Installment plans cost the club NOTHING

StuRomseySaint

One more time... Zebra Finance is not a credit company, therefore being blacklisted is completely irrelevent.

Let's move away from the payment plan for one minute.

Why the lack of half season tickets? It's nothing to do with credit, or payment plans or administration or anything else.

I think it is fair to say the reason is based on the following...

Cortese knows that for the second half of the season, if we are top and cruising to a championship, we will be getting large gates and the people who would have normally buy the season tickets, will spend their money on a match by match basis if that facility is withdrawn.

It's another way of hitting fans in the pocket.

If anyone can give me another reason why they might have been withdrawn I will happily listen to it...

You're probably right regarding the half season tickets - but so what? If the club would rather sell match tickets than pander to JCL's it's their choice.

On the other hand, all of these payment plans end up with the club coughing up when the odd cheating fan stops his payments. While I think advance notice should have been given I can understand that the club wants out of these schemes.

I would imagine that if he had been running an installment plan for away coach travel for a decade, which 10% of his customer base had come to rely on over that period of time, he'd be pretty foolish to abolish it without giving any notice to those customers...

And in this particular case, his customers could easily use an alternative travel company, unlike the scenario you're trying (and failing) to compare it to.

we have notice..like i said

effectively 3 paydays to cover a ST price..not ideal, hardly the end of the world

I would imagine that if he had been running an installment plan for away coach travel for a decade, which 10% of his customer base had come to rely on over that period of time, he'd be pretty foolish to abolish it without giving any notice to those customers...

And in this particular case, his customers could easily use an alternative travel company, unlike the scenario you're trying (and failing) to compare it to.

Steve - is it OK if I pay £1 down for a years membership. I'll give you the rest next week (unless I forget of course).

Right, I can't afford a season ticket this season as I can't afford another 600 pound to spend on train tickets to and from London as well as buying a house. But I don't blame Southampton. It's a choice I have to make. What would happen to all these people if their washing machones packed up? They wouldn't buy another one? Or they would find a way? If they are that close to the edge they really should be saving for contingency situations like this. Perhaps they could stop the Sky subscription. Either way, there HAS to be a reason that they have done this, or essentially people are saying that NC has more contempt for those that are fiscally challenged than Mr 'arrogant' himself. If that's the case, why don't you all march through the streets of Southampton to rid us of this wicked man.

Trust me when I say you can get CCJ's cleared from an address, as I had to do it, just takes a bit of effort.

Look we can both argue our different points of view,until the cows come home,but at the end of the day it boils down to the club treating fans with contempt.

Personally my wife and i will find the money and get a ST.But there were people in our group who were relying on the installment plan who wont now go.These new fans would have gone to every home game because they have already paid for it,including all those mid-week games that are usually poorly attended.Now they will cherry pick their games,so the club losses out on money from programmes,beer,food etc.

Like i said previously,i like ML and NC,but i think a lot of fans now feel alienated by the club through no fault of their own.

Steve - is it OK if I pay £1 down for a years membership. I'll give you the rest next week (unless I forget of course).

I would imagine this is the logic used by Cortese, but a thousand pounds for him and his family is peanuts.

Is this still rumbling on. What a bunch of moaning, whinging idiots. I agree, they should have let people know sooner, but this immense fuss is ridiculous. Get a credit card. Arrange an overdraft. Seriously, with all they've done/are going to do, we must look like such ungrateful ****s. If your that close to not being able to afford one up front, with all the options available, perhaps you shouldn't be getting a season ticket, as you should obviously spend your money on something else. Just wait for the 10k tax change and then use that money to pay any interest.

But overall, above everything else, just stfu. I bet NC and ML can't believe the fans they've invested in.

Good post

Stu Im trying to get my head around what you are expecting. Zebra collect the money and get commission/administration fee. Who pays these fees ? The s/t holder or SFC ?

Would you be happy if the club ran the installment plan but charged a £50-100 admin fee?

Or is the principle no interest/finance but at face value only?

Zebra collect the money, for example, say the season ticket is £360 over 6 months is £60 a month to the club, the repayment fee might be £65 a month.

£60 a month to the club, £5 a month to Zebra finance for example.

It is not different to paying your Insurance premiums on a monthly basis, any reasonable person would expect to pay interest or an administration fee.

If people don't want to pay interest then the option is there to pay up front or not at all.

However 99% of people will understand that to pay in installments, there is an extra cost.

Zebra offer bespoke packages and each clubs installment plans are different, I have just highlighted some of the schemes which involve no cost to SFC.

I and many people would be more than happy to cover the cost to Zebra finance if it meant we could have a payment plan.

I would be surprised if anyone else relying on the payment plan could honestly say any different.

You're probably right regarding the half season tickets - but so what? If the club would rather sell match tickets than pander to JCL's it's their choice.

On the other hand, all of these payment plans end up with the club coughing up when the odd cheating fan stops his payments. While I think advance notice should have been given I can understand that the club wants out of these schemes.

The club do not cough up a penny with regards to defaulters, the agreement is between Zebra finance and the customer ( Saints fan ), when a fan defaults, Zebra/Premium attempt to collect the payment and chase it up, if they are unsuccesful the account is passed back to the club who send a letter/make a call stating the remaining sum needs to be paid in full or they have to ( by law ) surrender their season ticket.

I would bet my last dollar that the amount of people who default is minimal, seriously, why would Saints fans default on the payments and then blag their way in to Saints matches? It's not hard to police the few that do.

There is no financial risk to SFC, none whatsoever... there is only the risk that a very small number of people might default and still try to use their season ticket... and the numbers are going to be insignificant compared to how many 'duplicates' are floating about by people phoning up and saying they have lost their season ticket.

took a trip up to new forest with missus, came back to find the same tripe being spouted. Someone needs to get the message across, too much keyboard time not too good! The lengths the usual susects go to to make sure they have last word... wasting your life away chaps? or is it fruitcakes...

Are you lot still going on??? This place is for fruits.

Seriously Kip, congratulations on being able to afford your season ticket upfront...

Would you like a Blue Peter Badge?

Seriously, stop being such a chump, there are hundreds of Saints fans who have been shafted by the club by removing the payment plan, and the reasoning the club have given is b*llocks, as I have clearly proven.

If the club can give an honest reason as to why they have been removed then maybe people will accept it.

Every single well supported club has a payment plan... why not us? Are we wrong not to ask for one?

took a trip up to new forest with missus, came back to find the same tripe being spouted. Someone needs to get the message across, too much keyboard time not too good! The lengths the usual susects go to to make sure they have last word... wasting your life away chaps? or is it fruitcakes...

I had a lovely evening too... skipped the walk and went to a nice pub in Nomansland instead, The Lamb, lovely pub. Would it surprise you if I said we discussed the pro's and cons of Cortese and the needless lack of a payment plan for alot of the night?

most think it should still be available, most think the club should have informed us of their plans earlier, most think its a shame, most remember the principal of a season ticket is you pay upfront.

I honestly doubt it will cost many tickets - with other options for interest free payments etc.

It may be a wrong decision, but as you say yourself, if the ground is full of full paying fans then it is a good decision for the financial running of the club.

Unbelievable all this. This time last year it was looking very much like the end of Southampton FC. If someone had said in 12 months time the biggest thing you'll have to worry about with Saints is a lack of an installment plan policy on ST's then I think I might just have taken that.

Yes it could have been handled/managed better but lets keep in perspective and remember how we've moved on as a club in the last 12 months and not try to jeopardise that progress

This time last year it was looking very much like the end of Southampton FC. If someone had said in 12 months time the biggest thing you'll have to worry about with Saints is a lack of an installment plan policy on ST's

...I would have said it was somebody's idea of a sick joke

Unbelievable all this. This time last year it was looking very much like the end of Southampton FC. If someone had said in 12 months time the biggest thing you'll have to worry about with Saints is a lack of an installment plan policy on ST's then I think I might just have taken that.

Yes it could have been handled/managed better but lets keep in perspective and remember how we've moved on as a club in the last 12 months and not try to jeopardise that progress

Again, is it not possible to be grateful for everything Markus has done yet question decisions/criticise when it is felt necessary? Even if you disagree, it is clear that for many saints fans this is a big deal so surely the best thing is to negotiate some sort of compromise.

Reeeey, check it out, another billy big balls flexing his financial muscle on this thread.

Can none of you understand that a large section of our support have been shafted by the club and prevented from getting a season ticket by the club by forceful and bullying tactics, deliberately delaying the announcement of the season tickets and notice of the payment plan being removed in order to force a number of our support to have to pay on a game by game basis?

There is no other reason that they don't offer the payment plan other than taking the punt the people they have forced out of paying in installments will pay the premium price on a game by game basis and earn them a bit more cash.

Would be nice if the people who are lucky enough to have the money to pay upfront could at least support the people who rely on the payment plan and have been mugged off by SFC to help force SFC in to reinstating the payment plan.

But no, why would that happen? Just about sums up our retarded support.

I seriously can't believe that people can sit back and applaud the club adding charges and removing benefits... why? Seriously... on a final point before I hit the hay...

You reap what you sow. If you allow all these extra charges to be applied now and the benefits of payment plans etc to be removed with no reason then you will get the club you want...

Come the Premiership in a few years you will be paying season ticket prices which make P*mpeys look insignificant, £600 or £700, and of course no payment plan, meaning the vast majority of Saints fans will be having to find £50 every other Saturday to watch Saints. Will you be applauding Cortese then?

Like I said....

You reap what you sow.

Again, is it not possible to be grateful for everything Markus has done yet question decisions/criticise when it is felt necessary? Even if you disagree, it is clear that for many saints fans this is a big deal so surely the best thing is to negotiate some sort of compromise.

The decision has been made it would seem so there's no chance of negotiating a compromise for this season. Seems a strange one to me if I'm honest but on the other side of things we've come a long way in 12 months and I'm more than happy to go along with what they decide compared to the unthinkable of not so long ago. Suspect they'll go back to the installment plan for next season and in the meantime credit card it is

The decision has been made it would seem so there's no chance of negotiating a compromise for this season. Seems a strange one to me if I'm honest but on the other side of things we've come a long way in 12 months and I'm more than happy to go along with what they decide compared to the unthinkable of not so long ago. Suspect they'll go back to the installment plan for next season and in the meantime credit card it is

Nothing is going to be changed if people just blindly accept everything because they are grateful to Nicola. We aren't even aware if NC knows the depth of feeling that the fans have about this issue. I will be bringing it up at the fans forum unless someone else does.

Reeeey, check it out, another billy big balls flexing his financial muscle on this thread.

This is not a class war. Remember that.

One error in judgement by the guys in charge and things go stupid. Get a ****ing grip. Compared to 12 months ago we are in dreamland. Unless of course you desire a payment plan for conference football under a lowe based regime.

Yeah, if this is a serious mistake they'll learn from it. If not, it's a mountain from a molehill, and the antagonists will learn to save before they spend next time.

Can none of you understand that a large section of our support have been shafted by the club and prevented from getting a season ticket by the club by forceful and bullying tactics, deliberately delaying the announcement of the season tickets and notice of the payment plan being removed in order to force a number of our support to have to pay on a game by game basis?

There is no other reason that they don't offer the payment plan other than taking the punt the people they have forced out of paying in installments will pay the premium price on a game by game basis and earn them a bit more cash.

Would be nice if the people who are lucky enough to have the money to pay upfront could at least support the people who rely on the payment plan and have been mugged off by SFC to help force SFC in to reinstating the payment plan.

But no, why would that happen? Just about sums up our retarded support.

I seriously can't believe that people can sit back and applaud the club adding charges and removing benefits... why? Seriously... on a final point before I hit the hay...

You reap what you sow. If you allow all these extra charges to be applied now and the benefits of payment plans etc to be removed with no reason then you will get the club you want...

Come the Premiership in a few years you will be paying season ticket prices which make P*mpeys look insignificant, £600 or £700, and of course no payment plan, meaning the vast majority of Saints fans will be having to find £50 every other Saturday to watch Saints. Will you be applauding Cortese then?

Like I said....

You reap what you sow.

I wasn't actually going to pay up front this season as getting my son one for the first time as well. The installment plans not on offer so I'll now do it another way ie credit card. It's not a great decision by the club in my opinion but it's also not as big a drama as some are making out

Nothing is going to be changed if people just blindly accept everything because they are grateful to Nicola. We aren't even aware if NC knows the depth of feeling that the fans have about this issue. I will be bringing it up at the fans forum unless someone else does.

What depth of feeling? 20 opinionated posters on an internet forum does not represent depth of feeling.

If reports that less than 10% of ST holders used the instalment plan are true, then it probably isn't cost effective to administer. And the cost of administration is much higher than you might imagine, as is the cost of defaulters.

What depth of feeling? 20 opinionated posters on an internet forum does not represent depth of feeling.

If reports that less than 10% of ST holders used the instalment plan are true, then it probably isn't cost effective to administer. And the cost of administration is much higher than you might imagine, as is the cost of defaulters.

But look at it another way. If the club had offered an installment plan how long before the moaning minnies are on here saying they should be spending the money on players instead

step 1. Squeezing a bit more out of the loyal customer base, by reducing choice.

Step 2. If we get back to the championship, a biggish hike in prices,justified by the higher quality, and to fund the push for the pL.

Step 3. (hopefully). Promotion back to the PL. We all but sell out SMS every week, so its poopey/london level ST prices and matchday tix well north of £30, and around £40 for many seats, for most matches.plus big booking fees, platinum game premiums etc. Thats for US, the people who stuck by the club through the bad times, and without whom cortese wouldn't have a club to run.

i really see little wrong at letting the club know when it does things that upset, annoy, or inconvrnience its "customers".

Lets let the club know we are happy to pay decent prices for a good product. Not happy to be taken for granted.

and of those 10% guess several used it for ease, would rather it was still here but not throw their teddies out of the pram but will renew without marching on Downing Street!

apart from being incredibly bad customer service, despite in many eyes destroying the feel good factor that has been developed over the season the removal of the payment plan, which i have only used once FYI is incredibly short sighted.

NC maybe a great business man but lets treat it as a retail business model. The one thing you dont try to do in retail is prevent people coming through the door of your shop! Are you trying to tell me that any cost incurred by the club by offering a payment plan will not be made up ten fold by the money made from concessions inside the ground on 23 games.

The trick is to make the tickets as cheap as possible to get 30000+ fans in the ground every game without always selling out. The club should be putting the efforts into inproving the the clubs merchandising range and service levels at the food stands in the concourses (which is incredibly poor, i for 1 dont often bother). This is where you make money!

apart from being incredibly bad customer service, despite in many eyes destroying the feel good factor that has been developed over the season the removal of the payment plan, which i have only used once FYI is incredibly short sighted.

NC maybe a great business man but lets treat it as a retail business model. The one thing you dont try to do in retail is prevent people coming through the door of your shop! Are you trying to tell me that any cost incurred by the club by offering a payment plan will not be made up ten fold by the money made from concessions inside the ground on 23 games.

The trick is to make the tickets as cheap as possible to get 30000+ fans in the ground every game without always selling out. The club should be putting the efforts into inproving the the clubs merchandising range and service levels at the food stands in the concourses (which is incredibly poor, i for 1 dont often bother). This is where you make money!

I would think that as well, but its strange that club chairmen around the country don't agree - guessing they have more facts/figures than we do.

Within reason I wonder if numbers of season tickets is actually more to do with who wants to go, rather than cost or free finance? If they is the case it explains wanting decent prices (from club's point of view) and no finance.

I expect vast majority had decided whether they were getting a season ticket before prices came out and haven't changed their mind.

Seriously Kip, congratulations on being able to afford your season ticket upfront...

Would you like a Blue Peter Badge?

Seriously, stop being such a chump, there are hundreds of Saints fans who have been shafted by the club by removing the payment plan, and the reasoning the club have given is b*llocks, as I have clearly proven.

If the club can give an honest reason as to why they have been removed then maybe people will accept it.

Every single well supported club has a payment plan... why not us? Are we wrong not to ask for one?

I can't afford it so will pay for games as and when, don't see the big deal wth season tickets.

I wasn't actually going to pay up front this season as getting my son one for the first time as well. The installment plans not on offer so I'll now do it another way ie credit card. It's not a great decision by the club in my opinion but it's also not as big a drama as some are making out

Oh look, there's another one that doesn't seem to get it that many people cannot just go out and get a credit card.

They have isolated a large chunk of our support. I would say that is a pretty major drama and if you didn't have a credit card, wouldn't you class it as one too?

I would think that as well, but its strange that club chairmen around the country don't agree - guessing they have more facts/figures than we do.

Within reason I wonder if numbers of season tickets is actually more to do with who wants to go, rather than cost or free finance? If they is the case it explains wanting decent prices (from club's point of view) and no finance.

I expect vast majority had decided whether they were getting a season ticket before prices came out and haven't changed their mind.

Its very basic retail skills, get the people in the shop and then sting them for everything you can get. Give people a good price on an expensive computer and then sell them the aftercare package and they go away thinking they have got a good deal!

If a business has no sales it can make no money no mater how much you cut costs, if a club has no fans in the ground it can make no money! This is the first rule and you ignore it at your peril.

Faz, look at all that speculation on there.

Can you not at least respect that I have taken the time to secret shop the company and outlined the costs... got hold of all the information to hand and proven BEYOND DOUBT that there is ZERO cost in setting up an Installment plan... not a little bit... ZERO

There is also ZERO cost in defaulters apart from the cost of a stamp, a bit of paper and some ink. Yes they might have a couple ( and it really would only be a couple ) of people who cancel their DD and still go to the games, hardly a massive issue though based on the revenue bought in.

I don't know why I bother sometimes... you speculate on something, people tell you to go and prove it... you come back with 100% FACTS and people still ignore it just because they like to say something different.

step 1. Squeezing a bit more out of the loyal customer base, by reducing choice.

Step 2. If we get back to the championship, a biggish hike in prices,justified by the higher quality, and to fund the push for the pL.

Step 3. (hopefully). Promotion back to the PL. We all but sell out SMS every week, so its poopey/london level ST prices and matchday tix well north of £30, and around £40 for many seats, for most matches.plus big booking fees, platinum game premiums etc. Thats for US, the people who stuck by the club through the bad times, and without whom cortese wouldn't have a club to run.

i really see little wrong at letting the club know when it does things that upset, annoy, or inconvrnience its "customers".

Lets let the club know we are happy to pay decent prices for a good product. Not happy to be taken for granted.

That is the whole point and people do not seem to care. Hopefully this thread can be held somewhere so we can bring it back up next season when season tickets go up again if we get promoted and new charges are added.

Wouldn't surprise me next season if there is an 'administration fee' or the like to renew season tickets.

And when we grace the Premiership again the cheapest ticket in the house being upwards of £45.

People need to look at the bigger picture, unless you make a stand now, the club will take the p!ss out of the fans all the way to the Premier League. Forget about the payment plan for a minute, even the people that are lucky enough to have paid up front should be worried about the 'business plan' of SFC... because you are all going to be paying for it.

I just wondered how many of the people on here that are chastising those that question some of the recent decisions are season ticket holders that previously paid for their ticket in installments?

Their appear to be quite a few ST holders that pay up front but still see the new ticketing policies as being stupid, but are their ST holders who usually pay in installments telling people to suck it up?

I just wondered how many of the people on here that are chastising those that question some of the recent decisions are season ticket holders that previously paid for their ticket in installments?

Their appear to be quite a few ST holders that pay up front but still see the new ticketing policies as being stupid, but are their ST holders who usually pay in installments telling people to suck it up?

The problem is on a forum you never get a true grasp of the feeling. This thread attracts the "I'm alright Jack" people and the ones that want to come on here and show off because they have got their season ticket.

I don't for one minute think their opinions are all the same in the real world. The conversation in the pubs and workplace over the last few days has been about the lack of payment plan and how people are going to pay for it, with most people I come across stating they now cannot afford a season ticket.

Not one person who already has a season ticket or can afford to pay up front has given it Billy Big B*llocks and all have been sympathetic.

I know it's only my experience of speaking to people... but it's a hell of alot different reaction than on this forum.

Edited by StuRomseySaint

I love the way you just totally disregard the importance of 10% of the most ardent supporters. Its not so long ago that at some midweek games ST holders made up 90% of the crowd. ST holders are the lifeblood of the club and deserve a little more respect IMO no matter how they paid.

£350,000 of income is certainly worth admistrating, as is the £150,000 from half season tickets.

By the way I only see 20 opinionated posters on the other side of arguement.

The problem is on a forum you never get a true grasp of the feeling. This thread attracts the "I'm alright Jack" people and the ones that want to come on here and show off because they have got their season ticket.

I don't for one minute think their opinions are all the same in the real world. The conversation in the pubs and workplace over the last few days has been about the lack of payment plan and how people are going to pay for it, with most people I come across stating they now cannot afford a season ticket.

Not one person who already has a season ticket or can afford to pay up front has given it Billy Big B*llocks and all have been sympathetic.

I know it's only my experience of speaking to people... but it's a hell of alot different reaction to on this forum.

I'm a long term season ticket holder that pays up front. So I reflect the sort of people you have spoken to.

I don't agree with your opinion that NC is just doing it to get people to pay for single tickets. I believe he discovered late on that people had absused the staged payments option and instead of finding a way of stopping people abusing it, so the option could continue, he was just so ****ed off (rightly so) that despite the club being saved by MLs money these people effectively cheated the club out of the sort of money that was needed - that he stopped it immediately. Typing this out I can see myslf being equally angry. There would be no club without ML and how do these people repay them - they take from the club. My first reaction would be to stop the staged option. But that doesn't mean it is right. A mistake has been made here and if NC discussed the implications with fans as he said he would do in his charter then maybe he would have revaluated his decision.

I had a lovely evening too... skipped the walk and went to a nice pub in Nomansland instead, The Lamb, lovely pub. Would it surprise you if I said we discussed the pro's and cons of Cortese and the needless lack of a payment plan for alot of the night?
isnt the landlord a skate. I went there the other day and there he was wandering around in a brand new Pompey vest.

Is "suck it up" the new in phrase??? or is it just gimpoids like Chez that are using it??

you always know when you have won the arguement, its when the other party reverts to name calling. Love you.

Edited by Chez

Zebra collect the money, for example, say the season ticket is £360 over 6 months is £60 a month to the club, the repayment fee might be £65 a month.

£60 a month to the club, £5 a month to Zebra finance for example.

It is not different to paying your Insurance premiums on a monthly basis, any reasonable person would expect to pay interest or an administration fee.

If people don't want to pay interest then the option is there to pay up front or not at all.

However 99% of people will understand that to pay in installments, there is an extra cost.

Zebra offer bespoke packages and each clubs installment plans are different, I have just highlighted some of the schemes which involve no cost to SFC.

I and many people would be more than happy to cover the cost to Zebra finance if it meant we could have a payment plan.

I would be surprised if anyone else relying on the payment plan could honestly say any different.

thanks Stu, perhaps the club could charge an administration fee for people wishing to pay in installments. It still doesnt get over the faact that people may lapse their payments and would not want to have the hassle of pursueing their own fans. Not good PR either.

It is a difficult situation

I'm a long term season ticket holder that pays up front. So I reflect the sort of people you have spoken to.

I don't agree with your opinion that NC is just doing it to get people to pay for single tickets. I believe he discovered late on that people had absused the staged payments option and instead of finding a way of stopping people abusing it, so the option could continue, he was just so ****ed off (rightly so) that despite the club being saved by MLs money these people effectively cheated the club out of the sort of money that was needed - that he stopped it immediately. Typing this out I can see myslf being equally angry. There would be no club without ML and how do these people repay them - they take from the club. My first reaction would be to stop the staged option. But that doesn't mean it is right. A mistake has been made here and if NC discussed the implications with fans as he said he would do in his charter then maybe he would have revaluated his decision.

Seriously, the number of people would have been insignificant. Also, the scheme last season was run in-house... Zebra have the skills and experience to recover arrears.

There has been no mention by Cortese or Luker or anyone else about people cheating the club, you are speculating. Whereas it is absolutely completely 100% obvious what sort of business model Cortese is building for anyone with half a brain and not a blind loyalty towards Liebherr and Cortese. He is trying to cash in on the PAYG customer banking on us being top of the league, the installment plan will be back next season if we are in the Championship, because the model will change again to wanting to get as many in the ground in advance as we can't guarantee the success that guarantees the crowds.

It really is not hard to police defaulters entering the stadium... not one little bit hard, and once you prosecute the first one, nobody else will do it... but anyway, you have absolutely no substance that there was even any people defaulting, you are just guessing with nothing to back up your theory.

Seriously, the number of people would have been insignificant. Also, the scheme last season was run in-house... Zebra have the skills and experience to recover arrears.

There has been no mention by Cortese or Luker or anyone else about people cheating the club, you are speculating. Whereas it is absolutely completely 100% obvious what sort of business model Cortese is building for anyone with half a brain and not a blind loyalty towards Liebherr and Cortese. He is trying to cash in on the PAYG customer banking on us being top of the league, the installment plan will be back next season if we are in the Championship, because the model will change again to wanting to get as many in the ground in advance as we can't guarantee the success that guarantees the crowds.

It really is not hard to police defaulters entering the stadium... not one little bit hard, and once you prosecute the first one, nobody else will do it... but anyway, you have absolutely no substance that there was even any people defaulting, you are just guessing with nothing to back up your theory.

I have no evidence at all. I was basing my opinion on posts in here pointing to 100 or so defaulters. If there were very few fair enough, your opinion then gains more substance. Your theory has NC bankin on previous season ticket holders having to attend about 15 individual games for the club to make more money out of them. That sounds quite a high figure.

In the end it matters not why he has done it, what matters is that it is a poor show, and we agree on that.

thanks Stu, perhaps the club could charge an administration fee for people wishing to pay in installments. It still doesnt get over the faact that people may lapse their payments and would not want to have the hassle of pursueing their own fans. Not good PR either.

It is a difficult situation

People may lapse, yes, they may do, it's obviously not an issue though otherwise every single other well supported club would not run the scheme! And come on... it's really not hard to police it, as I have said on other thread... all it takes is the turnstile operators taking a bit more time to check the tickets they should be checking them anyway.

You know what, here is a simple way of doing it... reward a turnstile operator for catching 'defaulters' trying to enter the stadium. There you go... to catch the couple of people that ripped off the club, it's not hard.

The reasoning is not defaulters, there is absolutely no substance in it, nobody has any direct quotes from the club, not have they any figures to back up their argument... people have just switched to that one as the reason because I have proven BEYOND DOUBT that administration and costs has absolutely nothing to do with the reason they stopped the installment plans.

Edited by StuRomseySaint

we have notice..like i said

effectively 3 paydays to cover a ST price..not ideal, hardly the end of the world

Are you buying a season ticket or are you just trolling on an issue that doesn't affect you?