit people than Manchester, P*rtsmouth, Hull, Sheffield, Leeds etc etc etc....?

It works and it is a financially viable option. If it wasn't, the MASSIVE majority of football clubs who have a demand for the service, would not use it.

Right, off out for a run.

I expect the season ticket sales will prove Cortesse right,

Out of interest how many season ticket sales do you think are required to prove Cortese right?

My fear/expectation is that the sales will prove Cortese to be wrong. Of course if we then sell out St Mary's every week as a top-of-the-table goal machine team we will ultimately get more income anyway. But even if we do produce a table-topping team I think too many fans will already be out of the habit of going, although obviously crowds will pick up.

Bearing mind the figure (inc. half STs) of c12,500 last season, I would have expected something upwards of 15k season tickets for the coming season. Anything less than that would be a major disappointment in my opinion.

The club is in private hands, you are right, they can do what the f*ck they like, if it wasn't for the mass hysteria of love for Cortese than I probably wouldn't give a toss. But it winds me up and irritates me more that people cannot actually see the business model that he is building, and it is anything but a fan-friendly one... it's an aggressive profit making one... not a self-sufficient one... a profit making one.

I am not prepared to be ripped off in order to get us into a league that to be honest, I couldn't give a toss if we never play there again, I like proper football, Championship or League 1, away from all the Americanised commercial cr@p, inflated wages and egos and rip-off prices.

I am absolutely certain that the reason for no installment plan, no half-season tickets and a VERY restrictive season ticket window is to bully people out of having one. I also don't subscribe to the 'only 10% are on installments' . Nobody has added any other reasoning into why the tickets have been sold the way they are... people are quick to say " it's rubbish, you're wrong " but can't actually offer an alternative theory.

The club have given reasons for not having the installment plan which are lies... I have proven this through my own research, now the club owes it to the fans to explain the REAL reasons that they stopped the plan, either that or facilitate the installment plan I have sourced which is at no cost to them.

I think fans should have an expectation to be able to pay for their season ticket on installments if that is the way they have paid for it for the last 10 years, that's what people have budgeted for, people who say " well you should have budgeted for the full amount just incase " and " get a 0% credit card " live in a very unrealistic hazy bubble looking through rose tinted glasses... either that of they are pig ignorant.

Season tickets are not just about having a ticket to each game, they are about feeling part of the club, and having the benefits that go with it, be it priority for games etc etc... how nice it was last season sitting back feet up Wembley tickets in hand, whilst the rest of the city were scurrying around looking for spares. How nice it will be for STH's next season to have a chance of going down to Bournemouth for the game.

It is common knowledge that Cortese sees Southampton as his baby, but it's about time he stopped treating its supporters like children.

In time, should Saints be succesful, us fans will have the same arguments as the Mancs with Glazier etc. We will be priced out of going because it will be just too much for the average fan. Will Saints be able to lure the 'Prawn salad muching brigade' as Man U and Chelsea have? I can't see that but by then we will have been disenfranchised should Cortese ever decide to review his position.

I have a good friend, in his 60's, who has followed Chelsea since he was ten. He tells me of when they won the League in 1955 and then sadly talks of how the Stamford Bridge crowd don't know their arse from their elbow with regard to players. Why? Because they are corporate fans, those drawn there for a nice supper, fine wine and hopefully to shake a few hands in agreeing a business deal.

That's a frightening prognosis for our future as fans!

70% of football clubs in England have some form of installment plan. This is proof in itself that it's a financially viable scheme. The only clubs that don't have them are the clubs which have no demand for them.

You lot keep mentioning defaults....... it is obviously not an issue of more then 60 football clubs in England would not use the system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeesh. Right,

What information of evidence do you have on defaulters and what the number is? Is there anything you can show me to prove it's not a viable option... I will raise you more than 60 clubs in England using this system... are you saying that Southampton is less affluent than most places and we have more defaulters and adverse credit people than Manchester, P*rtsmouth, Hull, Sheffield, Leeds etc etc etc....?

It works and it is a financially viable option. If it wasn't, the MASSIVE majority of football clubs who have a demand for the service, would not use it.

Right, off out for a run.

After having a quick look at all those clubs with instalment plans, it is again not as straightforward as you would like to assume it is.

• Several of those instalment plans are over a period before the season actually starts. With our late requirement for payment covering most of those periods.
  • Other instalment plans involve being accepted for a credit card. Something you can do yourself and get an even better deal for a season ticket.
  • What looks like the majority of the remainder, require payments via direct debit.
  • Zebra mainly seems to cover the desperate clubs out there.

Looking at this from the clubs pov, we are not that desperate to go down the Zebra route and almost the other options can be accessed by individuals without the need of help from the club, cheaper to boot! Defaults are a big issue for some clubs, something that became apparent at a cursory glance and why the majority do not go down the Zebra route.

On a side note regarding booking fees, all clubs have booking fees. Just some include them as a blanket charge on all ticket sales. Which means that others bear the expense of the single purchaser over the multiple purchaser. Very strange that something which is inherently fairer, actually gets depicted as totally unfair?

Admin

Can you please check this hacking of this account. He said on two threads that he won't be posting today, someone has got into his account and been posting numerous times today.

Please, for his sake block this account until its sorted.;)

In time, should Saints be succesful, us fans will have the same arguments as the Mancs with Glazier etc. We will be priced out of going because it will be just too much for the average fan. Will Saints be able to lure the 'Prawn salad muching brigade' as Man U and Chelsea have? I can't see that but by then we will have been disenfranchised should Cortese ever decide to review his position.

I have a good friend, in his 60's, who has followed Chelsea since he was ten. He tells me of when they won the League in 1955 and then sadly talks of how the Stamford Bridge crowd don't know their arse from their elbow with regard to players. Why? Because they are corporate fans, those drawn there for a nice supper, fine wine and hopefully to shake a few hands in agreeing a business deal.

You know what, that is my exactly my point and that is exactly the business model that Cortese seems to be building.

Some people might want a team that competes with the Chelseas and Man Uniteds etc... I don't, I don't want the commercial bullsh!t that goes with it. If I was to choose, I would be happy for us to potter along in the Premiership, get into Europe every now and then and have a few good cup runs... I would even like the odd season back down in the Championship.

It is living in fantasy land to think we would ever be competing with the likes of Chelsea, Man United etc... the brand and the history is just not there, the days of little old clubs like Blackburn Rovers winning the league through a couple of years of significant investment are long gone.

Everyone is different, but I doubt I am alone in not wanting to be charged Chelsea prices for trying to be as succesful as Chelsea, which we all know deep down, is just complete fantasy.

Will I justify paying £50 a match or £700 or £800 a year for a season ticket to watch that? No, not one little bit... the things is though, there are plenty that will, unfortunately they all live in the corporate world and Southampton FC as we know it will cease to exist.

Admin

Can you please check this hacking of this account. He said on two threads that he won't be posting today, someone has got into his account and been posting numerous times today.

Please, for his sake block this account until its sorted.;)

I am back early Nicky, off again in a minute. May I suggest if you don't have anything constructive to say, then shutuppayaface? For the record, I am not talking about payment plans and the reason for the lack of them anymore... I think all the information is on this thread to come back to at a later date and say " I told you so "

We've got a fair proportion of those already.

I am back early Nicky, off again in a minute. May I suggest if you don't have anything constructive to say, then shutuppayaface? For the record, I am not talking about payment plans and the reason for the lack of them anymore... I think all the information is on this thread to come back to at a later date and say " I told you so "

so who was it on the other thread this morning using your account?

I wouldn't class myself as a football fan, I don't watch much football at home, I don't even have the Sports package on Sky anymore... the odd game that I do want to watch I will go round a mates.

I don't really pay attention to much going on in the league apart from our league position and the teams close to us.

Football for me is a social, meet the lads and have a few beers and a laugh, I am not too bothered about the 90 minutes, normally it's just a drunken haze, unless it's a midweek game.

On 36 minutes me and my pals make our way downstairs for a couple of pints and watch the final 10 minutes of the first half on the TV ( if it's working ) , sometimes we are back in our seats for the second half, more often than not the stewards tell us to drink up and we make our way up on 50 minutes.

Depending on the result, we are rarely there at the end, in quite a few cases, we are back in the pub before the final whistle goes... infact for Gillingham away, we were back in London before the final whistle went.

Yes I am a super fan.

For someone not that bothered about the match thats going on in front of you, why do you get your arse in such a cramp about things. Surely if SFC isn't being run to your satisfaction, why not shut the *uck up and spend the time down the pub with your mates. Clearly SFC comes forth in you list of priorities, behind getting ****ed, being chief apologist for thugs & whining on this forum. Ok it may be fifth on your list, I forgot about being a attention seeking t***.

Fwiw I think the arrangements for the season tickets this year are a joke, and will cause me problems. Both my lads have reached the age thresholds for price increases, and the 3 of us will cost aroud £500 this year, a lot to find this month, on top of of MoT & holidays. However I have been kindly offered the loan for the cost of the tickets, by my parents, which I have declined as I've gone down the intrest free credit card route.

For someone not that bothered about the match thats going on in front of you, why do you get your arse in such a cramp about things. Surely if SFC isn't being run to your satisfaction, why not shut the *uck up and spend the time down the pub with your mates. Clearly SFC comes forth in you list of priorities, behind getting ****ed, being chief apologist for thugs & whining on this forum. Ok it may be fifth on your list, I forgot about being a attention seeking t***.

Fwiw I think the arrangements for the season tickets this year are a joke, and will cause me problems. Both my lads have reached the age thresholds for price increases, and the 3 of us will cost aroud £500 this year, a lot to find this month, on top of of MoT & holidays. However I have been kindly offered the loan for the cost of the tickets, by my parents, which I have declined as I've gone down the intrest free credit card route.

You got one then. So what are you bleating about?

Jesus 8 pages of this ********

...but to keep going on and on and on, well frankly it is boring and tedious.

He "keeps going on and on" as he's put in the effort of doing the research to back up and clearly illustrate his points/issues (with facts), only to see his topic littered with uninformed and/or unhelpful comments and misinformation from those who've either not read (or comprehended) his original post, lack the basic intellect required to understand what he repeatedly keeps taking the time to try to explain (in perfectly easily understandable language); or are likely just trying to wind him up by playing the ignorance card.

(That is not intended toward those who do get his points and just have a different opinion, to which they are entitled, but those who, for whatever reason, seem to be either unintentionally unable to grasp the basic concepts Stu is highlighting, or intentionally ignoring them.)

I don't have an emotional investment in either side of the debate. I can't afford a Season Ticket anyway, and will just go to the games I can afford as often as possible; so I'm not affected by the lack of a payment plan option.

But, for the record, whilst the Club of course has no 'obligation' to provide such a service to its 'customers'; I think the way it has been handled is very poor.

To withdraw a facility that has been operational for such a long established period of time, at such short notice, at the very least, represents callous customer relations.

The way the Club have have gone about removing a method of payment relied upon by many supporters, reminded me of the immortal words of one customer I once had the misfortune to have to inform his account was being terminated (at short notice), who, before slamming down the phone, stated:

"Your standards of customer service are F*CKING APPALLING!!!"

I agreed with him.

And I agree with Stu now.

(Just for the record, I don't intend to pass further comment on the topic, so please do not expect a reply should decide to quote me. I have no desire to involve myself with 'arguments' or debates; I'm simply stating my opinion and moving on, as is my way.)

I assume there is a cost - in staff time to process the applications?

If people are really that upset perhaps they should start supporting Bournemouth?....What? They have no installment plan and their STs are actually more expensive?

homer_doh.gif

I must admit, it does sound a little daft. We have pensioners et al who would certainly benefit from such a scheme. Surely the Club can give a little on this?

Edited by SaintRobbie

I assume there is a cost - in staff time to process the applications?

If people are really that upset perhaps they should start supporting Bournemouth?....What? They have no installment plan and their STs are actually more expensive?

I must admit, it does sound a little daft. We have pensioners et al who would certainly benefit from such a scheme. Surely the Club can give a little on this?

It does not cost the club anything... what part of that don't you understand? The application is between the customer and Zebra/Premium Credit... what part of that don't you understand? Zebra/Premium process the application, administrate it and collect the premiums... what part of that don't you understand?

Bournemouth don't have the demand for a payment plan and have not had one for the last several years. We do and have.

Anyway.... it's Monday now, a week since the announcement and there has been sufficiant outrage amoungst fans to warrant a statement from the Chairman... I wonder if we will get one?

That will prove how fan friendly our club is...

There are still people harping on about it. I thought menstruation only lasted for 1 week a month. Obviously not.

If it doesn't bother you, why do you even look at this thread?

It's pretty obvious what it's about and it's pretty retarded to open a thread that you have no interest in, and even more retarded to feel the need to comment on it, would you not agree?

Unbelievable all this. This time last year it was looking very much like the end of Southampton FC. If someone had said in 12 months time the biggest thing you'll have to worry about with Saints is a lack of an installment plan policy on ST's then I think I might just have taken that.

Yes it could have been handled/managed better but lets keep in perspective and remember how we've moved on as a club in the last 12 months and not try to jeopardise that progress

If someone had said 12 months ago then we wouldn't be having this discussion. A lot of the issue is that the problem could have been completely avoided with earlier notice of the change allowing people to find the money in plenty of time and budget efficiently, and that's also the reasoning for people thinking the club are choosing to maximise on the day payments - because if they WANTED, they could have told people and they wouldn't have been forced into scrambling to find other payment methods.

If someone had said 12 months ago then we wouldn't be having this discussion. A lot of the issue is that the problem could have been completely avoided with earlier notice of the change allowing people to find the money in plenty of time and budget efficiently, and that's also the reasoning for people thinking the club are choosing to maximise on the day payments - because if they WANTED, they could have told people and they wouldn't have been forced into scrambling to find other payment methods.

Exactly, it's not the issue of removing the payment plan, if they had told us in March or April there wasn't going to be one then it wouldn't be an issue and although it would still be bad customer service and showing a lack of care towards the lower income Saints fans, they would at least have time to find alternative methods.

The issue is the club have deliberately chosen to remove the payment plan and severely restrict the buying window to maximise their pay on the day income... hence the charges and surcharges which have been added to that revenue stream too.

You are right... the could could have let Saints fans know months ago if they wanted to... they didn't want to. Now to me, that is just mugging off Saints fans and show's absolutely no care about the customer.

The people that can't see it and still live in the 'we can't say anything against Cortese because he saved us' will end up with the club they deserve... which is one that looks to exploit the fan at any given opportunity to maximise revenue.

If you are happy with that then fine, I am not and have decided to take a stand against it. So shoot me...

Anyway.... it's Monday now, a week since the announcement and there has been sufficiant outrage amoungst fans to warrant a statement from the Chairman... I wonder if we will get one?

That will prove how fan friendly our club is...

If you're looking for the NC to make an public statement based on whats been in the Echo & on this site as the sufficient outrage then don't hold your breath. We've already seen from the non-comments over Pardews future that getting the club to comment is nigh on impossible.

What I would suspect is that NC or David Luker respond to any correspondance sent directly to them (including email) and we've seen that David Luker certainly has in the past - even if the responses are towing the party line. From reading your input into this thread, I believe you were going to forward the details of the Zebra scheme to the club - can you confirm that you have done this? That does then throw the ball into the clubs court.

Exactly, it's not the issue of removing the payment plan, if they had told us in March or April there wasn't going to be one then it wouldn't be an issue and although it would still be bad customer service and showing a lack of care towards the lower income Saints fans, they would at least have time to find alternative methods.

The issue is the club have deliberately chosen to remove the payment plan and severely restrict the buying window to maximise their pay on the day income... hence the charges and surcharges which have been added to that revenue stream too.

You are right... the could could have let Saints fans know months ago if they wanted to... they didn't want to. Now to me, that is just mugging off Saints fans and show's absolutely no care about the customer.

The people that can't see it and still live in the 'we can't say anything against Cortese because he saved us' will end up with the club they deserve... which is one that looks to exploit the fan at any given opportunity to maximise revenue.

If you are happy with that then fine, I am not and have decided to take a stand against it. So shoot me...

Well done to our own reisdent Danny Dyer for getting 'mugging off' included in his rant.

Have you considered asking Cortese to jog on?

I can't believe someone who has absolutely no interest whatsoever in football is putting so much effort into moaning about the removing of the installment payment plan for s/ts.....

If you're looking for the NC to make an public statement based on whats been in the Echo & on this site as the sufficient outrage then don't hold your breath. We've already seen from the non-comments over Pardews future that getting the club to comment is nigh on impossible.

What I would suspect is that NC or David Luker respond to any correspondance sent directly to them (including email) and we've seen that David Luker certainly has in the past - even if the responses are towing the party line. From reading your input into this thread, I believe you were going to forward the details of the Zebra scheme to the club - can you confirm that you have done this? That does then throw the ball into the clubs court.

There was 30-40 complaints in the Echo postbag that were published, and I have no doubt more that weren't.

The club would have been inundated with complaints from people by email/phone... enough people on here have stated that they have contacted the club.

The club read the forums... it's obvious to anyone that the club have ******ed off a large section of our support.

AND

Their excuse that has been the official line of " it costs too much to administrate " has been to be completely made up.

So yes, I think that the club should at least explain their actions in public... I don't expect them too though, the fans are now not important to the club, the money is.

And yes the club were made aware last week of Zebra Finance.

Well done to our own reisdent Danny Dyer for getting 'mugging off' included in his rant.

I can't believe someone who has absolutely no interest whatsoever in football is putting so much effort into moaning about the removing of the installment payment plan for s/ts.....

Whether that last bit is true or not, at least Stu is standing up for what he believes in. As he stated, its about the lack of communication between the club & its fans. Now whilst I don't fully agree with Stu around the clubs motives, I do agree that feedback needs to be given to the club to say what they have done (and how it was done) has had a negative reaction with a section of the fanbase which may have implications on the clubs revenue stream. As fans, we also need to know about changes that will have an impact on us - that didn't happen this time.

Email SaintsWeb and you can get my contact details off Steve Grant, including my phone number as you seem to want to talk to me in most of your 3 daily posts, so allow me to give you the opportunity of talking like adults. I understand that you only have 3 posts a day as £5 is a bit too much of a hit to take out of your giro... you seem a bit obsessed with me.

Whether that last bit is true or not, at least Stu is standing up for what he believes in. As he stated, its about the lack of communication between the club & its fans. Now whilst I don't fully agree with Stu around the clubs motives, I do agree that feedback needs to be given to the club to say what they have done (and how it was done) has had a negative reaction with a section of the fanbase which may have implications on the clubs revenue stream. As fans, we also need to know about changes that will have an impact on us - that didn't happen this time.

Not to mention why they breached their own fans charter which stated that Saints fans would be consulted in any future season ticket pricing etc... what's the point spending all that money on literature and making up a charter, only to not even follow it?

Email SaintsWeb and you can get my contact details off Steve Grant, including my phone number as you seem to want to talk to me in most of your 3 daily posts, so allow me to give you the opportunity of talking like adults. I understand that you only have 3 posts a day as £5 is a bit too much of a hit to take out of your giro... you seem a bit obsessed with me.

Hmmm, obsessed eh? That would be someone who bangs on and on (and on) about the same things over and over again? Kinda like someone who continually posts about the Saints Trust and now continually posts about the removal of the installment plan? Yep, that would be obsessed.

Personally I think 3 posts a day is a very good daily quote, anything more and there is the tendency to end up like you, posting message after message of utter pointlessness.

Why don't you go the whole hog and just post your mobile number on here and complete the final stage in your transformation into the next Richard Chorley!

As I said, no one can take your stance on this seriously as you have no interest at all in football.

Hmmm, obsessed eh? That would be someone who bangs on and on (and on) about the same things over and over again? Kinda like someone who continually posts about the Saints Trust and now continually posts about the removal of the installment plan? Yep, that would be obsessed.

Personally I think 3 posts a day is a very good daily quote, anything more and there is the tendency to end up like you, posting message after message of utter pointlessness.

Why don't you go the whole hog and just post your mobile number on here and complete the final stage in your transformation into the next Richard Chorley!

As I said, no one can take your stance on this seriously as you have no interest at all in football.

I think I will put you on ignore now, you really are a tedious troll.