Cost of seeing saints win the league

Thedelldays

Despite this being another "look at me" thread, I'll respond to try and keep the topic on subject.....

You seem to be choosing to ignore the real bone of contention with the majority of fans on here. The lack of payment instalment scheme and booking fee have all had a negative reception for sure, but by far and aware the worst thing is the manner in which the club have gone about it. No notice for the scrapping of the payment scheme until hours before the season tickets go on sale. If we had had this news 2 or 3 months ago then pretty much everyone who wanted to would have been able to save up and pay up front for a season ticket.

Also, you would do well to read Steve Grant's fag packet maths example in this very thread of how, rather than running at a loss as you seem to believe, there are others who believe we are actually currently turning a profit. So the monetary argument you put forward may not be as substantial as you actually think it is.

The abuse "Danny" seems to be getting is also unfair; it is the paper's job to reflect the views of the fans and they have done that. Rather than shoot the messenger, why not actually try to understand the message? Today's Echo headline is "Saints are one of only two League One clubs without a payment plan". The question, surely, has to be "WHY?". Why is our way of operating so much better than 22 of 24 other league clubs? Are all the other clubs in the division so lacking in business sense that they just happily continue with these silly schemes whereas we're the really clever ones? Or is it that they recognise, while it perhaps does incur a bit more effort on the club's behalf, that it is a way for the club to help out the most needing of fans and provide a way for as many fans to feel a part of the club as possible.

The club is on a bit of a downward spiral as far as PR is concerned in thepast few days, and without actually coming out and clarifying their decisions it sadly gives the impression that they couldn't care less either.

fair points..as for danny, as a saints fan i have no beef...as a journo/reporter for the echo, that shower he writes for is only useful and bog roll after a night on the pop...

surely, worth the cost to see saints win the league...when was the last time that happened at any level..?

This is the next problem, the expectations of the fans is going to make it harder for us next season.

The season past was comfortable with the fans fully behind the team/club as we were only half expectant, next season and if we get off to a average start !!!!!!! it is not worth thining about

I'd pay my years wages for a season ticket if we were guaranteed to win the league.

+1. There will be MASSIVE unrest both at the club and on here if we don't finish in the top two at the end of next season. Promotion, I don't even care if it's as Champions, is essential.

We all know it won't be plain sailing next season, we'll have to endure the rollercoaster and bad form at some stage, fingers crossed we have what it takes, and as a result I'm bloody looking forward to it!:smt038

It seems that you can no longer discuss things on this forum without having someone moan or ***** at you for starting a thread which may or may not have been covered before. Even the administrator is joining in - such a shame.

To the point that TDD was making, I actually agree. I think way too many fans expect something for nothing and can't wait to criticise Cortese or the club at any opportunity. We're going to be spending a lot of money or transfers, wages, quality sponsorless shirts (it seems), our own catering, new training ground - all things which us the fans are pleased about. Yet as soon as it costs us anything we don't want to know.

Yes, Markus is a rich man but he's trying to run this club as a business, meaning no debt. If this means charging a 3 pound booking fee or getting rid of the payment plan because people have abused the system in the past (I don't believe the "it costs too much" excuse), then so be it.

Totally agree with the OP on this.

Please explain to me what I am getting for nothing after just spending £719 on season tickets? I don't remember spending money on ridiculous charges for online purchases the last time we were in the premiership (I quite often bring extra people for games who are not saints fans), guess the extra revenue I used to generate for "this business" won't be happening this season. I remember people slating Lowe for running the club as a business and staying out of debt :rolleyes:

The challenge for many people is that they are short on cash, the owner is not.

The club chose not to have a sponsor and instead charge the club's fans £3 per ticket to buy one...

We stoppped people who can't afford a lump sum payment from buying tickets over instalments...

Hmm, and people can't see that this might not be welcomed with open arms??

The price of success for me is that in a couple of years I will go back to being an armchair fan, not because I can't afford it, but because I have no inherent desire to fund Joey Barton's racehorses or sit next to someone who thinks Ted Bates used to present 3-2-1...

whyt cant I start this thread..? if the mods dont like it, they will delete it/lock it..

who the hell are you to say other wise..?

infact, fuk it, delete it...yee of wisdom from the daily echo of all places has spoken

I did ask a while ago to reduce me to a regitered user but that did not happen..until then, I have the ability to start threads..

maybe I enjoy using this place whilst I am not away and out of the country...is that ok with you..?

Judging by your posts you don't have another life :smile:

Correct !!!!!!!

The best example YET that Cortese is running the Club as a BUSINESS

His error though is to ignore the very Fans that Supported SFC in the rebirth of the Club

He has NOT taken, or given ANY thought to how HIS Supporters can or could accept his DOCTRINE

Goodbye to Saints, the FAMILY Club:D

Hello to Saints the SUCCESSFUL club

Please explain to me what I am getting for nothing after just spending £719 on season tickets? I don't remember spending money on ridiculous charges for online purchases the last time we were in the premiership (I quite often bring extra people for games who are not saints fans), guess the extra revenue I used to generate for "this business" won't be happening this season. I remember people slating Lowe for running the club as a business and staying out of debt :rolleyes:

you will probably get to see saints win the league...something that has not happened since.....?

maybe, this is the price for NOT getting promoted and getting higher revenue streams in...then again, that is a slight dig at pardew and will be roundly laughed at..

who knows

you will probably get to see saints win the league...something that has not happened since.....?

maybe, this is the price for NOT getting promoted and getting higher revenue streams in...then again, that is a slight dig at pardew and will be roundly laughed at..

who knows

Oi TDD No!

picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=413

Give me a f*cking break.

So if the club had instalment plans we would not be able to afford Lambert etc?

The vast majority of people are happy with the prices - they are unhappy with only having a couple of months to pay it. I'd imagine there would be even less complaints if the club had announced the prices before the season ended, giving people plenty of time to get the money together.