Struggling at CM and we loan a striker!

Chez

Can someone please tell me why we have loaned a striker when we desperately need someone to play at CM?

We saw on Tuesday that without Gillett snapping at players heals we have absolutely nothing at CM. Wotton is like a statue (and might have to play at CB anyway), Surman is an attacking midfielder, Schneiderlin is injured along with Pulis. James appears our only other option and he looks short at this level to me.

I just don't understand that decision. I fear for us on Saturday, I thought Gillett and Schneiderlin would be fit but Jan says otherwise. Surely there must be a CM available for loan somewhere?

Edited by Chez

Because when we put balls into the box, the strikers we have are unable to put the ball in the back of the net.

If you look at the opta stats, I bet we've got lots of missed chances...

We play one up front with wingers that do **** all thats why we don't score goals.

I didn't see us miss many chances at Donny, Barnsley or Ipswich. CM is the problem position especially with Gillett injured.

How far off fitness is Gasmi?

btu he's just cover for Lallana. We need some bite in the middle. Gillett offers us this but he is going to get suspended soon, is innured now and will no doubt lose form at some point.

Clueless squad building.

CM is not the main problem. Defense is the main problem. We need two full backs. James is not up to scratch at all and Surman is an attacking player not a defender.

so who are we playing there tomorrow then? Surman and James? woppee****igndo.

btu he's just cover for Lallana. We need some bite in the middle. Gillett offers us this but he is going to get suspended soon, is innured now and will no doubt lose form at some point.

Clueless squad building.

I have my doubts that he'll be cover for anyone...i was under the impression that he's a quality player...we'll fit him in somewhere...right back probably...

Can someone please tell me why we have loaned a striker when we desperately need someone to play at CM?

We saw on Tuesday that without Gillett snapping at players heals we have absolutely nothing at CM. Wotton is like a statue (and might have to play at CB anyway), Surman is an attacking midfielder, Schneiderlin is injured along with Pulis. James appears our only other option and he looks short at this level to me.

I just don't understand that decision. I fear for us on Saturday, I thought Gillett and Schneiderlin would be fit but Jan says otherwise. Surely there must be a CM available for loan somewhere?

Almost as bizarre as signing a player with a broken foot!

We play one up front with wingers that do **** all thats why we don't score goals.

I didn't see us miss many chances at Donny, Barnsley or Ipswich. CM is the problem position especially with Gillett injured.

Donny? That's ruined tomorrows game for me already

CM?

Try aswell centre backs, full backs, wingers, goal scorers & you realise why we are struggling at the foot of the Championship :(

Look, I've come on this site for some cheering up and all I get is this sort of comment!

What's much worse is that I think you're right :-(

BUT a makeweight in a loan deal for Dyer ?

Oh i agree. I've just resorted to humour to cover my anguish!

Seriously, for those saying what can we do about our current situation, we could have got rid of Dyer (surely one of the higher earners) as hes **** and replaced him with someone of actual calibre. A decent, experienced loan signing.

But we've not. Instead another untried untested kid.

Toss. It really is.

Oh i agree. I've just resorted to humour to cover my anguish!

Seriously, for those saying what can we do about our current situation, we could have got rid of Dyer (surely one of the higher earners) as hes **** and replaced him with someone of actual calibre. A decent, experienced loan signing.

But we've not. Instead another untried untested kid.

Toss. It really is.

To free up serious money we'd have to get rid of BWP,Skacel or John

(the other candidates being non-operative at the mo)

Only when one of them goes will we see anything like "experienced".

To free up serious money we'd have to get rid of BWP,Skacel or John

(the other candidates being non-operative at the mo)

Only when one of them goes will we see anything like "experienced".

What about someone like Danny Webber?

Don't think he's in the blades team at the mo. Can't be on stupid money, not relative to Dyer.

And if they wanted Dyer that much (IF!!) then we could have persuaded them to part pay any difference.

Ok Webber might end up being no good but at least he's a bit of experience which is something very much lacking. And i'm lead to believe he does actually possess a little bit of quality. Something missing from our squad at the mo.

Hopefully this other fella will have some!

What about someone like Danny Webber?

Don't think he's in the blades team at the mo. Can't be on stupid money, not relative to Dyer.

And if they wanted Dyer that much (IF!!) then we could have persuaded them to part pay any difference.

Ok Webber might end up being no good but at least he's a bit of experience which is something very much lacking. And i'm lead to believe he does actually possess a little bit of quality. Something missing from our squad at the mo.

Hopefully this other fella will have some!

I think you're over evaluating Dyer's worth, perhaps it was us that wanted the other lad and we pawned Dyer to get him.:):):):):)

Jan's quote about following this new guy when he was in Holland strikes me as being a load of toss. Say this Jan so people will think you're making the decisions....

We don't need a striker... we need wingers and a left back.

Davis

Cork Perry lancashire Surman

lallana Wooton ???????? SKACEL

John Pekhart

Jan's quote about following this new guy when he was in Holland strikes me as being a load of toss.

I was more worried about what it said about the quality of this bloke.

i.e. If Jan was looking to sign him to play in the Dutch Second Division (and we've heard many stories about how poor that league is) then he can't be that good!!!!!!!!

At least I hope he was looking to sign him when he was at Helmond, and not when he was manager of a Sunday League team over there!!!!!!!!!

Jan's quote about following this new guy when he was in Holland strikes me as being a load of toss. Say this Jan so people will think you're making the decisions....

We don't need a striker... we need wingers and a left back.

Davis

Cork Perry lancashire Surman

lallana Wooton ???????? SKACEL

John Pekhart

is lancashire good enough?

Wotton certainly isn't.

Skacel at left midfield. So who plays there for the last 30 minutes?

I am really struggling to understand what the hell is going on. We are completely skint so it is vital that we get the absolute maximum out of what we have, yet we:

Brought in Forecast from Spurs - doesn't even appear to be 2nd choice

Signed Pulis - injured

Signed Romaine Gasmi(sp) - injured

And now we've brought in yet another young, inexperienced striker when we play with one up front and already have a 20 goal a season striker in John plus Pekhart, Mcgoldrick and BWP.

IMO we desperately need a left and right back, and we need experience. The very last thing we need is some unproven young striker. The squad is a mess.

I am really struggling to understand what the hell is going on. We are completely skint so it is vital that we get the absolute maximum out of what we have, yet we:

Brought in Forecast from Spurs - doesn't even appear to be 2nd choice

Signed Pulis - injured

Signed Romaine Gasmi(sp) - injured

And now we've brought in yet another young, inexperienced striker when we play with one up front and already have a 20 goal a season striker in John plus Pekhart, Mcgoldrick and BWP.

IMO we desperately need a left and right back, and we need experience. The very last thing we need is some unproven young striker. The squad is a mess.

Absolutely spot on.

These weird signings just prove to me two things,-

Either Lowe is picking and choosing the team and who we bring in,or

Portaloo is choosing the players,in which case we are f**ked either way because between them they couldnt even win a game of Subbuteo.

Wotton certainly isn't.

Skacel.

I know you're convinced he needs a defribulator after an hour on the pitch, but he isn't as bad as all that. Don't forget in the playoff season he played 2 hours at left back and still had enough energy left to take a better penalty than Best or Idiakez.

I agree it is pointless bringing in a striker, when we have a 20 goal a season man sat on the bench. However I think a defender, more specifically a fullback, is of greater need than a central midfielder. I still can't believe we are trying to go through a season with NO experienced fullbacks in our squad.

Skacel.

I know you're convinced he needs a defribulator after an hour on the pitch, but he isn't as bad as all that. Don't forget in the playoff season he played 2 hours at left back and still had enough energy left to take a better penalty than Best or Idiakez.

I agree it is pointless bringing in a striker, when we have a 20 goal a season man sat on the bench. However I think a defender, more specifically a fullback, is of greater need than a central midfielder. I still can't believe we are trying to go through a season with NO experienced fullbacks in our squad.

in the formation we are using I'd pick Skacel every day of the week at left wing. He doesn't have any pace but he does much much more with it than Dyer, BWP, McGoldrick...even Holmes.

I was at Derby and he may have been on the pitch for 2 hours but he was out on his feet after an hour and did the bare minimum. Once forward he walked back. It matters not as at left wing he isn't required to track back.

I certainly can't argue that we need fullbacks but Cork looked decent there against Barnsley and Surman has done OK. I've gave up calling for a full back long ago as quite clearly that position is a bemuda triangle at this club...

Anyone that witnessed the debarcle on Tuesday will see that without Gillett there is a massie void in CM. As soon as I read that Gillett was out on Saturday it made me think twice about going as I just can't see us winning without him. We'll see. Hope I'm wrong otherwise its another long trip back...

Edited by Chez

Wotton certainly isn't.

To be honest I don;t know.

I'd say the only players we have who are fit who could do a decent job in the CCC are...

Davis (I know I slated him for 2 seasons)

--------------

Cork

Perry

?????

Surman (out of position but we have no better option right now)

-----------

Lallana (wasted out wide but he's the best we have)

Schneiderlin (might not be fit still)

Wotton (at least he's played in this league before)

Skacel (I know he won't last 90 mins)

------------

John

?????????

Pekhart might be good enough and that's about it aside from Killer and Thomas.

IMO: James, Gillett, Mills, McGoldrick, White are not up to it yet and Lancashire has to sty on the pitch a bit longer than 30 mins before we see if he's good enough or not.

If James, Gillett and McGoldrick all play a majority of games this season then we will go down. In any team sport - you can't have nearly a third of your team being not good enough. See Ryder Cup.

Pekhart is a great loan, assuming he doesn't have to play left wing to make up for DMcG's attitude.

It's just a shame Pekhart arrived as Holmes got injured. Holmes kept getting great service in for McG and John to miss.

I think that's nonsense. Lots of balls hit hopefully into the box to no-one.

Gillet doesn't exactly fill me with confidence either tbh. Id rather we had someone else in there instead of him

To be honest I don;t know.

I'd say the only players we have who are fit who could do a decent job in the CCC are...

Davis (I know I slated him for 2 seasons)

--------------

Cork

Perry

?????

Surman (out of position but we have no better option right now)

-----------

Lallana (wasted out wide but he's the best we have)

Schneiderlin (might not be fit still)

Wotton (at least he's played in this league before)

Skacel (I know he won't last 90 mins)

------------

John

?????????

Pekhart might be good enough and that's about it aside from Killer and Thomas.

IMO: James, Gillett, Mills, McGoldrick, White are not up to it yet and Lancashire has to sty on the pitch a bit longer than 30 mins before we see if he's good enough or not.

If James, Gillett and McGoldrick all play a majority of games this season then we will go down. In any team sport - you can't have nearly a third of your team being not good enough. See Ryder Cup.

totally agree

Wotton certainly isn't.

Wotton is good enough, and better that Gillet. Skacel will give more in the 60 - 70 minutes he is on the pitch than dyer or mcgoldrick would give in 3 games, and with fitness (i.e games) he will last the full 90

You're quite right, Chez; the situation is getting more and more bizarre by the day. Poortvliet says that he has been watching the lad for some time and was thinking of signing him when he was in Holland. Was that practical that a young British striker would seriously consider going to play at such a low level in Holland? Or did he mean that he knew some time ago that Lowe would invite him to take charge here and Robertson was on his wish list? Is the young striker from Shefield United better than the young striker on loan from Spurs? Are they going to play up front together in a 4-4-2, or with John in a 4-3-3? If we continue with this one up front policy, then it is hard to justify having another loan striker at all. I don't see anybody hailing this as a good thing. Everybody is unamimously agreed that we desperately need defensive cover, not more strikers.

What's Scabby's take on it? Let's hear his justification for it.