Installment plans cost the club NOTHING

StuRomseySaint

can't wait for football to start!

I cant wait for the kit launch and the endless moans about how **** it is, even though everyone (i wont be one of them mind) will buy one and two months into the season people will actually like it.

I cant wait for the kit launch and the endless moans about how **** it is, even though everyone (i wont be one of them mind) will buy one and two months into the season people will actually like it.

this is a guarantee..

who will be the first to email the club with their "outrage" of the new shirt design..?

docker-p/dune

not sure which

Cant wait for the chringing.....

Dear Mr Cortese,

Thanks for all you have done for us, etc, etc, but i have to write to you about this kit etc etc etc.

Got to be Dune, he is red hot favourite, we always get the odd outsider make a surprise appearance though....

Cant wait for the chringing.....

Dear Mr Cortese,

Thanks for all you have done for us, etc, etc, but i have to write to you about this kit etc etc etc.

Got to be Dune, he is red hot favourite, we always get the odd outsider make a surprise appearance though....

The comic relief badge guarentees the shirt being **** even before the actual design of the shirt is taken into consideration. If it's like the old dimplex shirt, or the sanderson collared shirt i'll like it, but if it's the miss world sash jobbie (as predicted) it will be awful.

whilst the fans would do well to remember the fact that NC was the man who helped save the club, HE would do well to remember that without 20K of us turning out week after week, there would have been no club to save.

Clubs with a divided fanbase are not a pretty sight, as we saw all too clearly in the home game against Doncaster.

I guess that plenty of supporters will be sitting there over the next couple of years, hoping for a return to the PL which will mean they will be able to see the team that they love (and have supported through the bad days) about half as often as they can now.

Have had confirmation that the football club have not approached Premium Credit ( for whom we have had previous arrangements ) this season with regards to any installment plan either.

So that rules out the club even bothering to try and source a plan, or indeed even looking into the costs of running one.

Have had confirmation that the football club have not approached Premium Credit ( for whom we have had previous arrangements ) this season with regards to any installment plan either.

So that rules out the club even bothering to try and source a plan, or indeed even looking into the costs of running one.

Have you done any research into the numbers who used the installment plan for previous seasons?

Some figures say 10%, I would imagine to be at least this number...probably more in all honesty, it certainly was a service which was in demand.

Some figures say 10%, the club say 10% no? 1300 is the figure I've seen on here. Nothings gonna change (this season) so please move along, nothing to see here.

Some figures say 10%, the club say 10% no? 1300 is the figure I've seen on here. Nothings gonna change (this season) so please move along, nothing to see here.

Listen pal, if this thread doesn't interest you then why not find another one that does interest you. It's a bit retarded opening up a thread that you have no interest in, let alone posting on it!

The self disipline installment plan....

1. Open a savings account

2. Set up standing order from current account for £35 per month to be placed in savings account

3. Year total £420 - enough for annual ST purchase with afew quid left over for a shirt/beers

4. adjust monthly amount if promoted/inflation

Given the simplicity of such an instalment pans which incidently is cunningly not only interest free but may pay YOU interest, I was just surprised that we expected this to be done for us by the club....

2. Set up standing order from current account for £35 per month to be placed in savings account

3. Year total £420 - enough for annual ST purchase with afew quid left over for a shirt/beers

Given the simplicity of such an instalment pans which incidently is cunningly not only interest free but may pay YOU interest, I was just surprised that we expected this to be done for us by the club....

Thanks, I will remember to do that next year Dad, thanks for that really helpful advice on this thread.

I wish I was like you.

The club have had an installment plan for the last several years, the club didn't warn anyone they were removing it.

What part of that are you struggling to grasp?

Some of are supporters are complete ****s.

Listen pal, if this thread doesn't interest you then why not find another one that does interest you. It's a bit retarded opening up a thread that you have no interest in, let alone posting on it!

Not retarded at all, I agree with you in principle, they're just not going to change anything this season so why carry on bleating about it? They may change it next year, who knows.

Thanks, I will remember to do that next year Dad, thanks for that really helpful advice on this thread.

I wish I was like you.

The club have had an installment plan for the last several years, the club didn't warn anyone they were removing it.

What part of that are you struggling to grasp?

Some of are supporters are complete ****s.

Stu (Son) on a more serious note - you first of all moaned that because of the club delaying ST sales, it would mean that you would not start paying for it until August and thus would be paying for it up until Christmas.... what I simply do not grasp is how if you or anyone else has been using the installment plan for years - where unsure of what would happen with tehnew regime, why you did not put aside the money from April (even March for Early bird) so that by July/August you would have 80% of the ticket price nicely saved up... seems the most logical thing.

Yup there are flk you cant afford the hit of £350 in one go - well sad to say it that is life, there are plenty of things I cant afford so if I want them, I have to save...

Good idea - for next season. Do ST holders put money aside for MOTs, holidays etc? If so, why not for the ST?

Stooey, you really are losing it. First off you have a long standing issue with the Saints Trust steming from them not helping you with a fund raising idea and now a huge anti-Cortese campaign seemingly steming from him not returning your call about if/where we might be going on a pre-season tour!

You challenged someone on the locked 'is there a problem at SFC' thread to give an example of good communication from the club that has happened while Cortese has been Chairman. The obvious reply to this would be why the feck do you want good communication from a football club??

Most sane fans couldn't give a flying f'k about if the Chairman bothered replying to an email they sent. What a sane fan wants is for the team they support to be playing good, entertaining, winning football in a nice stadium, all of which we have been doing and fingers crossed should be doing again next year.

Hopefully we will, in good time, sign a handful of useful players this Summer that will help us improve the squad and gain promotion.

Sane fans really don't really care if the s/t renewal forms come out a few weeks later than might be expected, or if the new kit isn't on sale quite as quickly as they may like. They don't even care if the payment plan for season tickets is abolished as, after all, there is a way you can pay in 23 installements to watch Saints play, it's called buying a ticket.

If you really are so ghey that you wanted to spend you Summer holiday following the club on a foreign pre-season tour playing friendlies (or meaningless friendlies as you called them last season) then you and Denzil really should get out of the house more.

I remember when we were having all the board room antics for years, we all said on here that we just wanted to have a decent football team - talk about that - hear from the manager, not from boardroom etc.

Now we have Stu and Alps moaning on a daily basis that we are not being communicated with about the club and its transfers.

Our role is to follow the football team, pay to watch if we want, discuss it if we want, but these fans who get above their station and want to run clubs are really a laughing stock.

Feel better now!

Not retarded at all, I agree with you in principle, they're just not going to change anything this season so why carry on bleating about it? They may change it next year, who knows.

They will change it next year, not because we want them to, but because they will need to because they cannot guarantee success like they think they can this season.

( everyone including the club seem to think we will walk this league this year... a very dangerous assumption )

Stooey, you really are losing it. First off you have a long standing issue with the Saints Trust steming from them not helping you with a fund raising idea and now a huge anti-Cortese campaign seemingly steming from him not returning your call about if/where we might be going on a pre-season tour!

You challenged someone on the locked 'is there a problem at SFC' thread to give an example of good communication from the club that has happened while Cortese has been Chairman. The obvious reply to this would be why the feck do you want good communication from a football club??

Most sane fans couldn't give a flying f'k about if the Chairman bothered replying to an email they sent. What a sane fan wants is for the team they support to be playing good, entertaining, winning football in a nice stadium, all of which we have been doing and fingers crossed should be doing again next year.

Hopefully we will, in good time, sign a handful of useful players this Summer that will help us improve the squad and gain promotion.

Sane fans really don't really care if the s/t renewal forms come out a few weeks later than might be expected, or if the new kit isn't on sale quite as quickly as they may like. They don't even care if the payment plan for season tickets is abolished as, after all, there is a way you can pay in 23 installements to watch Saints play, it's called buying a ticket.

If you really are so ghey that you wanted to spend you Summer holiday following the club on a foreign pre-season tour playing friendlies (or meaningless friendlies as you called them last season) then you and Denzil really should get out of the house more.

You are obsessed with me Once Bitter. I even gave Steve Grant permission so you can have a more in depth chat with me, you don't seem to have take this offer up.

And are you honestly saying I 'need to get out of the house more' for wanting to base my holiday in a non-tourist destination in a foreign country with the added bonus of watching my team play? lol - you are a funny cyber warrior.

Listen mongtard, your opinion is irrelevent and you would dissagree with anything I say anyway just to try and look the big man.

You can join Nick G on the Ignore step.

Good idea - for next season. Do ST holders put money aside for MOTs, holidays etc? If so, why not for the ST?

Exactly. Next season there will be no excuses.

SFC have deliberately not told fans of their plans this season though... that is wrong.

They have not even spoken to either finance company... so why the delay in telling everyone the scheme was being removed? ( and before anyone asks, I had emailed the club back in April asking about season tickets and the payment plan and got the reply " we don't know yet " , which I believe to be rubbish.

Edited by StuRomseySaint

You are obsessed with me Once Bitter. I even gave Steve Grant permission so you can have a more in depth chat with me, you don't seem to have take this offer up.

And are you honestly saying I 'need to get out of the house more' for wanting to base my holiday in a non-tourist destination in a foreign country with the added bonus of watching my team play? lol - you are a funny cyber warrior.

Listen mongtard, your opinion is irrelevent and you would dissagree with anything I say anyway just to try and look the big man.

You can join Nick G on the Ignore step.

how long do you think I will have to stay on ignore step? - my punishment was catching him lying and asking him to answer a hard question!

Feels better laughing at him knowing that I am not hurting his feelings!

how long do you think I will have to stay on ignore step? - my punishment was catching him lying and asking him to answer a hard question!

If I quote this he can see it.:)

I think StuRS has put more people on the ignore step than there are posters on his (somewhat pointless) thread! lol

Or to put it another way, soon he'll be talking to himself, everyone will be laughing at his threads and he'll be oblivious. Mmm, not a bad idea that. ;)

have I got to find clues to where he has hidden his answer about why he lies to make club more negative? thought it was reasonable to ask and get an answer, unfortunately that gets you sent to the ignore step!

He is still sulking and organising his buy "less yorkie bars" protest!

Liverpool have defended a 7% season ticket price increase, saying there is "no difference in real terms" because of a rise in inflation and VAT.

A Kop seat booked online will cost £680 with the main stand priced at £732.

"Our prices remain extraordinarily competitive, particularly compared with other clubs in the top half of the table," said a Liverpool spokesman.

Interesting use of "playing the man not the ball" on this thread all of a sudden. No-one yet has offered any reasonable explanation for why the club wouldn't give notice of the removal of the instalment plan, so people have started having a go at Stu for unrelated issues.

If anyone has explained why him offering a useful piece of investigation to prove the club's claim that administering an instalment plan wasn't true is a bad thing, I'm yet to see it.

As for Frank's Cousin's "well, you should have been saving and expected the club to completely do away with a form of payment they've had for the last 7 years and that almost every other club offers" (except last year when the same owners went out of their way to offer convenient instalments so people could buy STs quickly after admin), a more spurious argument I'm yet to see.

I don't put aside money for things I'm expecting to be able to pay for anyway, and nor does anyone else.

I don't put aside money for things I'm expecting to be able to pay for anyway, and nor does anyone else.

I do. I have several online current accounts that I use to ring fence my income and pre-allocate to future expenditure plans. So, for example, my daughter's school fees are due quarterly but I transfer money into the 'school fees' bank account on a monthly basis to help me manage my overall quarterly/annual budget. Same with holidays, for example.

Edited by trousers

Interesting use of "playing the man not the ball" on this thread all of a sudden. No-one yet has offered any reasonable explanation for why the club wouldn't give notice of the removal of the instalment plan, so people have started having a go at Stu for unrelated issues.

If anyone has explained why him offering a useful piece of investigation to prove the club's claim that administering an instalment plan wasn't true is a bad thing, I'm yet to see it.

As for Frank's Cousin's "well, you should have been saving and expected the club to completely do away with a form of payment they've had for the last 7 years and that almost every other club offers" (except last year when the same owners went out of their way to offer convenient instalments so people could buy STs quickly after admin), a more spurious argument I'm yet to see.

Exactly, everyone manages their finances in different ways.

The club have had an installment plan ever since we moved to St Marys. All clubs that have the deman for one, have an installment plan. I know this and had budgeted £70 a month ( to more than cover it ) to set up an installment plan.

So I am not sure why he feels the need to look down at people... the clubs installment plans have always been less than £70 a month, if they were going to do away with it, I would have re-jigged my finances to allow for this... or even got a second job to cover it.

The FACT is, regardless of the cost etc, the club have...

Deliberately removed the plan with no notice to squeeze as many people out of getting a season ticket as possible.

They have not sent out renewal packs... because they don't want people to have season tickets.

They have given a 30 day window... because they don't want people to have season tickets.

They have put the prices up 15%... because they don't want people to have season tickets.

It has actually nothing to do with whether I can afford it or not the reason I am kicking off about it, up until a couple of days ago I had the money anyway, only an unexpected car bill has forced me out.

I don't like the fact the club is exploiting the fans and forcing people to have to spend more money paying premium prices, using aggressive tactics.

If people want to sit back and let the club use these tactics on fans, then they will get the club they deserve.

We are what, 10 pages in, and not one person is yet to challenge me and offer me some constructive reason as to why the club is behaving in an acceptable way.

All this thread is full of is people coming on here to say stop going on about it, which is pretty retarded for someone not only to open a thread on a subject they are not interested in, but also to feel the need to post on it.

I do. I have several online current accounts that I use to ring fence my income and pre-allocate to future expenditure plans. So, for example, my daughter's school fees are due quarterly but I transfer money into the 'school fees' bank account on a monthly basis to help me manage my overall quarterly/annual budget. Same with holidays, for example.

You KNOW that your daughters fees are due quarterly so save up on a monthly basis.

Now I am sure you will try and flex your financial muscles regardless of what I said.

But what if they suddenly sent you a letter tommorow stating they wanted the full years fees for next year upfront, and you had 30 days to find the money?

( I think I know the answer I will get, the fact you pay for your daughter to have private education suggests you are on a completely different income to thos who use the payment plan anyway )

can i ask this....if the club had told us back in say march / april time that there was to be no installments, would we still have the same level of distress?

No, not at all.

Because the club would have given us reasonable time to make other arrangements.

Like I said, it's not the fact the plan has been removed that stinks ( even though it would still not be customer friendly ), it's the way it's been removed and the reasons why that that is wrong on so many levels.

No, not at all.

Because the club would have given us reasonable time to make other arrangements.

Like I said, it's not the fact the plan has been removed that stinks ( even though it would still not be customer friendly ), it's the way it's been removed and the reasons why that that is wrong on so many levels.

Yes I think you are right - I dont see why they published a Fans Charter then a few months later ignore a significant part of it

can i ask this....if the club had told us back in say march / april time that there was to be no installments, would we still have the same level of distress?

Mike, as Stu has just said, this is the entire point. It's not the removal of the payment plan that's the issue at all, it's the fact the club have reversed their policy with just hours to spare before Season Tickets go on sale, and only months after producing a new fans' charter outlining their approach to selling tickets.

In light of he fact that the club have still yet to even comment on the reversal of one of the fundamental policies of said charter, I think its only right that they be put under pressure to do so. If, as an organisation, you deviate massively from your stated operating priciples (with no prior warning) it's only right that you're held to account for that.

I don't understand how the fact that the club has not approached Premium Credit this season (if it is even true) means they have not looked into the costs.

The fact that they have used them in previous years means that they would have a pretty good idea of the costs involved I would have thought. If I owned a company and outsourced the debtor book to a factoring company in the past I wouldn't have to ask them again to have a very accurate idea of the costs involved.

And, for the record, the initial premise of the thread that having an instalment scheme costs the club nothing is blatantly nonsense, as has already been pointed out. The costs involved will be one or more of the following (plus probably others I haven't even thought of yet):

1. Club accepts a lower figure from finance company than the face value of ticket

2. Admin costs of time taken dealing with finance company

3. Potential loss if defaulters' debts revert to the club and admin time in dealing with this

Despite what the finance company may present in a preliminary discussion, there is no way that the finance company would accept the risk of defaulters, unless this was compensated by a punitive interest rate (and probably accompanied by credit checks at least as stringent as getting a credit card anyway).

The scenario where there is genuinely no cost/risk to the club and the finance company will provide the service at a reasonable rate of interest, without stringent credit checks is a utopian ideal which doesn't exist in this world I'm afraid!!

Yeah, and that's perfectly rational, but at the same time you're expecting that expenditure to come in that time model. If they suddenly asked for the school fees up front for the year without any notice you'd still be f'cked, monthly money put aside or not.

*Ah, I see Stu has beaten me to that one.

and Mike, the problem this year is mainly the lack of notice.

No-one complaining about it THIS year is entitled to complain about the same thing for that reason if they do it again NEXT year because we're forearmed now - if I'm skint next summer and can't get an ST I'll at least know I SHOULD have saved up. At the same time, it still won't be the most reasonable way for the club to offer STs to fans and it is still a fair criticism that we should have some kind of instalment plan. Though cynic that I am, I'm half expecting the club to try another stunt if the aim is genuinely to reduce ST numbers - but that is likely to depend on which division we're in.

My ideal situation next year will be the return of March Madness, with a decent priced renewal which would be paid for by August when the tickets could go out, removing the apparent "defaulter" issue. Not knowing the division, I suppose the club could offer a flexible plan so you pay an extra month if we go up or something.

Edited by The9

Exactly, everyone manages their finances in different ways.

The club have had an installment plan ever since we moved to St Marys. All clubs that have the deman for one, have an installment plan. I know this and had budgeted £70 a month ( to more than cover it ) to set up an installment plan.

So I am not sure why he feels the need to look down at people... the clubs installment plans have always been less than £70 a month, if they were going to do away with it, I would have re-jigged my finances to allow for this... or even got a second job to cover it.

The FACT is, regardless of the cost etc, the club have...

Deliberately removed the plan with no notice to squeeze as many people out of getting a season ticket as possible.

They have not sent out renewal packs... because they don't want people to have season tickets.

They have given a 30 day window... because they don't want people to have season tickets.

They have put the prices up 15%... because they don't want people to have season tickets.

It has actually nothing to do with whether I can afford it or not the reason I am kicking off about it, up until a couple of days ago I had the money anyway, only an unexpected car bill has forced me out.

I don't like the fact the club is exploiting the fans and forcing people to have to spend more money paying premium prices, using aggressive tactics.

If people want to sit back and let the club use these tactics on fans, then they will get the club they deserve.

We are what, 10 pages in, and not one person is yet to challenge me and offer me some constructive reason as to why the club is behaving in an acceptable way.

All this thread is full of is people coming on here to say stop going on about it, which is pretty retarded for someone not only to open a thread on a subject they are not interested in, but also to feel the need to post on it.

The only alternative I can think of to your suggestion is poor management, perhaps due to lack of experience NC was unaware of the payment plan for season tickets until he considered it too late to do anything about it.

The lack of any detailed response from the club on this matter does however add weight to your argument. Its possible that they are hoping we will be so annoyed about the situation that we boycott season ticket purchases knowing that a good start to the season will bring fans in anyway.

The deeper this goes without any clear explanation from the club the more I am inclined to agree with your "conspiracy theory".

The scenario where there is genuinely no cost/risk to the club and the finance company will provide the service at a reasonable rate of interest, without stringent credit checks is a utopian ideal which doesn't exist in this world I'm afraid!!

FFS 10 pages on and we still have complete mongs that don't read all the posts.

I have explained on a stupid amount of occasions on this thread how it costs NO money to the club. YOU ARE WRONG

FFS what is it with some Saints fans, that even when someone has take the time to get the figures and all the terms and conditions, the FACTS, they STILL think they know better?!

1) It is NOT a credit facility.

2) The club recieves the FULL season ticket premium.

3) The fees are taken in Interest/Admin fees picked up by the customer.

4) There is ZERO administration by SFC... thats Premium/Zebras job and what they get their fees for.

5) Defaulters will be minimal and Zebra/Premium initially chase them up.

6) There is no extra cost to the MINIMAL amount of defaulters.

the club have reversed their policy with just hours to spare before Season Tickets go on sale, and only months after producing a new fans' charter outlining their approach to selling tickets.

An approach that has never actually been implemented for the sale of Season Tickets as well !