Installment plans cost the club NOTHING

StuRomseySaint

I think you would do well to remember that the majority of people who rely on a payment plan would be from the lower income bracket, thus from the lower end of the credit score, as such many can't afford £350 in one hit nor qualify for a loan.

Would you say the above is a fair statement?

Yes I have shot down alot of people on this thread, mainly because they come to the table and try and rubbish the facts I have spent the time getting, with complete speculation and guesses... just like your 10% figure and 50% of them qualifying for credit is.

Just as people jumped on the bandwagon when one person posted the only reason which I couldn't prove at the time for the lack of payment plan. Which was defaulters... all of a sudden every person started using that as the reason.

I still await one of you uberfans to come on this thread and challenge me with some FACTS

It can't be that hard... you really could do some serious pwnage of me if what you say is true... this is an opportunity not to be missed, surely?

And just again, because you still keep forgetting... An installment plan is NOT credit.

And in one post you have managed to completely miss the points i was making.

I never said it was credit if you read what i said, which was if they are refused credit for reasons of affordability why should they be taking up a payment plan ??

And the 10% came from your earlier posts of STH's that take up the payment plan.

Also, we will have more STH next season than this, and yes renewals may be down slightly but i bet not as much as you are saying. Unfortunately the latter will never be proven either way.

If nobody has any constructive debate left and can't come up with any constructive reasons as to why Cortese is not trying to rip off fans, I assume we can lock this now and await response from the club?

You mean apart from the fact that he is trying to run a viable business ?? That is sustainable and moving forward ?

If nobody has any constructive debate left and can't come up with any constructive reasons as to why Cortese is not trying to rip off fans, I assume we can lock this now and await response from the club?

Perhaps Luker and Cortese are retards and have lost your email address, or is that not constructive enough for you? ;)

And in one post you have managed to completely miss the points i was making.

I never said it was credit if you read what i said, which was if they are refused credit for reasons of affordability why should they be taking up a payment plan ??

And the 10% came from your earlier posts of STH's that take up the payment plan.

Also, we will have more STH next season than this, and yes renewals may be down slightly but i bet not as much as you are saying. Unfortunately the latter will never be proven either way.

The 10% was made up by someone else, with the lack of other evidence, I decided to go with it for the sake of debate... who knows what the number is, I would imagine it will be more.

People are not refused credit simply on the grounds of affordability. I had to get a credit card ( on a ridiculously high interest rate ) a couple of years ago because I couldn't get credit anywhere else.

Was it because I couldn't afford credit? Or had bad credit? No... it was the opposite, because I had never needed credit before so had no history.

I haven't followed this thing too closely because there has been far too much needless sniping going on.

However, when we were told that there was a five year plan to return to the Premier League, I don't think the "planners" were thinking just about boosting the playing and coaching resources, including the academy.

I would be surprised if one thread of the plan wasn't concerned with starting the transition on the supporter side as well, which means a gradual and quite significant increase in attendance and average ticket prices/average spend at games.

Expect more of this stuff. They're doing it as part of a bigger plan to reach the Premier League in good, sustainable financial shape - not to p*ss off the supporters.

Have they announced the concession prices yet?

You mean apart from the fact that he is trying to run a viable business ?? That is sustainable and moving forward ?

I shall watch your posts closely in forthcoming seasons.

Also, if having no installment plan is the most economic way of doing things moving forward... why do every club that has the demand for a payment plan ( including Man Utd etc ) , have one?

Serious question.

Are you suggesting that in the 11 months Cortese has been a chairman, he has found a gap in the market and infact the other 60 or so clubs are all wrong?

Edited by StuRomseySaint

The 10% was made up by someone else, with the lack of other evidence, I decided to go with it for the sake of debate... who knows what the number is, I would imagine it will be more.

People are not refused credit simply on the grounds of affordability. I had to get a credit card ( on a ridiculously high interest rate ) a couple of years ago because I couldn't get credit anywhere else.

Was it because I couldn't afford credit? Or had bad credit? No... it was the opposite, because I had never needed credit before so had no history.

TBH i think we need to agree to disagree, i do agree with you as far as the fans charter is concerned and yes they should have made fans aware.

But i just cannot swallow the Cortese against fans thing i'm afraid mate, and yes i am aware the costs will increase, but that is the price of entertaining football at a progressive club.

TBH i think we need to agree to disagree, i do agree with you as far as the fans charter is concerned and yes they should have made fans aware.

But i just cannot swallow the Cortese against fans thing i'm afraid mate, and yes i am aware the costs will increase, but that is the price of entertaining football at a progressive club.

OK

I will finish with this.

We are in League 1, not the Premier League.

I shall watch your posts closely in forthcoming seasons.

You are welcome to, i have never been afraid to accept when i am wrong, at the moment i am pro cortese, he has his issues, he is a little too egotistical for my liking but hey ho, he is spending money on the squad and the infrastructure that is promising.

The slight noises made about a new stadium was also surprising, probably out of context but definately has you thinking about his ambition.

At the moment he has not done enough wrong IMO, he was right to question AP when he did, and if we carry on winning he will be right to increase costs.

We are not paying Prem prices, indeed we are not even the most expensive in league 1 ?? So whats your point ?

Our season tickets are 'reasonable' value.

We have the most expensive matchday prices in League 1 and our management are actively trying to ensure and many people as possible have to pay them.

Wouldn't an easier way to achieve that effect, if that really was their sole intent, to have more expensive season ticket prices?

Errrr... no... the 'core' support will renew no matter what ( within reason ) , and the way they have done it is alot less obvious... evidently on this thread, as only a small number of people can actually see through what they are doing.

So they keep the majority of their customer base blissfully happy and, how is happening in this thread... shouting down those who have been affected and are not happy.

Very sly, but is seems succesful tactics.

surely not an other made up fact from you?

You KNOW that your daughters fees are due quarterly so save up on a monthly basis.

Now I am sure you will try and flex your financial muscles regardless of what I said.

But what if they suddenly sent you a letter tommorow stating they wanted the full years fees for next year upfront, and you had 30 days to find the money?

( I think I know the answer I will get, the fact you pay for your daughter to have private education suggests you are on a completely different income to thos who use the payment plan anyway )

It's a fair analogy and no, I couldn't afford to pay a year's education up front. You'd be surprised how many parents that send their kids to private school aren't hugely well off - we've had to make many sacrifices to send her to the private school (like not going to Saints as often as I'd like - true story that, not just me stirring things up!). I fully expected to find a school full of kids whose parents lived in mansions, drove posh cars and had several villas in the Med but they are actually few and far between (much to my annoyance as I was looking forward to my daughter making friends with all these millionaires so that I could have free holidays for years to come!)

But back to your question.....if the school said to me this summer that they wanted all of the next year school fees up front before the start of the Autumn term I would first explore the 0% credit card option (indeed, this was one of our funding options a couple of years ago when myself and Mrs Trousers were first discussing our financing options). If that didn't work then I'd look at as low as possible interest bank loan and if that failed I would have to look at relocating her into a state school.

Either way, I don't think I'd be kicking up a huge fuss about it as the school is a private company and they can ultimately do what they please. I guess where the analogy breaks down is that I don't have an emotional tie to my daughter's school in the same way one does to a Football Club.

Sorry bit obvious I suppose but why can't those who can't afford a season ticket just buy tickets for each match seperately?

Same effect they see every game and the cost is spread over a whole season rather than a few months?

The c.30% mark-up rate on doing it that way (for all games) might be an inhibiter to some.